Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Great Defense vs Great Offense

What wins more championships a Great defense or a Great offense?Personally I think Defense besides 1 year I can recall the 1999 rams, defense most of the time wins. If you were to build a team though what would you rather have and why.

I would take the great defense. Im a defensive minded guy so I love when I see good defensive play. I think also with a great defense comes game changing plays. Great defense's find a way to force alot of turnovers and they do it at the right time in the game. They also turn there turnovers into tds. Plus you add in a fierce set of linebackers and D-lineman and keep putting the pressure on the qb making him uncomforable and sacking him this is all bound to happen. I think in the end if they had an average offense that could manage any were from 10-20pts a game. could win with this defense. A perfect example of this would be the 2000 ravens or 2002 bucs.

The name is Johnny... Johnny CupCakes

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Colts offense beat the Bears defense a few years ago in the super bowl.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    Colts offense beat the Bears defense a few years ago in the super bowl.
    Very true my man. But I think its the offense that wins most the time. A better saying then Defense wins championships is Defense gets you to championships. Honestly if the Jets had a better QB then Sanchez I might give them a shot. No offence to him but he is a rookie. Also as good as Revis has been he is one guy. And he is going up against the best game manager there is, oh and he's also arguably the best QB as well.

vCash
    In baseball, great pitching beats great hitting. So I'll take great defense.
    METS
    RANGERS
    JETS
    KNICKS

CHELSEA- CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    It depends if the "great" shows up or not. Sometimes we hype stuff up and get let down. Besides, say the Jets D "wins" the battle and holds the Colts to like 14 or so. But because the Jets dont have a overwheming offense only score 10 and lose anyway. Its very rare that a D is so good it can carry a weak offense to SB win. 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs are the only ones that come to mind.

vCash
    I think balance is more important.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    I think balance is more important.
    +1
    Normally to win a championship you have to be pretty good on both sides of the ball. That being said I'd rather have a dominant offense.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjTFxF-hRzY
    Jack It Off - Taylor Swift Parody ^

vCash
    I also think you need to have both offense and defense. Yes, the Ravens won the super bowl with TRENT DILFER and a pathetic offense, but that is unusual. They beat a drunk Kerry Collins, with lousy WR's Ike Hilliard and Amani Toomer. Look at the Cardinals and the Packers, they had pathetic defense come playoff time. The Colts offense is amazing and I think their defense is good enough to win. The Jets have an amazing defense and a QB that had numbers similar to Jamarucs Russel for most of the year. But the running game is great too, so this could be a good game...I always root against fat coaches like Andy Reid though and Rex Ryan, so I am going for the Colts

vCash
    2007 Patriots Offense < 2007 Giants Defense

Enough said!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCB/LAL View Post
    2007 Patriots Offense < 2007 Giants Defense

Enough said!
    The Patriots offense was better, just not on that day.

I'll say offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    The Patriots offense was better, just not on that day.

I'll say offense.
    And that had nothing to do with the Giants Defense?

vCash
    As a general rule of thumb, a great defense is a better asset to have in the postseason than a great offense. But, a balance is crucial to being able to win.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    I value defense more in all sports, and I think that it is more important than offense. As a Patriots fan, I know that when we won Super Bowls, our defensive was top five. Since we became an offensive juggernaut with Randy Moss, we've won nothing important.

Edit: My post count is evil!!!

vCash
    Offensive wins now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast