Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Will this routine help me lose fat?

If I lift regularly, say, 5-6 times a week and do HIIT cardio 3 times a week while eating a strict, clean diet, will I lose fat? Without losing muscle as well?

I used to run 35 min 4-5 times a week and that helped keep my weight steady, but I wasn't able to build much muscle because of it. I've since stopped running like that and made really noticeable gains, but my fat went up too. However, right now, my diet isn't as good and clean as it can be so will this new routine help with losing fat while maintaining muscle?
    Last edited by BroadStBullies; 07-27-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

vCash
    Well, you can't out work a bad diet, if you eat to much, even if it's a clean diet, you won't lose weight.

Generally speaking, if you want to maintain muscle at the most effecient way possible, your suppose to eat/burn 500 calories less than what you need to your maintain current weight.

One thing I do recommend if your going to add a lot of cardio + cut calories is have a day or two, where you just do max weight stuff, Especially dead lifts. A lot of people think losing fat, and maintaining muscle means just doing more cardio and more reps.

But you have to lift heavy still sometimes, it signals to your body that you still need all that muscle and pushes it to use fat for energy instead of burning muscle.

vCash
    do 30-60 secs of cardio after each set. jim stoppanis shortcut to shred is a fav of mine to build muscle/burn fat

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadStBullies View Post
    If I lift regularly, say, 5-6 times a week and do HIIT cardio 3 times a week while eating a strict, clean diet, will I lose fat? Without losing muscle as well?

I used to run 35 min 4-5 times a week and that helped keep my weight steady, but I wasn't able to build much muscle because of it. I've since stopped running like that and made really noticeable gains, but my fat went up too. However, right now, my diet isn't as good and clean as it can be so will this new routine help with losing fat while maintaining muscle?
    It's probably unlikely that you will be able to maintain your muscle while cutting significant fat. You just don't want to burn the muscle, that's some peoples problems.

HIIT is great, and lifting HEAVY is important. A strict, clean diet is also nice but completely unnecessary. Just enjoy what you eat inside of your macros, it makes your life much much better.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    It sounds like you are looking for a miracle. You can never out train a bad diet. You dont build muscle by doing long distance cardio you burn it. You build muscle by eating clean macros. Post your stats( age height weight bf% estimate ) and I can help with your diet if you like.

Dieting isnt corrected over night. Its corrected over time. No one ever does (myself included) start with cleaning their diet up first. It needs to become a lifestyle change. I am not trying to be a jerk but trying to express how to manage expectations
    Last edited by oldbutjacked; 07-29-2014 at 05:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    It's probably unlikely that you will be able to maintain your muscle while cutting significant fat. You just don't want to burn the muscle, that's some peoples problems.

HIIT is great, and lifting HEAVY is important. A strict, clean diet is also nice but completely unnecessary. Just enjoy what you eat inside of your macros, it makes your life much much better.

I agree and disagree with the macros comment. It still needs to be clean food. No it does not need to steam veggies and chicken everyday but just because you have 50 carbs left in your macro day means you could eat a candy bar.

vCash
    I follow kris gethins workout and diet right now, it's pretty ridiculous to be honest but it works for me. It can get pricey though

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris...k-1-day-3.html

I built quite a bit of muscle doing it, but the last three weeks are ****ing brutal
    Last edited by raiderfaninTX; 07-31-2014 at 09:57 AM.

vCash
    plus he is on juice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    I follow kris gethins workout and diet right now, it's pretty ridiculous to be honest but it works for me. It can get pricey though

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris...k-1-day-3.html

I built quite a bit of muscle doing it, but the last three weeks are ****ing brutal
    Did you do all 12 weeks? I like the idea of following a program I can follow online, with food and workouts being directed to me. Just to give it a try.

Dunno if I'd trust this guy though. Anyone got a good 9-12 week program I can find online for free?

vCash
    Wouldn't it depend on what you want?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Did you do all 12 weeks? I like the idea of following a program I can follow online, with food and workouts being directed to me. Just to give it a try.

Dunno if I'd trust this guy though. Anyone got a good 9-12 week program I can find online for free?
    anything from jim stoppani

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    anything from jim stoppani
    You did his program beginning to end?

vCash
    I swear mosy people at my gym do these programs for one week... And then completely syoo it all while glowing about it for that 7 days.

vCash
    I've never really done a program which is why I wanna try one. I always thought they were for beginner's mostly.

None the body building guys I workout with do any programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post

I've dont the program twice one following the diet one without. following the diet you will shred body fat but depending on how strong you are you may want to bulk first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast