Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Need Some Help Tips

So at start of year I was at around 245 lbs, now I'm going back and forth between 230-235. My goal was to get down to 220 by end of yr, with stretch goal of 200.

Just looking for simple tips- healthy snacks, what not to eat, drink, etc. how to get into a workout routine and stay motivated.

Finishing jr yr of college. Was active in high school, football baseball and basketball. 6'1". During school yr I work 30-35 hrs a week with 15 credits. Play intramurals when able.

Really would like to get to 200lbs but I realize I need to take baby steps.

Thanks ahead of time for any help and feedback
    [CENTER]
    AARON RODGERS

*Super Bowl XLV Champion
    *Super Bowl XLV MVP
    *2011 NFL MVP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hgtiger32 View Post
    So at start of year I was at around 245 lbs, now I'm going back and forth between 230-235. My goal was to get down to 220 by end of yr, with stretch goal of 200.

Just looking for simple tips- healthy snacks, what not to eat, drink, etc. how to get into a workout routine and stay motivated.

Finishing jr yr of college. Was active in high school, football baseball and basketball. 6'1". During school yr I work 30-35 hrs a week with 15 credits. Play intramurals when able.

Really would like to get to 200lbs but I realize I need to take baby steps.

Thanks ahead of time for any help and feedback
    Sure man, I will offer my insight.

Three (3) areas you need to review. These areas need a second look or some change.

1. Diet- I know younger adults have harder time staying disciplined. I would eat fruits, grains, oatmeal, fiber, egg whites, baked chicken breast, baked white fish, ext...

I would stay away from pastas, sugar, refined foods, sodium, beer, sodas, fried anything, fast food anything, whole milk, sugar ceral, butter, oil, white bread, ext...

I would drink lots....lots of water.

2. Cardio- You gotta...MUST get your heart rate up. You must leave the gym a sweaty mess. You need to be burning calories while stay healthy. Humans are made to be active creatures. Most Americans are not, this is why we have so many health problems. You should be getting 30-60mins of cardio daily, if healthy.

3. Lifestyle- You gotta not party, drink, hangout, ext.. as much. This is very hard for young adults. Your mind is wired to be social, its in our nature. But some bad habits can come along with it. Drinking, smoking, staying up late (lack of sleep), ext.. all make for poor health.

Best of luck and remember its about desire. How bad do you want it?

Uncle Bird Fan

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    The main key to losing weight is diet. Figure out your maintenance caloies and eat less than that to lose weight.

As far as being motivated to work out, you either want it or you don't. Depends on how much you really want to transform your body

vCash
    a lot of staying motivated has to do with doing what you enjoy too. If you hate running but love playing ball, then enjoy bball rather than force yourself to run. Makes it easier to stick with things and stay consistent.
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    a lot of staying motivated has to do with doing what you enjoy too. If you hate running but love playing ball, then enjoy bball rather than force yourself to run. Makes it easier to stick with things and stay consistent.
    Agreed. You must be driven. You must enjoy the commitment, the grind, trying to make yourself better. If you don't you won't do it well, and prob not for long.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Avoid the soda drinks, junk foods, fatty foods, and fast foods to control your weight.
    Convert your diet plan from processed foods to organic foods. Also add more fruits juices and liquid foods in your diet to burn the fat and lose the extra weight.
    Last edited by Gresham; 02-22-2014 at 12:55 AM.
    adamprowse fitness

Adam Prowse Personal Trainer,
    2/539 High Street Maitland,
    New South Wales 2320, Australia

vCash
    Hi,

Try out the following for 3 months only.

1. Rows with resistance bands on exercise ball - 50 reps

2. Wall squats with exercise ball - 50 reps

3. Dumbbell chest press on exercise ball - 50 reps

4. Alternating Arm and leg raises in cat position - 50 reps

5. Dumbbell shoulder press on exercise ball - 50 reps

6. Sit ups on exercise ball - 50 reps

--------------------------------------
    Marco Guizar

vCash
    I am suggesting you some easy tips for weigh losing. First of all be care full on your diet. Avoid oily and street food. Avoid soft drinks. Eat salad and vegetables daily. Wake up early, go for a long walk, do some simple exercise and drink lots of water in the morning. You will have to be mentally strong for losing weight. Keep it up.

vCash
    Humans square measure created to move creatures. Most Americans aren't, this is often why we've got numerous health issues. you must be obtaining 30-60mins of cardio daily, if healthy.

vCash
    As far as i think For you it would quite easy goal to achieve as you already told about your past workout routine.. I think now you should do 2 things
    1 start proper exercise like cardio
    2 make a diet plan and stick on that

vCash
    Sweet through your clothes on average twice a day

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.