Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Also just keep in mind with leddy, he wasn't a first round pick. I mean yes he was taken in the first but he was a projected 2nd to early 3rd. Also with marco scandella and tyler cuma we had to trade a D prospect and even so we got a guy who is 23 and has already put up 40 points in a season as a defensemen.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter97 View Post
    Also just keep in mind with leddy, he wasn't a first round pick. I mean yes he was taken in the first but he was a projected 2nd to early 3rd. Also with marco scandella and tyler cuma we had to trade a D prospect and even so we got a guy who is 23 and has already put up 40 points in a season as a defensemen.
    Leddy sure wasn't playing like a 1st, either. Plus Barker was a first round pick in his own right, and a higher one at that. I believe he was drafted 3rd overall.

vCash
    yeah, Barker was drafted 3rd overall in 2004...I have mixed feelings about the trade, I will know more when I actually see Barker play, but I think we just depleted our already weak prospect pool

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    yeah, Barker was drafted 3rd overall in 2004...I have mixed feelings about the trade, I will know more when I actually see Barker play, but I think we just depleted our already weak prospect pool
    If the trade was for 1 or 2 years of a 35 year old veteran I would understand your concern. However, Barker is only 23 in his own right, and has a long career ahead of him. Essentially it's as if 1 of our prospects came up and is ready to contribute right now, as opposed to having to wait a couple years for Leddy. We really didn't lose anything in this trade (given Leddy's production does not exceed that of Barker's), we merely sped up the developmental process.

We really won't know for a few years if this was a good trade or not.

vCash
    Yes our prospect pool at forward is weak however at D we are very strong. Both Tyler Cuma and Marco Scandella are better prospects than nick leddy. We had to trade one of the three and leddy is the worst.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    looking at the box score, I see that they played Cam 6:30 minutes in the first period...throwing him in the mix right away, who are they pairing him with?

vCash
    looking at the box score, I see that they played Cam 6:30 minutes in the first period...throwing him in the mix right away, who are they pairing him with?
    Brent Burns mostly.

vCash
    the boxscore on nhl.com has changed a couple times tonight, but at 1 AM, i expect it to be accurate, so Cam had a goal for us tonight...great start, hopefully that instills some confidence in the youngster...if this trade turns out right, it could be latendresse part 2.

vCash
    the boxscore on nhl.com has changed a couple times tonight, but at 1 AM, i expect it to be accurate, so Cam had a goal for us tonight...great start, hopefully that instills some confidence in the youngster...if this trade turns out right, it could be latendresse part 2.
    The guy is a sniper on the blue line. He's bigger than I thought he was too. More than a few times he was driving forwards off the puck.
    Last edited by Wisdom Listens; 02-15-2010 at 09:40 PM.

vCash
    Yeah he played good and logged a quiet 20 min which is always good for a defencemen. It would be nice to see him play more aggressive although being his first game you can understand his hesitancy.

vCash
    Sooooooooooo......... This trade sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    Sooooooooooo......... This trade sucked.
    Yup......... Yeah it did

vCash
    But Cam was drafted #3 overall

vCash
    The last thing I wanted to read when I finally came back to this forum was this.....awful sauce

vCash
    whoops

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12