Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

3 Lefty Rotation

Jerry manuel is heavily leaning towards starting John Niese in the 5th spot in the rotation. That would be three lefties in the rotation with Johan and Ollie. I wonder if that is thought of with the Philladelphia Phillies in mind. Does anyone remember the last time the mets went with three lefthanded starters out of spring training? Matlack,Koosman Lieter/Hampton have we ever had three lefties in the rotation to start the year?

vCash
    no idea. but if healthy, i think this rotation would be great aganist the Phillies

"It's not enough that I succeed, others should fail."

vCash
    You turn around Rollins and shut down Utley and Howard. Just have to find someone to slow down Met Killer Extraordinaire Jayson Werth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    You turn around Rollins and shut down Utley and Howard. Just have to find someone to slow down Met Killer Extraordinaire Jayson Werth.
    It's called free agency at the end of the year. I believe Ibanez is a FA also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    no idea. but if healthy, i think this rotation would be great aganist the Phillies
    I wonder if jerry will go LRLRL or LLRRL. That could be huge to throw 2 lefties against the Phils. But if they catch Niese in the first game of a 3 game series santana would follow and then ollie. I like it.

I also like the fact that Hammels has to throw to a prdominatly RH lineup now. as does Sabathia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Gandolfo View Post
    I wonder if jerry will go LRLRL or LLRRL. That could be huge to throw 2 lefties against the Phils. But if they catch Niese in the first game of a 3 game series santana would follow and then ollie. I like it.

I also like the fact that Hammels has to throw to a prdominatly RH lineup now. as does Sabathia.
    its gonna be LRLRL, you have to mix it up.

"It's not enough that I succeed, others should fail."

vCash
    Regardless or whether hes a lefty or not this should be Niese's job to lose. I mean look at the other guys.. Figgy, Misch, Nieve.. they're all scrubs so they might as well throw a guy with potential in the 5th spot unless he really sucks. The only guy out of those 3 I could possibly want is Nieve but I think he would be better suited for the bullpen.
    Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Hampton, Leiter & Glendon Rusch in the year 2000.

vCash
    it would be nice , I still though would like to have Neise Start in AAA. I want him to take his time, get a few starts and see if he was the same pitcher he was when he came up last year. We can't afford OTJ training anymore.
    ...New toy

vCash
    It's not on the job training anymore. This guy came up in 2008 and would have spent all of 2009 here had he not snapped his hamstring. Niese has ML stuff, now is the time to show it. If healthy he is by far the best of the rest vying for the 5 spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
    Hampton, Leiter & Glendon Rusch in the year 2000.
    I forgot about Rusch. He was in that lineup. Was Estes ever in there as well?

vCash
    Though Rusch and Hampton were hardly typical lefties. They were both tougher against right handed hitters than lefties at the plate.

Leiter was death on lefties in 2000.

Don't worry. He's got this.

vCash
    Lieter was also a bulldog. the gy wnted the ball and knew he was going to get you out. I remember a guy would hit a double off him and before the runner reached second base he was urging the home plate ump to give him a new ball. love watching him on the mound

vCash
    I doubt the move would have anything to do with the Phillies' lineup, and if it does, that's pretty stupid. Even if they're the Mets biggest rival, they still only make up 18 of the 162 games in the season.

Also, Utley hits lefties well and Ibanez is not a free agent until after next season, which will probably be a good thing for you guys.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    it has everything to do with the fact that Niese deserves the 5th starter job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast