Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    Explain...

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    i agree he's number 1 also. i don't care abous superbowls, thats a team thing now a one player thing
    You don't care about Superbowls, huh?

Well I guess Dan Marino should be considered the greatest ever considering he never had 2 first ballot hall of famers (Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James) and other future Hall of Famers like Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne, possibly even Dallas Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post

Soak it in guys. We are witnessing NFL's Michael Jordan, lets appreciate him while we can. Our grandchildren are going to ask tons of questions.
    Uhh... Michael Jordan won 6 Championships and went down as arguably the greatest NBA player in history. Manning has 1 Championship with the chance at getting a 2nd. By no means should he even be compared to Michael Jordan at all, whetehr you look at impact, rings or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Hard to argue with #1. I still see Montana slightly edging him out right now, but in 2 weeks, Manning will take over.
    Actually, its quite easy to argue he's not number 1.

So you're going to rate Peyton Manning over Montana... 1 has 1 ring and 1 Superbowl MVP (which he didn't really deserve) the other has 4 rings and 3 Superbowl MVPs...

Quote Originally Posted by IluvR8derH8ters View Post

This guy's is a surgeon. Period.

It only took him about a quarter and a half to figure out the #1 D in the league.

Then he commenced to rip them to shreds.

He just makes it look too easy.

I could go for 8 catches, 125 yards with him as my QB.
    So that automatically makes him the #1 QB of All-Time? Really...?

Quote Originally Posted by ry31walsh View Post
    I think hes in the top 10 but probable in the 5-10 range. My issue with him is his post season play has been pretty poor. I heard someone say hes the Michael Jordan of football and almost pissed myself laughing. Manning is the original Tony Romo. Look at his playoff stats and tell me hes been clutch.

Everyone talks about the lack of championships but its to me its more of the fact hes played horrible in the playoffs and a guy part of his teams early exit most years.

With all that said Mannings career is still going very strong. He can very well finish as the best QB ever to play very easly. I just think if he retired today hes probable top 10 in the lower part of that realistically. Winning a championship with a great game this year would probable move him up a lot IMO.
    Perfect analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    I agree with you, but in return he is #1, when it is said and done he will be the greatest football player to have ever stepped on the field.
    Peyton Manning will never be in the discussion as greatest football player ever.

Jerry Rice and Jim Brown are the only players that should be in that discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Peyton ranks right up there among the greatest pocket passers in NFL history. I would rate John Elway above all of them because he not only had a great arm, he was also able to take off and run over some people when he had to.
    Uhh... John Elway best ever? Steve Young has better rushing yards than Elway and he has 1 less ring than Elway, by no means is Elway the best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2483 View Post
    I don't think Manning has surpassed guys like Montana and Elway.
    He has more than those two to surpass, Dan Marino would like to have a few words with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    When he retires he will be number 2.... To Joe Namath .
    Lol... Joe Namath is arguably the most overrated HoF QB ever ... but i know you're joking.

vCash

behind

Marino Montanna Brady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Explain...

Well I guess Dan Marino should be considered the greatest ever considering he never had 2 first ballot hall of famers (Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James) and other future Hall of Famers like Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne, possibly even Dallas Clark.

Uhh... Michael Jordan won 6 Championships and went down as arguably the greatest NBA player in history. Manning has 1 Championship with the chance at getting a 2nd. By no means should he even be compared to Michael Jordan at all, whetehr you look at impact, rings or anything else.

So you're going to rate Peyton Manning over Montana... 1 has 1 ring and 1 Superbowl MVP (which he didn't really deserve) the other has 4 rings and 3 Superbowl MVPs...

Perfect analysis.

Peyton Manning will never be in the discussion as greatest football player ever.

Jerry Rice and Jim Brown are the only players that should be in that discussion.

Uhh... John Elway best ever? Steve Young has better rushing yards than Elway and he has 1 less ring than Elway, by no means is Elway the best ever.

He has more than those two to surpass, Dan Marino would like to have a few words with you.

Lol... Joe Namath is arguably the most overrated HoF QB ever ... but i know you're joking.

This is perfect!

vCash
    Explain...

Perfect analysis.

You aren't implying that Steve Young was a better QB than John Elway are you? You whine about the lack of stars Dan Marino had to work with, take a close look at what Elway had to work with.

vCash
    #1. We are seeing the best QB ever, and it's not even close. His combination of intelligence, talent, and his ability to look off DB's is unprecedented. Say what you want about the talent around him....Manning made that talent. Make no mistake about it.

vCash
    You aren't implying that Steve Young was a better QB than John Elway are you? You whine about the lack of stars Dan Marino had to work with, take a close look at what Elway had to work with.
    Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, and Terrell Davis, but he was just near the end of his career.

vCash
    Explain...

Perfect analysis.

Stat wise James is a hall of famer, but first ballot by no means. I don't think he was ever an elite back, and I watched him his entire career. But unfortunately he'll get in the hall of fame.

vCash
    I would go with Peyton Manning or Joe Montana as the best ever.

vCash
    For the people saying Peyton is better than Montana, Elway, Marino and Brady, why is he better? Some people have given arguments, but others are just saying he's no. 1. I think it's hard to say he's better than guys like Montana, Elway, and Brady because they have delivered countless times and played in multiple Super Bowls. You are talking about 3 of the best clutch quarterbacks of all time. Marino is up there also, just didn't have the weapons.
    Last edited by Lakersfan2483; 01-26-2010 at 09:06 PM.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    this mother ****er couldn't get my Vols a championship then a ***** named Tee comes after him and wins one? and he couldn't beat the Gators.

then the mother ****er goes and beats my Bears in the super bowl.

**** you Peyton

Zep is offline Another Caucasian, Gary.
    vCash
    Peyton has a legitimate shot at being the #1 or #2 all time when all is said and done, but to put him over guys like Marino, Montana, and Young right now is jumping the gun.

And comparing him to Jordan is laughable. I understand the desire to do so, but the NBA != the NFL. It's apples and oranges.

Thanks to vick27m for the userbar.

A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zep View Post
    Peyton has a legitimate shot at being the #1 or #2 all time when all is said and done, but to put him over guys like Marino, Montana, and Young right now is jumping the gun.

And comparing him to Jordan is laughable. I understand the desire to do so, but the NBA != the NFL. It's apples and oranges.
    I laughed at this too. When Peyton plays defense come talk to me!

vCash
    At this point I would only put Montana and Marino above him....

Soon...

vCash
    I can't help but wonder how old all you guys are. Who else do you actually remember watching with your own eyes? Peyton is a great QB but let's not get carried away. My grandma could outrun him. He is very much a non-threat when it comes to running away from pressure, very similar to Dan Marino in this aspect. No question he is a great passer but I'm not going to rate him until his career ends.

vCash
    elway had a number of weapons, especially towards the end of his career. Also, my point of bring up Steve Young was you said Elway is the best ever because he could take off and run, well Steve Young did that better than anybody else [that was a legitimate passer].

Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    #1. We are seeing the best QB ever, and it's not even close. His combination of intelligence, talent, and his ability to look off DB's is unprecedented. Say what you want about the talent around him....Manning made that talent. Make no mistake about it.
    Really...? Manning made that talent? So he made Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark? Have you even watched a Colts game? Im quite aware of how good Manning is, but do you ever stop making out with his image on the tv screen to take a look at he players around him? Since his career began, his team has surrounded him with offensive talent.

Oh... And if Manning made the talent...

... then Joe Montana made Jerry Rice, and Jerry Rice is better than Harrison, Wayne and Clark combined.

So by your logic, Montana >>> Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    Stat wise James is a hall of famer, but first ballot by no means. I don't think he was ever an elite back, and I watched him his entire career. But unfortunately he'll get in the hall of fame.
    Never Elite? Are you kidding me? He was the leader of the offense even when the Colts had Manning but he started getting affected by injuries, then he blows out his knee, comeback the next season and has one of the best seasons ever. How is it unfortunate that James makes it into the Hall of Fame? He was a great player and he deserves it.

I can't help but wonder how old all you guys are. Who else do you actually remember watching with your own eyes? Peyton is a great QB but let's not get carried away. My grandma could outrun him. He is very much a non-threat when it comes to running away from pressure, very similar to Dan Marino in this aspect. No question he is a great passer but I'm not going to rate him until his career ends.
    Just so you know, Marino couldn't outrun a snail, but that doesn't hamper his talent one bit because the guy was a magician in the pocket, he is the least mobile QB in the Top 10 All-Time Most Elusive QBs [I think he's actually Top 5].

If anybody who hasn't seen Marino avoid a sack and doesn't understand his elusiveness, just picture Michael Vick in his prime in open field... That's what Marino was like in the pocket.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast