HW - Cain Velasquez
    LHW - Lyoto Machida
    MW - Vitor Belfort
    WW - Georges St-Pierre
    LW - Anthony Pettis

vCash
    No offense but if thats the deal, its flat out gross for Calgary

vCash
    This possible deal makes no sense for calgary.

vCash
    I think they are getting ready to make a push for kovalchuck.

vCash
    they have nothing to offer for Kovalchuck

vCash
    This is a ****ing stupid trade unless we do make a run for Kovalchuk. It would appear Sutts is either acquiring all the pieces for a Kovie trade, or else he's just acquiring nothing but depth, FAs at the end of the year, and a real, real, real, real, real bad player in Kotalik (and his contract). Please God, do not let this be Sutters fix for us.

vCash
    I'm reading Kotalik apparently pulled his No Trade Clause card to refuse the deal. What a ****ing beauty. Hopefully that's true.

vCash
    you should be happy..he's garbage..plus I see no reason why Atlanta would want that bum (Kotalik) in any deal concerning Kovalchuk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydays22 View Post
    they have nothing to offer for Kovalchuck
    Do you have any clue what your talking about? " They have nothing to offer for Kovalchuk " lol....thats hilarious

vCash
    Well, now that the Olli Jokinen trade is official, it's time to rip Sutter a new arshole! WHAT THE HECK IS HE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not the way Sutter runs a hockey club and we as Flames fans know that. What the hell does Higgins and Kotalik bring to the Calgary? Same with Stajan and Mayers? There is talent just sitting around in Abbotsford and yet Sutter will not call them up, he rather trade for two players that mean nothing to thios hockey club and put 5.5M on the books. All's I have to say is that Sutter BETTER land Kovalchuk if this team want to start scoring goals and MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!! What a ******** trade for Calgary.....

vCash
    I cant believe Kotalik had a NTC lol. I read that he "left" the team because he was insulted that he was dealt without being asked.

This is a horrible trade. They should have let Olli center the second line with Hagman and let his contract run out. The 5 million cap space is worth way more than Kotalik and Higgins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    I cant believe Kotalik had a NTC lol. I read that he "left" the team because he was insulted that he was dealt without being asked.

This is a horrible trade. They should have let Olli center the second line with Hagman and let his contract run out. The 5 million cap space is worth way more than Kotalik and Higgins.
    I completely agree. As a Flames fan, I'm as baffled as every other fan who doesn't follow the Flames with this trade. Unless some magical connection is found between all these players and they put it together, I just don't see us even making the playoffs, nevertheless making a run in them.

And if we don't make the playoffs, then my faith in Sutts as manager will be gone and he'll have to go. He gambled with defense this year and hoped that guys like Dawes, Moss, Sjostrom, Boyd.... etc. would pick up the slack up front, and now he just appears to be scrambling.

I'm going to keep my hopes that this leads to something bigger, but as a Flames fan all I can do is