Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The 10 Best States to Find a College Football Coach

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...l-coach#page/1

My hometown producing Urban Meyer & Jim Harbaugh.

vCash
    I knew ohio would be #1 before I even opened this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    I knew ohio would be #1 before I even opened this thread.
    And because I posted it

vCash
    I wouldn't have thought New York would be on the list for some reason but the rest weren't that surprising.

vCash
    I thought New York would be on this list, but I didn't think it would be 4th. The reason New York produces coaches is because its population is very kinetic. A whole generation of people grew up in Brooklyn and no longer live there (like Joe Paterno, or, my dad) and New York can offer them easy connections into so many industries and travel anywhere fairly easily. Someone growing up in North of Nowhere, Iowa, probably won't have the same opportunities. New Yorkers have very entrepreneurial attitudes. All of this combined with the fact that the sports leagues and media are huge in NYC and offer a lot of employment, even if it isn't obvious that we are the most rabid sports fans in the country.

vCash
    I did not know Spurrier was from Miami Beach. Pretty cool.
    DUKE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I wouldn't have thought New York would be on the list for some reason but the rest weren't that surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by TunTavern View Post
    I thought New York would be on this list, but I didn't think it would be 4th. The reason New York produces coaches is because its population is very kinetic. A whole generation of people grew up in Brooklyn and no longer live there (like Joe Paterno, or, my dad) and New York can offer them easy connections into so many industries and travel anywhere fairly easily. Someone growing up in North of Nowhere, Iowa, probably won't have the same opportunities. New Yorkers have very entrepreneurial attitudes. All of this combined with the fact that the sports leagues and media are huge in NYC and offer a lot of employment, even if it isn't obvious that we are the most rabid sports fans in the country.
    It's about population for the most part. More people equals more chances to produce successful people... For example Ohio produced 4 times as many coaches as Arkansas well guess what they have 4 times as many people. West Virginia and Arkansas being on the list is impressive considering they are in the bottom 1/3 or 1/4 of the country in terms of population.

Ohio (#7 in population)
    California (#1 in population)
    Texas (#2 in population)
    New York (#3 in population)
    Florida (#4 in population)
    West Virginia
    Pennsylvania (#6 in population)
    New Jersey (#11 in population)
    North Carolina (#10 in population)
    Arkansas

vCash
    I understand the population thing with New York. It just doesn't seem like that many great football players come out of NY. New Jersey didn't surprise me because I always hear about great recruits coming out of that state. And I always assume good players eventually (for the most part) translate into good coaches.