Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pawn Stars

vCash
    I never heard of it until they ran a marathon on History Channel about a month ago and I loved it. It's very interesting to learn about the history behind most of that stuff and that dude Chumlee is such a moron that it's funny.

Great show.

vCash
    It's kind of sad how badly they rape the people for their stuff though, they give them about 3 cents on the dollar for their most valuable items.

vCash
    The shows I have seen they offer around 50%-60% of the suggested retail value but we rarely see what the items sell for. Most people do not pay retail in a pawn shop.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    AWESOME show...I get so angry watching it though

vCash
    They do rip people off so much..I dont get why these people sell the stuff for so little when they know the actual value of it

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    AMAZING SHOW!!!!! Love it so much. I also love how they are all connected in Vegas. Experts all helping each other out throughout the city

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    i love the show! The Old Man and Chumlee crack me up. Corey is an idiot and its funny watching him get in trouble like every episode. Rick knows his **** pretty good. its so cool seeing all those artifacts brought into the store.

did you all see the one when Chumlee made wine? i literally died laughing the entire time.
    Not to be a grammar Nazi or anything, but I just get irritated when people don't know what context to use the word literally in. Obviously you didn't literally die laughing because here you are talking about it later.

Just FYI.

vCash
    Love this show, all the guys are funny/awesome.
    SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    It's kind of sad how badly they rape the people for their stuff though, they give them about 3 cents on the dollar for their most valuable items.
    I don't think it's quite that low, but they have to make a profit so I definitely understand it. And the longer some of that stuff sits there in that store the more money they lose. Margins are everything in that kind of business.

vCash
    I like the show. Some of these people need to learn how to use ebay rather then selling their stuff for pennies on the dollar to a pawn shop.
    I liked the episode where the son bought the hot air baloon for $30,000 and the father snapped. I wonder if they ever got that thing sold?

vCash
    It's a good show. You learn a lot, and you'll always get a laugh. It's sometimes funny/sad when someone thinks they have something that's worth a lot and it turns out to be a counterfeit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    I like the show. Some of these people need to learn how to use ebay rather then selling their stuff for pennies on the dollar to a pawn shop.
    I liked the episode where the son bought the hot air baloon for $30,000 and the father snapped. I wonder if they ever got that thing sold?
    Hell I buy stuff at pawn shops to sell on eBay. So you know the person that had it could've made some money. For example I bought 3 of the Final Fantasy games on playstation for $4 a piece last month. They all sold for over $20 and one of them (Final Fantasy VII) went for $52.

Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    They do rip people off so much..I dont get why these people sell the stuff for so little when they know the actual value of it
    Because they either are really desperate for the money or the item is stolen most of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Hell I buy stuff at pawn shops to sell on eBay. So you know the person that had it could've made some money. For example I bought 3 of the Final Fantasy games on playstation for $4 a piece last month. They all sold for over $20 and one of them (Final Fantasy VII) went for $52.

Because they either are really desperate for the money or the item is stolen most of the time.

I've done the same thing. A couple of years ago this pawn shop had a huge box of NES games and the guy sold me the whole box for $75. I just broke them off into lots and sold them on ebay and ended up making over $300 on the deal.

vCash
    great great great show. i hate seeing how much people are ripped off though

vCash
    Peaches is hot. They need to have her on the show more often

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast