Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Peyton is probably the greatest qb in NFL history for the simple fact that he is smarter than the other qbs. Is there another qb who could lead his team without a huddle for so much of his career in todays game. Also if Peyton wins this Superbowl it will be one without a defense and very young receiving core that he brought along beautifully throughout the season. If Peyton isn't the best qb ever (yet) than he is without a doubt the smartest and most efficient qb to this point of his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX20Dawkin View Post
    Peyton is probably the greatest qb in NFL history for the simple fact that he is smarter than the other qbs. Is there another qb who could lead his team without a huddle for so much of his career in todays game. Also if Peyton wins this Superbowl it will be one without a defense and very young receiving core that he brought along beautifully throughout the season. If Peyton isn't the best qb ever (yet) than he is without a doubt the smartest and most efficient qb to this point of his career.
    Without a Defense?

New York Jets Rushing Rank: 1st, 172.2 per game
    vs the Colts: 86 yards.

Baltimore Ravens Rushing Rank: 5th, 137.5
    vs the Colts: 80 yards.

They were the 4th best team in the post season against the run and they went up against 2 of the top 5, both of which tried their hearts out to get the run going.

Defensive Rankings, Regular Season.

PTS: 19.2 (8th) -- At one point was 1st overall for a few weeks.
    YDS: 339.2 (18th)
    PASS YDS: 212.7 (14th) -- At one point was 1st overall for a few weeks before being hit by injuries.
    RUSH YDS: 126.5 (24th) -- Not as bad as it appears, ask most Colts fans.

Peyton is by no means the best QB ever, he has a long way to go. And if you want to talk smart QBs, I'll direct you to Montana, Elways, Young and most certainly Marino.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Without a Defense?

They were the 4th best team in the post season against the run and they went up against 2 of the top 5, both of which tried their hearts out to get the run going.

PASS YDS: 212.7 (14th) -- At one point was 1st overall for a few weeks before being hit by injuries.

Peyton is by no means the best QB ever, he has a long way to go. And if you want to talk smart QBs, I'll direct you to Montana, Elways, Young and most certainly Marino.
    I have a feeling they overachieved mightily this year, and are still mediocre. However, lol at the fact that he brings up this year as the year Peyton didn't have a defense. On paper this defense has to be one of, if not the best, he has had.

vCash
    elway had a number of weapons, especially towards the end of his career. Also, my point of bring up Steve Young was you said Elway is the best ever because he could take off and run, well Steve Young did that better than anybody else [that was a legitimate passer].

Really...? Manning made that talent? So he made Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark? Have you even watched a Colts game? Im quite aware of how good Manning is, but do you ever stop making out with his image on the tv screen to take a look at he players around him? Since his career began, his team has surrounded him with offensive talent.
    Harrison was nothing before Peyton. Wayne started off as an above average WR. Why does he seem elite? because of Peyton. Clark, he has had the talent but never impressed me despite solid numbers his entire career. This season is impressive no doubt.

Oh... And if Manning made the talent...

... then Joe Montana made Jerry Rice, and Jerry Rice is better than Harrison, Wayne and Clark combined.

No Rice made Montana more than the other way around

So by your logic, Montana >>> Manning.

Never Elite? Are you kidding me? He was the leader of the offense even when the Colts had Manning but he started getting affected by injuries, then he blows out his knee, comeback the next season and has one of the best seasons ever. How is it unfortunate that James makes it into the Hall of Fame? He was a great player and he deserves it.
    I kid you not. He was boring to watch and was never anything special. He was a good RB, not a HOF'er

Just so you know, Marino couldn't outrun a snail, but that doesn't hamper his talent one bit because the guy was a magician in the pocket, he is the least mobile QB in the Top 10 All-Time Most Elusive QBs [I think he's actually Top 5].

If anybody who hasn't seen Marino avoid a sack and doesn't understand his elusiveness, just picture Michael Vick in his prime in open field... That's what Marino was like in the pocket.
    read bold

vCash
    Without a Defense?

how does he have a long way to go?
    what hes done consistently throughout his career is amazing, and is better than any other QB.

vCash
    The other thing Peyton has is statistics. 4 MVPs is an NFL record. He broke a few of Marino's records and has a championship so that alone puts Peyton infront of Marino.

"And if you want to talk smart QBs, I'll direct you to Montana, Elways, Young and most certainly Marino." -LegendX

Peyton has a propensity for outwitting other teams even with a rookie head coach makes him the smartest qb.

vCash
    x2

vCash
    The other thing Peyton has is statistics. 4 MVPs is an NFL record. He broke a few of Marino's records and has a championship so that alone puts Peyton infront of Marino.

"And if you want to talk smart QBs, I'll direct you to Montana, Elways, Young and most certainly Marino." -LegendX

Peyton has a propensity for outwitting other teams even with a rookie head coach makes him the smartest qb.
    Yeah, Manning has 4 MVPs...

... Montana has 3 Superbowl MVPs. you can count on Montana more than Manning. Congrats to him for breaking Marino's records... Favre broke some also, does that mean Favre is better? Oh... I get it, you want to ignore the teams that surrounded each of these guys.

Name me a Hall of Famer Marino played with for most of his career.
    Quick! Do it!

you do realise that Caldwell has been with the Colts since Dungy arrived, right? And that he was Asst HC and he was always going to the be heir of Dungy. He might be a "rookie head coach" but that by no means makes him a rookie.

so you're also saying Montana, Elway and Marino never outsmarted defenses?

vCash
    Yeah, Manning has 4 MVPs...

... Montana has 3 Superbowl MVPs. you can count on Montana more than Manning. Congrats to him for breaking Marino's records... Favre broke some also, does that mean Favre is better? Oh... I get it, you want to ignore the teams that surrounded each of these guys.

Name me a Hall of Famer Marino played with for most of his career.
    Quick! Do it!

you do realise that Caldwell has been with the Colts since Dungy arrived, right? And that he was Asst HC and he was always going to the be heir of Dungy. He might be a "rookie head coach" but that by no means makes him a rookie.

so you're also saying Montana, Elway and Marino never outsmarted defenses?
    Super Bowl MVP's <<<<<<<< Regular Season MVP's

Marino is great. I'm not debating that. No. 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    I have a feeling they overachieved mightily this year, and are still mediocre. However, lol at the fact that he brings up this year as the year Peyton didn't have a defense. On paper this defense has to be one of, if not the best, he has had.
    How did they overachieve? you just keep making excuses for Manning, don't you? And I wasn't the one that said he didn't have a defense, I said he had a very good defense this season, probably the best defense he's had his entire career.

read bold
    Wow. Really? You're going to say Harrison is nothing without Manning? That is ridiculous, please, take your lips of Manning's nob.

And Wayne? Hmm... I dunno... why is he so good? Might have something to do with the fact that he's probably the best route runner in the league and that he has the ability to make incredible cacthes, Wayne doesn't have speed, he has quickness and agility, two things that are by far better than speed.

And Rice made Montana, really? So i guess Rice played a big role in Montana's 1st Superbowl... You know, the year before Rice was drafted... and if Rice "made" Montana, please explain Montana's success with the Chiefs?

And Edgerrin was nothing special? Please, he was great in his prime, there's no question about it. But now you're saying he's not a Hall of Famer? A few posts ago, you said he was a HoF'er, just not first ballot. Why do you keep changing?

Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    how does he have a long way to go?
    what hes done consistently throughout his career is amazing, and is better than any other QB.
    He's a statistical monster and an absolute machine. But so was Marino, Elway and Montana. Manning has a very long way to go before he can be considered the best QB of All-Time, winning a superbowl will get him one step closer, but he wont be the best.

vCash
    Super Bowl MVP's <<<<<<<< Regular Season MVP's

Marino is great. I'm not debating that. No. 2.
    You Sir, are an idiot.

Manning has 4 Regular Season MVPs and 1 Superbowl MVP and only 1 Superbowl win...

... Why don't you ask him what he'd prefer?

vCash
    Without Jim Kelly you wouldn't be able to see the huddle up offense, otherwise known as the K-Gun offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Do we really need another one of these? Quick Patriots fans come in and say that Brady is better, "3 rings!!" Quick everyone else, "Rings don't matter Manning is better." How many threads does the same thing have to be said in?
    I'm a Patriot fan, but I still think Manning is the best QB I've ever seen play. His commercials are also better than any other athletes too.

vCash
    How did they overachieve? you just keep making excuses for Manning, don't you? And I wasn't the one that said he didn't have a defense, I said he had a very good defense this season, probably the best defense he's had his entire career.

Wow. Really? You're going to say Harrison is nothing without Manning? That is ridiculous, please, take your lips of Manning's nob.

And Wayne? Hmm... I dunno... why is he so good? Might have something to do with the fact that he's probably the best route runner in the league and that he has the ability to make incredible cacthes, Wayne doesn't have speed, he has quickness and agility, two things that are by far better than speed.

And Rice made Montana, really? So i guess Rice played a big role in Montana's 1st Superbowl... You know, the year before Rice was drafted... and if Rice "made" Montana, please explain Montana's success with the Chiefs?

And Edgerrin was nothing special? Please, he was great in his prime, there's no question about it. But now you're saying he's not a Hall of Famer? A few posts ago, you said he was a HoF'er, just not first ballot. Why do you keep changing?

He's a statistical monster and an absolute machine. But so was Marino, Elway and Montana. Manning has a very long way to go before he can be considered the best QB of All-Time, winning a superbowl will get him one step closer, but he wont be the best.
    manning is already in his prime.
    we've already seen what he can do over a long period of time.
    its record breaking and allworld stuff.
    he doesnt need another teamaccomplishment to prove to us that he is the best QB.

vCash
    You Sir, are an idiot.

Manning has 4 Regular Season MVPs and 1 Superbowl MVP and only 1 Superbowl win...

... Why don't you ask him what he'd prefer?
    look in the mirror bud.
    regular season MVPs are over a larger sample size, and are more of an individual accomplishment.
    to get a superbowl MVP, your team has to get to the superbowl. this is a team game, and no matter how good the QB is, he cannot get to the superbowl by himself.

IMO, a regular season MVP is a MUCH better indicator of individual talent and success than a superbowl MVP.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast