Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Scrap the Pro Bowl.

This exhibition is getting worse and worse. Its not even worth watching at all. The players don't want to go and the fans don't watch. What is the point of this again?

I have an alternative.

An extensive Skills competition. Similar to those on Madden 10 and NFL combine. There used to be something like this a while back.

1. Fastest Man
    2. Strongest Man
    3. QB Distance Throw
    4. QB Accuracy Throw
    5. Obstacle Course involving football activities (running, catching, tires on the ground, that whole deal)
    6. WR machine catch competition.
    7. DB Challenge
    8. Kicking Competition
    9. RB challenge (see Madden 10)
    10. Punter coffin corner kick

I think this would be a lot better. Players might actually want to do this for if nothing else, bragging rights.
    Thank you Saints. i can watch TV again.

Welcome Nate Robinson to the Boston Celtics! I am one of the few who support this deal.

Please Patriots, no more CBA talks. I and the fans dont care. We want to win. Get this roster where it needs to be. NO excuses.

We couldnt sign a big hitter, so the Red Sox are all about De-Fense. Hope it works!

Boston Sports for Life.

I think this would be good to watch...just have a bunch of stars out there!
    Here we come

Sounds good

I like your idea, but think that the skills challenge should go on during the Pro Bowl Week. I think we should keep the Pro Bowl because fans still watch it and the NFL still makes money off of it. They have a watered down skills challenge already but they should make it more of a competitive event. One way of doing so is letting all the players that want to compete, compete. Instead of just selecting a small group of Pro Bowlers at their position.

And their is no way in hell you could get line backers and running backs to agree to do a Madden style RB challenge. They want their bodies to last as long as they can, not end careers.

didn't they use to have like a weight lifting competition?

Heres a better idea , Scrap both .

needs to happen

don't watch the pro bowl so any alternative is fine
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Haha you're just scared that the Asomugha/Revis combo will shut down the whole game :P

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

246 Miles (one way) to Oakland Alameda Coliseum
    Basketball does the dunk contest and Baseball does the home run derby for fan excitement.

What can football do?

Originally Posted by
    GoatMilk

no it is, you're 100% correct

personally, I can't stand it. thats why i hate the raiders.
    their cholo fans are annoying and stupid as hell

i luv skills comp

Quote Originally Posted by BTownTeamsRKing View Post
    This exhibition is getting worse and worse. Its not even worth watching at all. The players don't want to go and the fans don't watch. What is the point of this again?

I have an alternative.

An extensive Skills competition. Similar to those on Madden 10 and NFL combine. There used to be something like this a while back.

1. Fastest Man
    2. Strongest Man
    3. QB Distance Throw
    4. QB Accuracy Throw
    5. Obstacle Course involving football activities (running, catching, tires on the ground, that whole deal)
    6. WR machine catch competition.
    7. DB Challenge
    8. Kicking Competition
    9. RB challenge (see Madden 10)
    10. Punter coffin corner kick

I think this would be a lot better. Players might actually want to do this for if nothing else, bragging rights.
    You should have stopped at scrap the pro bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire&Ice2&33 View Post
    I think this would be good to watch...just have a bunch of stars out there!
    it would be nice if it was for charity also and they moved it after the superbowl or something

Then all the big name people would be there

I def agree, but to a degree the "Pro Bowl" is good for the younger players. Its gives them something to earn. The older guys may be "too good" for it sometimes, but it also gives the stars and captains chances to play side by side with others. It is really cool watching Ray Lewis and Peyton Maninning on the same team. Those pregame speeches must be classic.

I like the idea for a skills comp.The pro bowl is pointless.It seems like players want the invite but don't wanna partake in the actual game.Its all about the partying for these guys.
    FROM ORACLE ARENA TO OLDSCHOOL CANDLESTICK PARK

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast