Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Official Varly "lower body injury" thread

According to Japersrink Varly suffered a lower body injury and is day to day.

I wonder if Neuvirth will get another start soon.

vCash
    Nothing to worry about. Should see Varly back this weekend.

vCash
    Right when Varly found his groove....

vCash
    Of course...

Semyon Varlamov's groin muscle strain could sideline him the next five games, Coach Bruce Boudreau conceded this morning.

Varlamov was hurt on the last shot of Monday's game in Tampa and has been placed on injured reserve. Technically, he could play Tuesday in Colorado, but Boudreau made it sound like he's going to be out longer.

"He probably won't skate until Monday, so probably [his return won't happen] until the end of the Vancouver trip or when we get home against Buffalo [on Dec. 23]. That's my guess right now," Boudreau said.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cap....html#comments

vCash
    Is it just me or do you feel worried every time Theodore starts. I know he had a real good game last week and looked of his old self, but he is a risk in net. When he starts, I feel we're giving the other team a one-goal advantage before the game even begins. Not having Varly is gonna hurt this team. Fortunately, Knuble is supposed to be back tonight and if we can score 4-plus goals a game, Theodore only has to be mediocre at net. Losing Varly when he was truly starting to heat up hurts the defense a great deal as he is proving to be a top goalie in the league (think all of his individual stats are 7th or better).

vCash
    Is it me or is Varly becoming injury-prone? He's had the same type of strain a few times before.

vCash
    Theo is a vet so I have confidence in him, but I fear the 5 goal game where he just plays horribly. He seems to give up some soft goals and that can hit him fast sometimes. But when he's playing well like he is now, I'm pretty confident.

Varly does seem to have injury issues, and it always seems to be some sort of sprain or slight pull that at first is thought to keep him out a game or two. Hopefully this is just his body still adjusting to the grind that is the NHL.

vCash
    Every time I see him make on of those glove saves where he goes down into a spilt, I cringe.

vCash
    Of course...

The Capitals got more discouraging news regarding goalie Semyon Varlamov, who has been out since Dec. 7 with a groin injury. In a conditioning stint Sunday for Hershey, Varlamov suffered what the Capitals are calling a lower-body injury and will be out perhaps another two weeks.

"Varly, Varly, Varly," Bourdreau said when asked for an update on the status of his top goalie this season. "Tweaked an old injury last night, so he's been put back a little bit. We were hoping that after his Hershey game he'd be able to come back in here and play. That's not the case, so he's at least a week away."

Varlamov stopped 28 of 29 shots in the Bears' 4-1 victory over the Adirondack Phantoms and played the entire game but afterward need extensive treatment.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...010402286.html

vCash
    Oh man let's hope he isn't the next Rick Dipietro.

vCash
    This isn't good news at all. Varly is the goalie of the future for the Caps. Every time I see him warm up, I am amazed at how flexible this kid is but it does seem like this is becoming an issue.

All we can do is hope he gets healthy ASAP. Mean while, the Caps have some big home games coming up. Wonder how Bruce is going to handle the net situation....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chatcole View Post
    This isn't good news at all. Varly is the goalie of the future for the Caps. Every time I see him warm up, I am amazed at how flexible this kid is but it does seem like this is becoming an issue.

All we can do is hope he gets healthy ASAP. Mean while, the Caps have some big home games coming up. Wonder how Bruce is going to handle the net situation....

Good thing we also have Neuvy and Brian Holtby who are also considered "goalies of the future." In fact, if you remember, Neuvy was called up before Varly last year in the fall/winter and then in the spring, Neuvy was hurt so they called up Varly. ... As much as I prefer Varly being healthy and the #1, I like the prospects in the wings as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigity b View Post
    Good thing we also have Neuvy and Brian Holtby who are also considered "goalies of the future." In fact, if you remember, Neuvy was called up before Varly last year in the fall/winter and then in the spring, Neuvy was hurt so they called up Varly. ... As much as I prefer Varly being healthy and the #1, I like the prospects in the wings as well.
    Yeah...you're right, that had slipped my mind....

vCash
    ^^^ and/but to your point, I think we all would feel far more comfortable seeing Varly in net this year as opposed to the other two prospects and/or Theo.

vCash
    The goalie depth throughout the organization now is very exciting. As much as it sucks to see Varly get hurt again, this injury provides more playing time for others. Holtby is playing outstanding at Hershey since being called up from SC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast