Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

9 year olds workout

My little boy is my gym partner. what do you think of his workout routine, this is the last 2...

he is 9, and 52 pounds. little man. no weights, all body weight.

lower body, Monday, wed.

box jump, high
    superset with body weight squats

low box jump, butt to ground,

superset with body weight squat fast

long jump
    superset with burpees

1 leg squat ( squat on 1 leg at a time)
    22 each leg
    22 each leg
    22 each leg
    22 each leg
    1 leg jump squat
    (he jumps when he squats)
    12 each leg
    12 each leg

lunges body weight
    2 laps
    (approx.80 reps, each leg)

2 sets

calve raise
    100 total, no rest,

( perfect form on all excerizes, lunges are beautiful, good stretch.)

upper body
    Tuesday and thursday

clap push up
    superset with wide behind the neck pull up
    6 by himself, 4 me helping by grabbing his legs
    6/4
    6/4
    6/4

push up on bands, where he goes super deep
    superset with wide grip pull up front
    7/4
    7/4
    7/4
    7/4

plyo? push up. push up where his whole body, feet come off floor

superset/wide grip pull up front
    7/4
    7/4

knuckle push up

superset 1st sets with 2 close grip underhand pull ups

regular push ups

back flex laying on stomach on incline bench, simulate db row, but with nothing, flex back HARD.
    2 SETS OF 50

then standing, hands in air, simulate lat pull down, but with nothing, back flex, hard, 50 reps, 2 sets

dips 3 sets of 6

and
    to finish

hands hold straight out lateral, 5 minutes hold.

all reps are perfect form, all the way up, and down, pull ups are all the way down, to a hang and back up...

---------------

we run up a big hill, about 50-75 yards, not sure 10-15 sprints 3 times a week.

then on Friday, he runs about 2 miles, and does about 300 elbows to knees situps, 2 sets of 3 minute planks, (sometimes he rest on Friday, and does this on Saturday)

off sat and sun.

that's the basic routine...

today, the box was gone, so instead he jumped over a bench, but that's not very common....

thoughts?

vCash
    What supplements is he on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    What supplements is he on?
    jacked, syntha 6, casein, prohormones, etc. just the normal stuff...

--------

KIDDING!!!! absolutely nothing.
    make him drink whole milk and a banana before and after workout, besides that, just trying to really push him to eat...

he does have a carnation instant breakfast at night, has a way to give him some extra calories, just because he is so tiny.

vCash
    Let me know how he progress rawz. If my son is into that type of thing when he gets that age I would like him to be fit

vCash
    oh, he has been progressing big time. he was just doing 1 lap of lunges, where he would do one, stop, go, stop go. now he does 2-3 laps, doesn't stop at all.

and on the box jump, when we started this summer, he was doing like 12, on the low box. every week we go up maybe 2 reps on a couple exercises. On the clap push ups, he started doing like 12, and he didn't really go all the way down, now he is doing 20 and goes almost chest to floor...

I can see changes in his body to. he is such a little guy, but I can see him getting stronger.... its challenging not giving him any real weights, but at his age, it could be damaging...

he is in beast mode.

he went last year to. all summer. last summer he got up to 4 laps on the lunges, but we do a harder variation now. every week we just add something, or do more reps, or do a harder variation. extremely proud of him..

the main focus this summer has been on me trying to make him eat more.

vCash
    Not trying to be "funny" but when is it you can start with weights?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Not trying to be "funny" but when is it you can start with weights?
    after puberty.

among other things, some research suggest it can damage the growth plate stunting growth.
    Last edited by rawz; 07-24-2014 at 01:31 AM.

vCash
    Yeah I've also heard you should weight until you have fully stopped growing before you start lifting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    oh, he has been progressing big time. he was just doing 1 lap of lunges, where he would do one, stop, go, stop go. now he does 2-3 laps, doesn't stop at all.

and on the box jump, when we started this summer, he was doing like 12, on the low box. every week we go up maybe 2 reps on a couple exercises. On the clap push ups, he started doing like 12, and he didn't really go all the way down, now he is doing 20 and goes almost chest to floor...

I can see changes in his body to. he is such a little guy, but I can see him getting stronger.... its challenging not giving him any real weights, but at his age, it could be damaging...

he is in beast mode.

he went last year to. all summer. last summer he got up to 4 laps on the lunges, but we do a harder variation now. every week we just add something, or do more reps, or do a harder variation. extremely proud of him..

the main focus this summer has been on me trying to make him eat more.
    He's only 9 man, I'd take it down a notch, but thats just me.

vCash
    Why? Theres nothing wrong

vCash
    Guys don't fully stop growing until they're well past being a teenager I'd say about 14 is when you should be able to start
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Does he play any sports?
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    another excellent workout by little man. did upper body today, while I did shoulders. increased clap push ups to 22 each, underhand close 10 each, among other things. and did a 5 minute lateral raise, where he just held for 5 minutes to cap off the workout.

and just to be clear, he loves it. I never yell at him, or make him go.im not the dad that calls him names, or tries to motivate him by saying negative things.... its all positive.

he is always looking forward to it, just like me. he likes trying to "beat dad" at things.

and by eating more, for instance, at breakfast, he normally would eat a bowl of coco puffs or something. now im trying to get him to eat the coco puffs with some peanut butter toast, or some oatmeal to go along with it.
    for snack, instead of the fruit snacks, we go with turkey wraps with cheese.

he does play sports, baseball, football, basketball, soccer.

loves it. not the best player, always the smallest guy on his team. but he is the hardest worker. extremely proud dad.

vCash
    in terms of sports, just trying to expose him to has much has possible at this point. and after he does 1 year, if he doesn't want to do it again, he doesn't have to. just want him to try a lot of things at least once. so far, he has loved everything he has done. my oldest, he is 15, he just does football and track now. ( last year was his last that he wanted to play basketball, and he stopped baseball and soccer several years ago. just not his thing... he lifts with his teammates though. miss the days when he went to.

vCash
    This workout is looking good and i am very impressed with your workout. If you have used any supplement then you can add here. This is true that a good workout plan is helpful to lose weight quickly.
    Last edited by RonaldoAllen; 09-20-2014 at 05:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast