Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 85
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,298
    vCash
    1500
    Peyton Manning is going to go down as the best quarterback ever . No doubt in my mind. The way he controls the game. Its like he can just turn on and off whenever he wants. In the first quarter and a half of the jets game he was somewhat quiet. Then when his team was down 17-6 he ran a 2 minute drill and went right down the field to cut it to 17-13 before the half. From then on Peyton made the best defense in the NFL who had shut everybody down look like a practice squad by torching them for long drives for touchdowns and ended up winning 30-17. And that was an AFC championship game to take them to the super bowl. Not that i didnt think he was the best ever before it but that game definitely shows why he is the greatest. Marino is up there with him but Manning has surpassed his stats. There are many quarterbacks who are close but if i had to choose id go with Peyton Manning and his consistency. 10 4,000 yard seasons, 3 4,500 yard seasons, 5 30 touchdown seasons, and his 1 49 touchdown season. Add the possible 2 superbowls to that. Wow.
    GOTTA BELIEVE!

    ELI MANNING IS ELITE !

    Ruben Tejada = The Machine!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    7,375
    vCash
    1500
    I cant vote Peyton in the top-3. Not after he ruined defensive football. This season we had 10, 4,000yd passers, most all time. He is such a baby that he complained and now the 5-yd contact rule ruined the NFL. Since his receivers can't be touched or they will ruin the timing of his offense, sheesh

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-S View Post
    I cant vote Peyton in the top-3. Not after he ruined defensive football. This season we had 10, 4,000yd passers, most all time. He is such a baby that he complained and now the 5-yd contact rule ruined the NFL. Since his receivers can't be touched or they will ruin the timing of his offense, sheesh
    Sounds like a sour fan after being torched 2 weeks ago by Manning's pass game. Stop your whining. The rule affects every team in the league. Get over it. Peyton had thrown for 6 or 7, 4000 yard seasons before it came a rule. The rule itself has had zero affect on how talented Manning is.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,237
    vCash
    1500
    I just don't see how Manning can be better than players like Montana and Marino, two QBs that would absolutely destroy the NFL with the rules it has today.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    I just don't see how Manning can be better than players like Montana and Marino, two QBs that would absolutely destroy the NFL with the rules it has today.
    And by that logic, Bart Starr is the best ever. You can't discredit a QB because of the evolution of the game. That's stupid. Emmitt Smith isn't one of the best RB ever because Jim Brown didn't have the offensive advantages Smith did. How does that make any sense?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    And by that logic, Bart Starr is the best ever. You can't discredit a QB because of the evolution of the game. That's stupid. Emmitt Smith isn't one of the best RB ever because Jim Brown didn't have the offensive advantages Smith did. How does that make any sense?
    I think you're taking it out of context.

    Montana and Marino are already better than Manning, I was simply stating that if they had the rules Manning had, they'd destroy everybody simply because they played in an era where those rules didn't exist, had the rules been brought in when they were playing, they'd have an even easier job to do.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    I think you're taking it out of context.

    Montana and Marino are already better than Manning, I was simply stating that if they had the rules Manning had, they'd destroy everybody simply because they played in an era where those rules didn't exist, had the rules been brought in when they were playing, they'd have an even easier job to do.
    And you're missing what I'm saying. You can't use shoulda, woulda, coulda logic when all three QBs played in different eras. Manning's stats already trump Montana and are well on pace to shatter Marino's. He already has more rings than Marino, and more MVP's than both of them combined.

    Again, if you want to change the rules then why are Marino and Montana the best and not Starr? He was a far superior QB and has more championships than Marino. He revolutionalized the game. You can't use contradictory arguments to justify an opinion. But I'll leave it at that because this is a worthless argument and I'm not going to waste my time. I've posted my arguments thousands of times.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,119
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    I just don't see how Manning can be better than players like Montana and Marino, two QBs that would absolutely destroy the NFL with the rules it has today.
    Montana didn't really 'destroy' the NFL back then. That wasn't the way the 49ers won. I don't think rule changes would have changed Bill Walsh's style. Montana was an all-pro regular season QB who was an extremely efficient passer for some loaded offensive teams. When Steve Young stepped in, he put up more impressive regular season numbers than Montana. Joe Montana made his legacy in the postseason. People consider Montana one of the greatest QBs ever because of his big postseason moments and his 4 rings, and rightfully so. But, I don't think playing in the 2000s would have automatically led to him putting up Manning-level stats. He was a different player in a different system.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,166
    vCash
    1500

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    And you're missing what I'm saying. You can't use shoulda, woulda, coulda logic when all three QBs played in different eras. Manning's stats already trump Montana and are well on pace to shatter Marino's. He already has more rings than Marino, and more MVP's than both of them combined.

    Again, if you want to change the rules then why are Marino and Montana the best and not Starr? He was a far superior QB and has more championships than Marino. He revolutionalized the game. You can't use contradictory arguments to justify an opinion. But I'll leave it at that because this is a worthless argument and I'm not going to waste my time. I've posted my arguments thousands of times.

    Wow maybe just a tad full of yourself there bud!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
    Wow maybe just a tad full of yourself there bud!
    Or maybe I've posted my arguments for Manning being the best ever a thousand times in the Manning vs. Brady threads. Try doing a search if you want my opinion, and keep the smartass comments to yourself.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,797
    vCash
    1500
    Peyton is absolutley the best QB of all time. The competition he is playing against it MUCH better than anything montana or marino saw. Marino never won a thing that mattered , some people say its beacuse he never had a team but this is also true with peyton. He has never had the best team but he always makes due with what he has. Hands down peyton is the best to ever do it.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    Or maybe I've posted my arguments for Manning being the best ever a thousand times in the Manning vs. Brady threads. Try doing a search if you want my opinion, and keep the smartass comments to yourself.
    K first off if you just posted your opinion why would I search it up again?
    And second just because you posted your opinion 1000x does not make it true. . .

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
    K first off if you just posted your opinion why would I search it up again?
    And second just because you posted your opinion 1000x does not make it true. . .
    Then don't look it up, I don't care. I said that because I'm not going to do a 3 page rebuttal for the next week when I've already stated my opinion. No matter what I do say, people like you are going to get butt hurt and whine and complain. I never once said my opinion was fact. You said it, not me. And in the process baited. So why don't you get off my ***.
    Last edited by cardinals1226; 02-03-2010 at 12:05 PM.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    11,609
    vCash
    1500
    I rank Peyton Manning #1 in my book

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,688
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    And you're missing what I'm saying. You can't use shoulda, woulda, coulda logic when all three QBs played in different eras. Manning's stats already trump Montana and are well on pace to shatter Marino's. He already has more rings than Marino, and more MVP's than both of them combined.

    Again, if you want to change the rules then why are Marino and Montana the best and not Starr? He was a far superior QB and has more championships than Marino. He revolutionalized the game. You can't use contradictory arguments to justify an opinion. But I'll leave it at that because this is a worthless argument and I'm not going to waste my time. I've posted my arguments thousands of times.
    Montana and Marino were drafted four years apart from each other. They're the same era.

    And what Legendx is saying is that if these great quarterbacks were putting up good stats when it wasn't illegal for the defenders to tickle them or their receivers, imagine what they could do with the rules today. If Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger could break 4,000 yards, imagine what Montana, Marino and Starr could do.

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    Peyton is absolutley the best QB of all time. The competition he is playing against it MUCH better than anything montana or marino saw. Marino never won a thing that mattered , some people say its beacuse he never had a team but this is also true with peyton. He has never had the best team but he always makes due with what he has. Hands down peyton is the best to ever do it.
    12 of their past 15 first overall draft picks have been for offense. So much for Manning not having a team. And what makes you say that competition today is better than Marino's or Montana's competition? Post=fail.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •