Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whey Protein

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior21 View Post
    Whey protein is great for post workout. A good drink for post workout is simple sugars (dextrose/maltodextrin), which you can find in powder form on the internet or just eat candy (nerds are my favorites), followed by whey protein. Depending on whether I am cutting or bulking, that will effect my ratio of carbs to protein. Waxy maize is also an alternative to dextrose & maltodextrin. I also eat a small meal about an hour after that pwo shake. Pre-workout a little oatmeal does the trick for me, maybe a scoop of casein protein...nothing much though.
    grapes work good too..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanFinger View Post
    grapes work good too..
    Caffeine as well!
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Who here drinks Syntha-6?

I known it was mentioned by someone. I was thinking of buying it but I've heard its not a post-work out protein shake. Is that ture?
    Last edited by td0tsfinest; 02-28-2010 at 10:29 AM.

vCash
    I wouldnt use it PWO. Stick with a simple whey isolate for PWO with some simple sugars. Try to avoid fat PWO.

vCash
    i've used it for all my shakes since i couldnt get a good casein. i like the results and the strawberry is hellla good. mixes up decent with water and milk also.

i used n.o. xplode for my pre wrkout drink and the two worked together good.. but i also stayed real strict with drinkin enough water

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanFinger View Post
    i've used it for all my shakes since i couldnt get a good casein. i like the results and the strawberry is hellla good. mixes up decent with water and milk also.

i used n.o. xplode for my pre wrkout drink and the two worked together good.. but i also stayed real strict with drinkin enough water
    Water is a must, even with al the supplements we down, it is important that we don't forget to cleanse out our systems with some good quality H2O!

vCash
    I gave up milk when I lost about 40 pounds a few years back. I drink soy and just use a small carton of regular milk for cooking.

vCash
    chocolate silk is the best..once u drink that u wont want milk ever again.

vCash
    ^Definitely true. Good way to switch to soy for beginners is add it to your protein shakes.

vCash
    Speaking of Soy products, anyone ever ate nutrela soy chunks? Packed with protein and tasts great depending on who cooks it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123