Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Nutrition/Diet Thread

I just wanted to make this because it's a huge aspect of Health and Fitness in any goal you have. There's a snack thread and people were asking about meals and such and I think we have a forum for a reason which is to be more organized so I made this.

What you eat can vary so greatly depending on your goals.

Im in the process of switching up my diet right now. I'm trying to cut fat and gain muscle (and a little weight) at the same time right now. Technically thats supposed to be impossible or ineffective and I'd supposedly be better off on gain and cut cycles, but seeing as I have to at least approximately maintain my weight for football, I'm giving it a go.

Today is my first day going pretty hardcore with my diet, which is extraordinarily difficult at college.

When the days over, I'll post what it looks like but this is just for everyone to talk about general diet, meals, and such rather than just snacks to stay more specific to a topic
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    You doing mostly protein or what

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    You doing mostly protein or what
    You know, I dont even know yet haha. Right now I'm kind of winging it. A lot of protein throughout the day, some complex carbs, veggies, some natural fats and supplements. I'll post up what I ate today in a little bit, boutta hop on COD for a few minutes.

vCash
    It's not impossible to lose fat and add muscle...but its damn hard. I prefer cutting and bulking myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior21 View Post
    It's not impossible to lose fat and add muscle...but its damn hard. I prefer cutting and bulking myself.
    Thats basically what I was getting at, and I agree about cutting and bulking. Unfortunately.. cutting and bulking is a lot more extreme for me than others as I can fluctuate 5 pounds either way within a day and cutting and bulking is more like 15 up and down and I need to stay around a certain weight.

A fasted workout with BCAAs and my asteroid stack should help as well.

vCash
    Looking forward to your diet plan Sean
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Ive got a diet question.

I absolutely hate dieting. I love eating and i really dont want to have to give up food.
    My question is this, i usually eat chicken and rice with a cheese/turkey sandwich snack. Thats pretty much my whole diet since i cook for myself. I eat out maybe once or twice a week, so im wondering if i were to cut back on the amount of food, would that be enough? Or do i have to give up some types of food?

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Hard to answer that question Ron!n. What does your typical diet consist of? Also, what's your height & weight. How much do you train? Are you physically active all day or do you sit behind a desk all day? Diets will vary based upon a lot of different factors.

vCash
    Ron, if you can, just make a few simple transitions, such as white bread to whole wheat, dark meat to white meat, steak to chicken, ironically, sometimes chicken to salmon. You CAN be able to eat alot, if you know how to count your calories correctly, and change up your diet. There are foods just as tasty out there with less calories, you just have to search. I'd also recommend eating salad a lot more if you don't already. For the most part, Salad is like free-calories. (Don't bash on this one, just from what I've heard.) IF you don't fill it up with Caesar dressing, and a shitload of croutons. Don't drink regular soda if you are drinking it. Transition over to water, orange juice, milk, etc. Even diet soda some of the time is okay. I know it's probably not good for me, but I usually always have Diet-Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper in the frige. It's starting to taste better than the regular now.

Just make healthier choices if you can, and that'll allow more calories later on in the day when you feel like you're still hungry.

Remember, 100-calorie packs = amazing. Especially popcorn 100 cal-packs.

vCash
    I need to work on my diet a little bit. I've lost about 30 lbs in the last year from exercising more (mostly elliptical) but have seem to hit a wall in my loss and I think thats because of my diet. I think in terms of what I eat, I'm doing pretty good and I eat pretty healthy. The quantity thing is my main problem. I like to cook and am pretty good at it, and I just enjoy eating most of the food that I make. This is probably a mental battle that I am going to have to face.

vCash
    I'll preface this by saying, I have grown to absolutely despise food. I don't enjoy anything that I eat anymore for the most part, but its what you gotta do. Food is fuel for your body, not something that should be based around pleasure. Studies have shown obese people have reward systems in their brain for food sort of like junkies do for drugs (and I certainly believe it being 325 at one point in my life).

This hate for food is good and bad. It drives me more to eat better but it also makes me desire unhealthy foods more which is annoying.

So I said I'd put up yesterdays diet and here goes

5AM Wake Up
    5:30 AM 3 scoops Jack3d, 3 Prime, 3 PowerFULL, 1 Anabolic Pump
    5:45 AM Begin sipping my 30g of BCAAs (trueprotein.com non caffeinated BCAA Boost)
    6-8AM Workout, sipping BCAAs throughout
    8AM kill BCAAs, 1 Anabolic Pump, Post Workout Shake (trueprotein.com fast recover)
    8:30-9:30 AM Breakfast (2 Prime, 2 cups Oatmeal, Green Apple, 3 eggs+3egg whites with ham broccoli and spinach, glass of chocolate milk which sadly has to go bye bye, banana, 1 egg + 9 egg whites with ham and spinach although I only ate half of these because I was so full I honestly would've puked with another bite. Probably 6-8 glasses of water with breakfast)
    9:35 AM Biggest **** I've ever taken in my life and it wasn't even close. I think it almost clogged the toilet without any paper.
    12:30 Meal Replacement Shake (trueprotein.com Team Skip)
    3:00 Lunch (3 pieces of breaded baked chicken cutting out the fat and breading, probably wound up the size of like 1 piece of chicken. 3 pieces of greasy white meat 'roasted' chicken, took off the skin and used a napkin to dry the grease so it was dry as all hell. Some broccoli, some whole wheat pasta with olive oil. 3 Hard Boiled eggs, white only. 4 glasses of water)
    6:15 Meal Replacement Shake
    8:30 Dinner (2 grilled chicken cutlets on a whole grain hard roll... ***** put cheese on it when I said nothing on it )
    2 PowerFULL before bed

also a bunch of water throughout the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I'll preface this by saying, I have grown to absolutely despise food. I don't enjoy anything that I eat anymore for the most part, but its what you gotta do. Food is fuel for your body, not something that should be based around pleasure. Studies have shown obese people have reward systems in their brain for food sort of like junkies do for drugs (and I certainly believe it being 325 at one point in my life).

This hate for food is good and bad. It drives me more to eat better but it also makes me desire unhealthy foods more which is annoying.

So I said I'd put up yesterdays diet and here goes

5AM Wake Up
    5:30 AM 3 scoops Jack3d, 3 Prime, 3 PowerFULL, 1 Anabolic Pump
    5:45 AM Begin sipping my 30g of BCAAs (trueprotein.com non caffeinated BCAA Boost)
    6-8AM Workout, sipping BCAAs throughout
    8AM kill BCAAs, 1 Anabolic Pump, Post Workout Shake (trueprotein.com fast recover)
    8:30-9:30 AM Breakfast (2 Prime, 2 cups Oatmeal, Green Apple, 3 eggs+3egg whites with ham broccoli and spinach, glass of chocolate milk which sadly has to go bye bye, banana, 1 egg + 9 egg whites with ham and spinach although I only ate half of these because I was so full I honestly would've puked with another bite. Probably 6-8 glasses of water with breakfast)
    9:35 AM Biggest **** I've ever taken in my life and it wasn't even close. I think it almost clogged the toilet without any paper.
    12:30 Meal Replacement Shake (trueprotein.com Team Skip)
    3:00 Lunch (3 pieces of breaded baked chicken cutting out the fat and breading, probably wound up the size of like 1 piece of chicken. 3 pieces of greasy white meat 'roasted' chicken, took off the skin and used a napkin to dry the grease so it was dry as all hell. Some broccoli, some whole wheat pasta with olive oil. 3 Hard Boiled eggs, white only. 4 glasses of water)
    6:15 Meal Replacement Shake
    8:30 Dinner (2 grilled chicken cutlets on a whole grain hard roll... ***** put cheese on it when I said nothing on it )
    2 PowerFULL before bed

also a bunch of water throughout the day.
    How many calories is this? Just curious because reading through it, it seems like a lot to me. I'm trying to lose weight tho, so it might just be my perspective

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    How many calories is this? Just curious because reading through it, it seems like a lot to me. I'm trying to lose weight tho, so it might just be my perspective
    **** if I gotta clue, havent counted calories a day in my life. Even when I was trying to lose weight or being conscious of what I was eating and looking at nutrition facts I'd still look at Fat, Saturated Fat, Trans Fat, Carbohydrates, Sugar, Fiber, Protein, and Sodium but not caring that much about sodium.

So honestly I have no clue about how many calories.

vCash
    The only thing I would replace Sean is the ham you have for breakfast with a slice of turkey instead. Just my preference.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Dude I'm in ****ing college, if only I had that kind of luxury haha.
    Eating this well is hard enough. I certainly prefer ham but turkey is definitely better although not an option. It's just a tiny bit of diced ham in my eggs because they're hard enough to eat plain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast