Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,920
    vCash
    1500

    The 10 Best States to Find a College Football Coach

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...l-coach#page/1

    My hometown producing Urban Meyer & Jim Harbaugh.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Salem, Virginia
    Posts
    26,694
    vCash
    1500
    I knew ohio would be #1 before I even opened this thread.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,920
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    I knew ohio would be #1 before I even opened this thread.
    And because I posted it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,170
    vCash
    1470
    I wouldn't have thought New York would be on the list for some reason but the rest weren't that surprising.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Ohio State University
    Posts
    1,198
    vCash
    1500
    I thought New York would be on this list, but I didn't think it would be 4th. The reason New York produces coaches is because its population is very kinetic. A whole generation of people grew up in Brooklyn and no longer live there (like Joe Paterno, or, my dad) and New York can offer them easy connections into so many industries and travel anywhere fairly easily. Someone growing up in North of Nowhere, Iowa, probably won't have the same opportunities. New Yorkers have very entrepreneurial attitudes. All of this combined with the fact that the sports leagues and media are huge in NYC and offer a lot of employment, even if it isn't obvious that we are the most rabid sports fans in the country.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    WADE COUNTY.
    Posts
    19,471
    vCash
    1500
    I did not know Spurrier was from Miami Beach. Pretty cool.
    DUKE.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,493
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I wouldn't have thought New York would be on the list for some reason but the rest weren't that surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by TunTavern View Post
    I thought New York would be on this list, but I didn't think it would be 4th. The reason New York produces coaches is because its population is very kinetic. A whole generation of people grew up in Brooklyn and no longer live there (like Joe Paterno, or, my dad) and New York can offer them easy connections into so many industries and travel anywhere fairly easily. Someone growing up in North of Nowhere, Iowa, probably won't have the same opportunities. New Yorkers have very entrepreneurial attitudes. All of this combined with the fact that the sports leagues and media are huge in NYC and offer a lot of employment, even if it isn't obvious that we are the most rabid sports fans in the country.
    It's about population for the most part. More people equals more chances to produce successful people... For example Ohio produced 4 times as many coaches as Arkansas well guess what they have 4 times as many people. West Virginia and Arkansas being on the list is impressive considering they are in the bottom 1/3 or 1/4 of the country in terms of population.


    Ohio (#7 in population)
    California (#1 in population)
    Texas (#2 in population)
    New York (#3 in population)
    Florida (#4 in population)
    West Virginia
    Pennsylvania (#6 in population)
    New Jersey (#11 in population)
    North Carolina (#10 in population)
    Arkansas

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,170
    vCash
    1470
    I understand the population thing with New York. It just doesn't seem like that many great football players come out of NY. New Jersey didn't surprise me because I always hear about great recruits coming out of that state. And I always assume good players eventually (for the most part) translate into good coaches.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •