Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Caps and the Stanley Cup

It may only be the end of January, but right now the Washington Capitals should continue to be on top of the Eastern Conference and I think end up the number 1 seed in the East. I also think they will represent the East in the Stanley Cup Finals getting by the Pittsburgh Peguins or the Ottawa Senators( playing great hockey too). What is scary to me is facing the San Jose Sharks or the Chicago Blackhawks. I hope they have enough to win the Cup once and for all. Your thoughts?

vCash
    Everybody's hope every year for all teams is the Stanley Cup. But this Caps team still has a lot of work to do. The east is tough, and so will be whoever represents the west. Hopefully a trip to the SC isn't too far down the road, but the playoffs is a whole new world and every team seeded 1-8 can knock anybody out.

vCash
    I hate these threads...feel like they jinx the Caps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz kids View Post
    I hate these threads...feel like they jinx the Caps.
    Yeah don't like them either, but unfortunately there's nothing wrong with people being curious.

vCash
    My thoughts - well in a Caps forum of course I would say we got the best Stanley Cup chance from the East. I also think that depends on how we fare in the early rounds. What i've learned from reviewing the past few years is the team with 4/5 game series in the first and second rounds last longer and do better than those that play in 6/7 game rounds. ALSO, even though Ottawa is hot at the moment, I highly doubt they make it out of the first round - they dont have anyone in goal, marginal defense or scoring depth.

The East, IMO, is basically a 4 team race (NJ, Pitt, Was, Buffalo) and any one of those 4 will represent in the Finals. Thankfully i'm not scared of any of them - maybe NJ the most 'cause their trap system and goalie but nothing that can't be disposed of in a 7 game series.

The West is a far different animal. WAS has never fared well against any of the California teams (LA, SJ, ANA) so they scare me most. Before the season, I predicted the West Conf. Finals would be between Vancouver and Calgary. Now I know they are both on the bubble and slipping (oaky free-falling in Calgary's case), but I just feel both their goalies and defense (with just enhough O) is far too good to miss out of the playoffs. Those two teams make me nervous not because of their play or record but because I feel their rosters are set-up the best for post-season success (if they make it). All that only goes to show how deep and good the West is because I didn't even mention Det, Nsh, or Chi! Thankfully we'll only play one of those teams in the Finals.

vCash
    me too.. i feel that if i even say that we will win a game i will jinx them.. but all i will say is we are doing really good.. no garuntees of getting passed anyone yet..