Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Free Weights i use most of the time but for some exercises i use cables.

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    I like machine. Just something I have grown up around. Plus as rylinkus said, I work out alone and like to be safe

vCash
    Free weights all the way!!

vCash
    I only worked out hardcore for about two months in my life. But I was strict with it and had a steady plan. I would not call myself an expert on the subject, but I do have that little experience and my plan worked for me.

Personally, I liked free weights a ton more. But then again, I only had free weights in my basement. I did not have any machines. I hate working out at gyms. But even at gyms, I favored free weights. I was more disciplined with them, and I saw better results.

I never used a spotter with free weights though. I knew my limits and I was safe. Perhaps it's a dumb move, but my plan was effective, and I didn't do anything unsafe.

vCash
    Free weights. I guess I just like results.

vCash
    I'd say I do about 80% free weights and the other 20% machines. I feel like a get a better workout with free weights and have a better form with them.

vCash
    I use both but machine is definitely on the lower end but if i had a choice
    Free weights you can use stabilizer muscle that you dont use with machines, Machines follow a track built for it so sometimes the movement can feel unnatural, Weight are incremented on machines (unless they are plate loaded)

vCash
    Mostly free weights, for reasons we all know ( more of a work out to stabilize while lifting, etc.) but I sometime use machines, just depending on the exercise. Mostly upperbody I do free weights, but for example legs I tend to use more machines because my knees are S-H-O-T and I just can't squat with them so I gotta use machines

vCash

vCash
    While I know they aren't the same, they kinda fall under the same category as free weights in that you have to stabilize yourself to stay in proper form as opposed to a machine on a track.

I try and do push ups, crunches and pull ups along with some basic free weight exercises if I cant get to the gym on a given day

vCash
    A combination. I much prefer free weights for upper body lifts (outside of pec flyes - don't trust my shoulder after injuring the joint a few years ago) but machine lifts for lower body for the most part (although I do use free weights - I just feel safer on a machine for the purpose of exercising).

vCash
    What about free weight machines?
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    What about free weight machines?
    I classify those as free weights. Some movements just are better done on a machine, and in general, free weight machines allow you to customize your workout and workout style (for free weight and/or overhead cabled machines).

vCash
    i use a lot of both

vCash
    free weights no doubt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast