Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13,783
    vCash
    1500
    Free Weights i use most of the time but for some exercises i use cables.

    Straight Flash Homey

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canadian In Michigan.
    Posts
    42,040
    vCash
    1500
    I like machine. Just something I have grown up around. Plus as rylinkus said, I work out alone and like to be safe

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,227
    vCash
    1500
    Free weights all the way!!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,148
    vCash
    1500
    I only worked out hardcore for about two months in my life. But I was strict with it and had a steady plan. I would not call myself an expert on the subject, but I do have that little experience and my plan worked for me.

    Personally, I liked free weights a ton more. But then again, I only had free weights in my basement. I did not have any machines. I hate working out at gyms. But even at gyms, I favored free weights. I was more disciplined with them, and I saw better results.

    I never used a spotter with free weights though. I knew my limits and I was safe. Perhaps it's a dumb move, but my plan was effective, and I didn't do anything unsafe.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    -
    Posts
    28,439
    vCash
    1500
    Free weights. I guess I just like results.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,473
    vCash
    1500
    I'd say I do about 80% free weights and the other 20% machines. I feel like a get a better workout with free weights and have a better form with them.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Andover, MA
    Posts
    2,630
    vCash
    1500
    I use both but machine is definitely on the lower end but if i had a choice
    Free weights you can use stabilizer muscle that you dont use with machines, Machines follow a track built for it so sometimes the movement can feel unnatural, Weight are incremented on machines (unless they are plate loaded)

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,996
    vCash
    1500
    Mostly free weights, for reasons we all know ( more of a work out to stabilize while lifting, etc.) but I sometime use machines, just depending on the exercise. Mostly upperbody I do free weights, but for example legs I tend to use more machines because my knees are S-H-O-T and I just can't squat with them so I gotta use machines

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    230
    vCash
    1500

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,996
    vCash
    1500
    While I know they aren't the same, they kinda fall under the same category as free weights in that you have to stabilize yourself to stay in proper form as opposed to a machine on a track.

    I try and do push ups, crunches and pull ups along with some basic free weight exercises if I cant get to the gym on a given day

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35,319
    vCash
    500
    A combination. I much prefer free weights for upper body lifts (outside of pec flyes - don't trust my shoulder after injuring the joint a few years ago) but machine lifts for lower body for the most part (although I do use free weights - I just feel safer on a machine for the purpose of exercising).

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York/Florida
    Posts
    30,215
    vCash
    1500
    What about free weight machines?
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35,319
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    What about free weight machines?
    I classify those as free weights. Some movements just are better done on a machine, and in general, free weight machines allow you to customize your workout and workout style (for free weight and/or overhead cabled machines).

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    26,250
    vCash
    1500
    i use a lot of both

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,508
    vCash
    1500
    free weights no doubt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •