Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolando McClain

Rolando McClain

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks has McClain dropping to the Giants at 15. That would be incredible.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true

If the draft actually shakes out like that we need to trade up and grab Eric Berry and then sign a MLB in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post
    If the draft actually shakes out like that we need to trade up and grab Eric Berry and then sign a MLB in FA.
    100% agree. Seen others with Berry at 9. I'd even trade up for him there. It's going to cost a decent amount to move up to 9, but I'd rather spend it on Berry than McClain as LB is easier to fill both in this draft and long term.
    Follow me @JakeAllinCiely and I will answer your questions within hours!

Or listen every Sunday morning at 11am and get your lineup questions LIVE baby!

Oh my God if we got any of the 3 beasts up the middle, Suh/Mcclain/Berry then I would freak out. They also happen to be our 3 biggest needs

If Berry drops past 7, the Giants HAVE to trade up and get him. PERIOD
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

I dont think that was a good mock draft.

Never even heard of the dude getting drafted 3rd by the bucks.

Jimmy Clausen not a 1st rd pick?

I dont think Mclain falls to us. I would deff trade up.

If.. I mean if Berry falls to 7 then I absolutely agree that the Giants must trade down for him, but i don't think it's going to happen

Id be estatic with Berry or McClain
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

As much as i would love for this to happen, i'm becoming less optimistic everyday. The only thing that still has me holding out some hope is Miami at 11. Many mock drafts have them taking McClain at 11 to replace Joey Porter; which makes no sense. If they want to replace Porter, wouldnt they draft Sergio Kindle? Who ACTUALLY PLAYS on the outside? I realize Crowder is hurt but when he is playing he is more than adequate.

^^ you ahve to remember that jason taylor is on the other outside lb spot for the dolphins. how much longer do you think he will play? they are growing thin at OLB.

GIANTS

If we get Dansby and Berry drops, trade up for Berry. If we get Dansby and Berry is gone, grab Thomas. If we dont get Dansby, get McClain by whatever means it takes and grab a S in round 2 or the Berry/Thomas scenario and then draft Daryl Washington out of TCU. He is undersized but a speedster who can add bulk and cover RBs out of the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

Quote Originally Posted by The12thManOnD View Post
    ^^ you ahve to remember that jason taylor is on the other outside lb spot for the dolphins. how much longer do you think he will play? they are growing thin at OLB.
    This still doesn't justify them picking a middle linebacker to play on the outside in a 3-4. The middle linebacker in a 4-3 is way different than the middle linebacker in a 3-4. Imagine if they tried to make him play the outside? He would be lost...
    And i realize Sergio Kindle isn't exactly 11th overall pick material, so if i'm Bill Parcells, i trade down, and grab as many picks as i can. THEN i would take Kindle.

if we got Mclain or Berry, it would be spectacular, are you kidding me, I didn't think we'd get either

I'm pretty content the Giants going DT, S, MLB or OT....in no order although OT is not the big need here

I am thinking though with Jay Alford coming back off injury I have a feeling Giants go S or MLB first possibly OT

1st round worthy: (for us) LB-Rolando McClain,DT- Brian Price,S- Earl Thomas, OT- Brian Bulaga

2nd round worthy: DT-Cam Thomas, MLB-Daryl Washington/Brandon Spikes, S-Chad Jones/Nate Allen, OT-Kyle Galloway

3rd round worthy: OT-Jared Velheer, S-Reshad Jones/Major Wright, LB Sean Lee, DT-Tyson Alualu/Geno Atkins

Those should be our first 3 rounds top picks: If McClain is available at all we take him @ 15 but if he's gone my Fav top 3 round picks are:

1-Earl Thomas
    2-Brandon Spikes
    3-Geno Atkins

if not that then

1-Brian Price
    2-Chad Jones
    3-Sean Lee

Look up those players if you don't know them yet they all could be great picks for us Id like the Giants to actually try and get both Sean Lee and Geno Atkins(obvious trade up)even if we drafted a LB or a DT already Lee had a bad knee injury but showed he still got it and Atkins was amazing in the Senoir bowl he beat the crap out of Mike Iupati whose the top Guard in the draft....which is what we need oooooo I get excited.lol but if we get Sean Lee and Brandon Spikes/Rolando McClain we can move Lee to OLB
    Last edited by uwish1127; 02-21-2010 at 10:50 AM.

The Good Ole Days

Quote Originally Posted by edsquires11 View Post
    This still doesn't justify them picking a middle linebacker to play on the outside in a 3-4. The middle linebacker in a 4-3 is way different than the middle linebacker in a 3-4. Imagine if they tried to make him play the outside? He would be lost...
    And i realize Sergio Kindle isn't exactly 11th overall pick material, so if i'm Bill Parcells, i trade down, and grab as many picks as i can. THEN i would take Kindle.
    LMAO IN NO WAY was i talking about using mclain as an outside linebacker. never. im arguing for the fact hat the dolphins take an outside LB before they do Mcclain. i think who we have to worry about is the broncos and whether or not mcdaniels trades marshall. cuz we all know even if you dont trade marshall the man is gonna play. hes a playmaker. but if the broncos trade marshall mclaiin is ours

GIANTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast