Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Knee Pain

Knee Pain

Any suggestions in trying to relieve your knee pain?

I cannot even do squats anymore, I just get a lot of pain in my knees after playing sports, jogging, even just taking free throws.

I am wondering how would I go about and making my knees close to 100%? Right now, they are in pain and when they are not, my legs are extremely stiff and my mobility when playing sports is awful.

Where is your knee pain? Anterior, posterior, etc. I had problems when I played football in my patella tendon.

Temporary fixes include OTC medication and stretching your legs before you do activities.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    Where is your knee pain? Anterior, posterior, etc. I had problems when I played football in my patella tendon.
    Definitely Anterior.

I must've messed up my knees from rugby/football as well but that was over a year ago

I work legs but I refuse to do squats or heavy leg extensions exactly for this reason. Those two workouts are so bad for your knees. It's only a matter of time before you damage them.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

A lot of knee pain comes from quads/ hip flexors being way too tight. Those muscle can pull patella out of track and cause discomfort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mjBaLVlQWw

try this one out for hip flexor and quad. if its muscle tightness you will feel relief right after this. You need someone who knows what they are doing but prepare to cry like a girl.

^^^ might be my issue. Can't open YouTube videos on phone (PSD is great ). What's the title/channel?

google

elliot brutal hip stretch

my wife and I do this every night to one another. I train MMA and its helped my kicks so much. There are days I'm amazed at hwo flexible I have become and that stretch will get you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    Definitely Anterior.

I must've messed up my knees from rugby/football as well but that was over a year ago
    Check out patellar tendon injuries. It may be something as simple as patellar tendonitis where you can just get a band and put it around your knee.

Take Hot water Bath after workouts

I used to have bad knee pain, and I still do sometimes, but it's not nearly as bad. I still do squats every week, but I wear knee wraps when I do. I also just do lunges from time to time.

I went to the chiropractor and that helped with pain relief, and I also walk uphill backwards, and that's really good for your knee's.

I have also a knee pain about month ago. My knee pain start during playing basketball. I think you must consult with your nearest doctor and then eat pain pills on the regular basis.
    Last edited by DarrylSpiers; 01-22-2016 at 11:34 AM.

I have knee issues stemming back years to where my knee will lock up and be in constant soreness and pain.

I have found marijuana to be a huge relief in inflammation and soreness. I know I sound like one of "those " guys but its been an eye opener as someone who used it heavily recreationally in the past.

take Hot water Bath after workouts