Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Legs workout question

So I just started lifting 2 weeks ago after letting myself get fat for four years.

Well my training buddy is recommending I skip my leg days for a few weeks to concentrate on the upper-body since I am very weak up top and naturally strong below.

Ex.
    On my calve raises I do around 350lbs.
    and leg press I only do around 500 lbs

Again he says just starting out that those numbers are impressive so I should get the rest of my body caught up.

I wanted to find out if you would recommend the same thing? I just want to make sure I am not getting bad advice.
    Last edited by raiderfaninTX; 01-01-2014 at 01:41 AM.

vCash
    My recommendation is not to listen to your friends recommendation

vCash
    I wouldn't skip legs. I'd stick to a complete schedule and once I'm 6-8 months into it then I'd start evaluating diff body parts and adjusting. I think right now you should def work legs out
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    My recommendation is not to listen to your friends recommendation
    This

vCash
    U wot

Leg presses and calf raise don't mean nothing.

Squats are the best leg exercise lol try if you could do 1 plate on that m8

vCash
    Cycling and jogging can be effective. It will reduce extra fat from you legs and give more strength to them. For upper body growth you can opt to do push ups and weight lifting which you are already doing. Keep it simple as you are trying to remove the fat which you have gained in four years. Don't expect to get fit in quick time. Be patient.

vCash
    For upper body, Do push-ups, Wide-Grip Push up, Diamonds push-ups,Front Clap push-ups,One arms push-ups,Staggered push-ups, Incline Push-ups etc, For Legs Portion Squats, Dead-lift,Split Squat, Calf Raise etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoctor View Post
    For upper body, Do push-ups, Wide-Grip Push up, Diamonds push-ups,Front Clap push-ups,One arms push-ups,Staggered push-ups, Incline Push-ups etc, For Legs Portion Squats, Dead-lift,Split Squat, Calf Raise etc
    thanx for sharing that all information about pushups and squats
    Last edited by andymark25415; 04-07-2014 at 06:39 AM.

vCash
    Well I recommend you to start jogging and cycling, which results to reduce your weight and increase your stamina. Don't get sad be patient you will get good results.