Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

mini back explosion

Hi. Just got back from the gym where i hurt myself. Was wondering if anyone had advice? I was carrying two 30 dumbbells, bent over, and dropped them on the ground. As i let them go i felt a mini explosion in my lower back. Its not that painful but i cant bend forward well at all (doing so causes pain and its just to tight) I can arche backward without pain. Like i said i am not in the much pain but really have been training hard the last couple months and want to minimize this set back as much as possible. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

vCash
    Could be a bulging disc. I'd see a chiropractor.

vCash
    find out what it was?

I know that when I'm in that position with weight, like doing a bent over dumbell row, it stresses my lower back pretty badly. Never had any explosion type feeling tho, just tightness and soreness.

Really, all I did was modify my back and leg workouts to exercises which put no stress on the lower back. After about a year of that, I can now do squats. Can't do bent over dumbell rows tho, I think that exercise really stresses the back more than people realize.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    find out what it was?

I know that when I'm in that position with weight, like doing a bent over dumbell row, it stresses my lower back pretty badly. Never had any explosion type feeling tho, just tightness and soreness.

Really, all I did was modify my back and leg workouts to exercises which put no stress on the lower back. After about a year of that, I can now do squats. Can't do bent over dumbell rows tho, I think that exercise really stresses the back more than people realize.
    i don't know what it is but it seems to be getting better. Much less pain last night and much much less getting up in the morning today. I've been stretching a ton and downing water and fish oil. Plan is to resume all activity next week

vCash
    Probably a bulging disk pinching a nerve in your back. If you made any sort of motion that would pinch it, it would cause that explosion like feeling. I have one myself and I'very described what happens to my back when I bend over and start back up as just that; an explosion in the lower back. Best of luck!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Probably a bulging disk pinching a nerve in your back. If you made any sort of motion that would pinch it, it would cause that explosion like feeling. I have one myself and I'very described what happens to my back when I bend over and start back up as just that; an explosion in the lower back. Best of luck!
    Thinking it must have been a pinched nerve or something based on my progress. I was laid up for a couple months last year and am now always scare of hurting my back. I feel near 100% and will returning to training on Wens. Wish me luck

vCash
    I have chronic lower back pain. I don't care for Chiros (just my opinion) and prefer physical therapist as long as they are good. Dont bend or stretch let them release the muscle for you. Try and see a place that has a decompression machine. You will be worse before better but should be good to go quickly.