35 81.40%
  • Tony Romo

8 18.60%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Big Ben vs Tony Romo

K I was told today Ben was the better QB hands down. . . I think thats BS

Heres the stats:

Ben Roethlisberger: 2 superbowls, 127 TD's, 81 INT's, 63.3 completion %, 1 probowl.

5 seasons as a starter.

Tony Romo: 0 superbowls, 107 TD's, 55 INT's, 63.4 completion %, 2 probowls.

3 1/2 seasons as a starter.

What the stats dont show is that Pittsburghs def has been phenomenal over big bens stretch making it a little easier for big ben. Also I was told by the same guy that Big bens WR were not ideal. . . I found that strange as each of them has a superbowl MVP while Big Ben does not.

vCash
    Romo has the Stats but Big Ben has the Rings.

If Romo can lead the Boys to a Superbowl victory this wont be a question anymore Romo will be the better of the two but right now Big Ben has the Rings. So IDK.

vCash
    Im the guy he is referring too.... and if i were too choose a QB between the two of these i would no doubt take Ben. Only ELITE QBs are able to lead drives that Ben did against the Cardinals. Like i said before, One superbowl is a coincidence, two is not! look at the Cowboys offensive weapons and look at the Steelers, who would you take? And note that the steelers receivers are only good in there system. Hines Ward, in any other system would be a #2 receiver, Santonio Holmes, #2 or 3 at best! Rashard Menedenhal is good, but not as good as Marion Barber and Felix Jones! STOP BEING A HOMER! And then ill only have to mention that your tight end is JASON WITTEN! Miles Austin is every bit as good and quite similar to Hines. Plus you also have Roy Williams, like him or not he is incredibly talented and should be there #1 but Romo cant get him the ball! And lets not forget the whole TO experiment....
    Last edited by coloradoyankee; 02-14-2010 at 03:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCB/LAL View Post
    Romo has the Stats but Big Ben has the Rings.

If Romo can lead the Boys to a Superbowl victory this wont be a question anymore Romo will be the better of the two but right now Big Ben has the Rings. So IDK.
    I agree with this. Ben has the rings, but Romo puts up better numbers year in and year out. If Romo gets one, people will have to face the fact that he is a very good, if not great QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradoyankee View Post
    Im the guy he is referring too.... and if i were too choose a QB between the two of these i would no doubt take Ben. Only ELITE QBs are able to lead drives that Ben did against the Cardinals. Like i said before, One superbowl is a coincidence, two is not! look at the Cowboys offensive weapons and look at the Steelers, who would you take? And note that the steelers receivers are only good in there system. Hines Ward, in any other system would be a #2 receiver, Santonio Holmes, #2 or 3 at best! Rashard Menedenhal is good, but not as good as Marion Barber and Felix Jones! STOP BEING A HOMER! And then ill only have to mention that your tight end is JASON WITTEN! Miles Austin is every bit as good and quite similar to Hines. Plus you also have Roy Williams, like him or not he is incredibly talented and should be there #1 but Romo cant get him the ball! And lets not forget the whole TO experiment....
    Roy Williams inability to do anyhting in Dallas is not due to Romo not getting him the ball. . . How on earth do you figure that is the problem?

The problem is he rarely beats single covergae and he drops a retarded amount of balls. . .

vCash
    3 years in the league and he is a great QB? And 1 playoff win and we are crowning him great? Now im not dumb, Romo is a good QB, and has lots of Potential, but everyone is basing these arguments on what Romo could POSSIBLY do! Lets see some consistancy and a few more years before we crown him GREAT!

THERE IS MORE TO FOOTBALL (AND ALL SPORTS) THEN STATS!
    Last edited by coloradoyankee; 02-14-2010 at 03:47 PM.

vCash
    3 years in the league and he is a great QB? And 1 playoff win and we are crowning him great? Now im not dumb, Romo is a good QB, and has lots of Potential, but everyone is basing these arguments on what Romo could POSSIBLY do! Lets see some consistancy and a few more years before we crown him GREAT!
    what you talking about Big bens been there like a year and a half longer as a starter. . . Look at Romos stats its not his potential its how hes played every season since being a starter.

vCash
    Personally right now I would take Ben over Romo.

Berger knows how to win in clutch situations and is a great QB. He has mobility, stats and can stand tall in the pocket and be completly unfazed by a rush. Its one of the biggest reasons I love Big Ben. The guy is willing to hold onto the ball for the extra 2-3 seconds just to get off a pass. It brings his line a lot of critisim but he often admits that it is his fault for the QB hits and the sacks. I guess the number of hits he takes can be regarded as a negative but the guy is a friggen beast. The guy also has a monster arm and is pretty accurate.

Now Romo is a fantastic quarterback as well, but the Superbowl victories and moments where Ben has pushed has team into the driver seat in a clutch moment puts him ahead for me. This man wins the big games and against Romo, he still has a below average Decemeber record and he does still only have 1 post season win.

I prefer Berger to Romo but not by much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
    what you talking about big bens been there like a year and a half longer as a starter. . . Look at romos stats its not his potential its how hes played every season since being a starter.
    2 superbowls in 5 years! Enough said!

vCash
    2 superbowls in 5 years! Enough said!
    In all fairness, 9/21 123 yards 0TDs 2INTs with a 22.6 QB rating doesn't really help his cause. He got that first ring, but i wouldn't necessarily say it had much to do with him. I'm not saying Ben isn't really good because i do think he is, but he played one of the worst games for a QB i've ever seen in the Superbowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    In all fairness, 9/21 123 yards 0TDs 2INTs with a 22.6 QB rating doesn't really help his cause. He got that first ring, but i wouldn't necessarily say it had much to do with him. I'm not saying Ben isn't really good because i do think he is, but he played one of the worst games for a QB i've ever seen in the Superbowl.
    Fair enough! but he was the QB in the game, and they did win the game. But ya that is a pretty bad day!

vCash
    Fair enough! but he was the QB in the game, and they did win the game. But ya that is a pretty bad day!
    Not even Dilfer was able to top that. J/K

I voted Romo cause id take Romo over Ben that maybe just my homerness talking Romo had a Good year last year and seems to every year. Plus the Cowboys seem to depend more on scoring where as the Steelers depend more on Defense.

However this last year they did depend more on Big Ben and he had a GREAT year but they missed the playoffs. Big Ben was put in the same situation Romo has been in his entire career and Ben didn't manage to make the playoffs so I find that interesting.

vCash
    Absolutely he won, and they deserved it. This is why i don't like defining a QB by the number of rings they have. Not taking anything away from Ben, because i do think he deserves top 5 consideration. I wouldn't put him in the top 5 myself, but i can understand why other people might. The man has 2 rings, so obviously he's doing something right. Actually, i think Romo and Ben are very similar QBs. I think Romo is a better passer, but i think Ben is a better leader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    This is true, but go back and look at his stats in the first three playoff games in '05. They wouldn't have been playing in the Super Bowl at all if it wasn't for Ben. And that doesn't even include his tackle of Nick Harper off the Bettis fumble.

Romo has passed to Terrell Owens, who is undeniably one of the more talented receivers in history. He's passed to Jason Witten, who has been among the best tight ends in the league for years. Miles Austin has broken out this season, and he is known for his ability to gain yards after the catch. He has a three headed rushing attack behind him in Marion Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice.

Ebbs mentioned that he found it interesting that Roethlisberger's two wide receivers were Super Bowl MVPs, but he was not. This is one of the reasons why I respect the Steelers more than any other team. 2001, Ty Law deserved the MVP more than Tom Brady. 2006, Dominic Rhodes deserved the MVP more than Peyton Manning. 2007, Justin Tuck deserved the MVP more than Eli Manning. Teams tend to just toss the Super Bowl MVP to the winning starting quarterback. Not the Steelers. XL was obvious, but Roethlisberger made a strong case for XLIII MVP. He didn't win it, it was given to someone more deserving. More than we can say about some of the previous games.

Roethlisberger has been voted to two Pro Bowls, same as Romo. He sat out of this one due to injury.

He passed for over 500 yards and didn't turn the ball over against the then #1 defense in the league, which led the league in takeaways last season. He produced the 9th ranked passing attack while dealing with the 19th ranked rushing attack. So much for him only doing well when he has a running game, you can throw that attempted argument out.

The bottom line is: This wouldn't even be a legitimate comparison if Romo hadn't won a playoff game. One playoff game doesn't elevate a QB to elite. His record is still 1-3. Roethlisberger's is 8-2. His first 4 playoff games, as many as Romo has played in his career, Roethlisberger was 3-1. One game doesn't make a player elite, contrary to what Cowboys fans apparently believe with Romo's one playoff win. Roethlisberger has done more with less offensive talent, and he proved he can still do work with minimal defensive talent. He is hands down better than Romo.

vCash
    at this thread.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast