Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2010 Auction league

It's about that time again & with the keeper lock date about a month away it is time for a new thread. Just in case anyone forgot the keeper lock date is March 3rd 2010 at 5pm EST.

After going through last years thread it looks like the consensus was an increase of $1 on each player you keep. So if you keep someone that cost $26 last year they will cost you $27 this year.

I know that ESPN FLB is doing some maintenance right now and everyone doesn't have access to their team. I would like to get some feedback as to who is coming back because I know there were some teams last year that were less than active. I have a list of willing participants to keep the league going by checking out last years thread. I will be getting in contact with everyone as soon as possible just to make sure they still want to be in the league.

League is full...

LeoGetz
    YNH
    BDawk
    poodski
    northsider
    Dfan25
    Tehjosha
    Cub_StuckinSTL
    {Ron!n}
    Milnertime
    Last edited by LeoGetz; 03-17-2010 at 01:09 AM.

vCash
    I will come back, but I have no idea what my team financials were.
    Free Doug

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    I will come back, but I have no idea what my team financials were.
    Don't worry about it. I was told that that teams will be available in about 2 weeks & we'll have until March 3rd to pick our keepers. So really everyone will still have almost 2 weeks to decide on keepers and make trades.

vCash
    I'm still in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoGetz View Post
    Keeper lock date as of now is Wednesday, March 3, 5PM ET & my goal is to have the draft in the last week in March.

You get to keep up to 5 keepers. The value of each keeper will go up $1 from the previous year. So if you paid $10 for someone last year you will pay $11 for them next year. Below is a screen shot of what the page looks like before I edit the value.

League Keepers

These are not my real keepers I just picked 5 random guys. You will see that the total keeper value is $155 (Plus the $5 add on will make it $160) meaning I'd have $100 left to spend on the rest of my team for next years draft.

Please note you don't have to keep anyone & that would just mean you will have more money to spend at the draft. Also note that anyone that doesn't have their keepers selected by the lock date (Wednesday, March 3, 5PM ET) You will have NO keepers and will start fresh for the 2010 season.
    Also, this is from the other thread. Looks like a $1 increase for keepers was the amount that was agreed upon, not $2.

vCash
    Some ideas being thrown around, lets get some feedback going on what everyone thinks.

Instead of just 5 keepers maybe keep 6 or 7.

Adding an extra bench spot to the roster settings.

Adding an extra DL spot to the roster settings.

Adding the new free agent bidding system (FAAB) to the league. No idea how that would work, but it sounds cool.

From ESPN's FLB...

Check back with us next week, when we debut the 2010 FLB
    Last edited by LeoGetz; 02-02-2010 at 12:44 AM.

vCash
    I have an Excel sheet of the draft results, which would give you salary figures for the drafted players. That's probably where most of the keepers would be coming from anyway.

But I don't have everyone's final rosters, and I don't remember what was decided about keeping players that were in-season WW pickups.

Some ideas being thrown around, lets get some feedback going on what everyone thinks.

Adding the new free agent bidding system (FAAB) to the league. No idea how that would work, but it sounds cool.
    I'm good with all of this, except the FAAB thing. I'd need to take a look at that and see what's what before making a decision on that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    I have an Excel sheet of the draft results, which would give you salary figures for the drafted players. That's probably where most of the keepers would be coming from anyway.
    Once the league is back up everyone can pick their keepers then I will adjust the salaries.

But I don't have everyone's final rosters, and I don't remember what was decided about keeping players that were in-season WW pickups.
    That makes two of us, I'm sure we'll figure something out with no problems.

I'm good with all of this, except the FAAB thing. I'd need to take a look at that and see what's what before making a decision on that.
    I'm sure once we see what the FAAB is it will make it easier to decide if we want it or not.

vCash
    Do you guys think Aardsma can keep throwing the way he did in 09 ? I am asking because he would be a very good keeper. I got him from the FA last year. If i keep him i could have a very cheap closer . What you guys think ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Do you guys think Aardsma can keep throwing the way he did in 09 ? I am asking because he would be a very good keeper. I got him from the FA last year. If i keep him i could have a very cheap closer . What you guys think ?
    Once we decide on how much in-season WW pickups will cost that'll be up to you if you want to keep him. Personally I would never keep a closer no matter how much I could keep him for. As for his 2010 line (M's pitching looks great for this year) I have seen him projected for around the same line as last year, but with higher ERA 3.40+.

vCash

From ESPN's FLB...
    I'm down with the additional keepers, doesn't matter whether it's 6 or 7, and the added bench and DL spots.

I guess we will all have to wait and see exactly what the FAAB entails before we make a decision on that.

vCash
    FAAB explanation

In FAAB leagues, each team starts with a set amount ($100 is typical), usually a virtual amount that does not involve actual cash. Every week, teams bid some or all of their FAAB dollars in a blind auction on free agents.
    I know the article is a few years old, but the idea should still be the same for ESPN. I'm just curious to see how it would work in a league that would have waivers clear every two days. Just an FYI for everyone the new "projected" launch date for 2010 FLB is the 9th of February.

vCash
    Im back, i bailed out mid season last year but im good to go this year.
    Last edited by Ron!n; 02-07-2010 at 03:17 PM.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    On the waiver wires we had decided that anyone that was picked up during the year could not be kept as a keeper.

Only people you drafted or traded for could be kept.
    Free Doug

vCash
    I'm down to join if you've got a spot open. Just PM me.

Also, I've seen a few things that say the ESPN FLB will open tomorrow. Nothing concrete, however, so don't quote me on that.
    Last edited by Milnertime; 02-09-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast