Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Where do you all rank Peyton Mannning in comparison to the all time great QB's?

Where do you all rank Peyton Manning in terms of all time great quarterbacks? Is he better than guys like Elway, Montana, Marino, Unitas, and Brady?

Side note: I heard some of the Espn analysts like Tom Jackson saying that Manning is the best he has ever seen and so I would like to hear some of your opinions? Agree or disagree? Discuss.....
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash

vCash
    i agree he's number 1 also. i don't care abous superbowls, thats a team thing now a one player thing
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash

Soak it in guys. We are witnessing NFL's Michael Jordan, lets appreciate him while we can. Our grandchildren are going to ask tons of questions.

vCash
    Hard to argue with #1. I still see Montana slightly edging him out right now, but in 2 weeks, Manning will take over.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    when all is said and done, he'll be number one
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post

Soak it in guys. We are witnessing NFL's Michael Jordan, lets appreciate him while we can. Our grandchildren are going to ask tons of questions.
    coming from a colts fan makes me want to disagree with you but i cant.

vCash

This guy's is a surgeon. Period.

It only took him about a quarter and a half to figure out the #1 D in the league.

Then he commenced to rip them to shreds.

He just makes it look too easy.

I could go for 8 catches, 125 yards with him as my QB.

Yea, Im a Raider Fan...Who da F*#K are U?

vCash
    I think hes in the top 10 but probable in the 5-10 range. My issue with him is his post season play has been pretty poor. I heard someone say hes the Michael Jordan of football and almost pissed myself laughing. Manning is the original Tony Romo. Look at his playoff stats and tell me hes been clutch.

Everyone talks about the lack of championships but its to me its more of the fact hes played horrible in the playoffs and a guy part of his teams early exit most years.

With all that said Mannings career is still going very strong. He can very well finish as the best QB ever to play very easly. I just think if he retired today hes probable top 10 in the lower part of that realistically. Winning a championship with a great game this year would probable move him up a lot IMO.

vCash
    Do we really need another one of these? Quick Patriots fans come in and say that Brady is better, "3 rings!!" Quick everyone else, "Rings don't matter Manning is better." How many threads does the same thing have to be said in?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Do we really need another one of these? Quick Patriots fans come in and say that Brady is better, "3 rings!!" Quick everyone else, "Rings don't matter Manning is better." How many threads does the same thing have to be said in?
    I agree with you, but in return he is #1, when it is said and done he will be the greatest football player to have ever stepped on the field.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post

2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2483 View Post
    Where do you all rank Peyton Manning in terms of all time great quarterbacks? Is he better than guys like Elway, Montana, Marino, Unitas, and Brady?

Side note: I heard some of the Espn analysts like Tom Jackson saying that Manning is the best he has ever seen and so I would like to hear some of your opinions? Agree or disagree? Discuss.....
    Peyton ranks right up there among the greatest pocket passers in NFL history. I would rate John Elway above all of them because he not only had a great arm, he was also able to take off and run over some people when he had to.

vCash
    I don't think Manning has surpassed guys like Montana and Elway.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    When he retires he will be number 2.... To Joe Namath .

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast