Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Better 3 running back tandem?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Cowboys

8 29.63%
  • New York Jets

14 51.85%
  • New Orleans Saints

4 14.81%
  • Other (specify and list the 3)

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Better 3 Headed Monster at Running back?

Cowboys
    Marion Barber
    Felix Jones
    Tashard Choice

Jets
    Thomas Jones
    Leon Washington
    Shonn Greene

Saints
    Pierre Thomas
    Mike Bell
    Reggie Bush

Who has the best tandem?
    Last edited by jetsforever; 01-21-2010 at 03:39 PM.

vCash
    I'd take the Jets with the Cowboys coming in at second. The Cowboys are on the rise though because Felix Jones is a stud and Choice looks pretty good in limited time as well. I've never been sold on Barber's greatness but he's a solid NFL RB, which says a lot. The Saints essentially turned a slot receiver/punt returner and two under-talented RBs into a solid unit. I give Brees and the coaching staff most of the credit on that one.

vCash
    first voter

jets

mainly because i have shonn greene in my keeper league and besides him and AP my team blows so hed better be good

vCash
    Jets.

vCash
    Atlanta Falcons

Michael Turner
    Jerious Norwood
    Jason Snelling
    Here we come

vCash
    Well lets look at this.....

Jets combined rushing Stats- 511 attempts 2273 yards 4.6 Ypc 16 TDs

Thomas Jones- 1402 yards 4.2 Ypc 14 TDs
    Shonn Greene- 540 yards 5.0 Ypc 2 TDs
    Leon Washington- 331 Yards 4.6 Ypc 0 TDs

Cowboys combined Rushing Stats- 394 attempts 1966 yards 5.2 Ypc 13 TDs

MB3- 932 Yards 4.4 Ypc 7 TDs
    Felix Jones- 685 Yards 5.9 Ypc 3 TDs
    Tashard Choice- 349 Yards 5.5 Ypc 3 TDs

Saints Combined rushing Stats- 389 attempts 1837 Yards 4.7 Ypc 16 TDs

Pierre Thomas-793 Yards 4.8 Ypc 6 TDs
    Mike Bell- 654 Yards 3.8 Ypc 5 TDs
    Reggie Bush- 390 Yards 5.6 Ypc 5 TDs

Falcons Combined Rushing Stats- 396 attempts 1736 Yards 4.1 Ypc 14 TDs

Michael Turner- 871 Yards 4.9 Ypc 10 TDs
    Jerious Norwood- 252 Yards 3.3 Ypc 0 TDs
    Jason Snelling- 613 Yards 4.3 Ypc 4 TDs

With these stats above Ill take the Cowboys 3 headed monster the Jets have more yards and more TDs but not a better YPC if Dallas ran the Ball as much as the Jets they would probably have more yards and more TDs.

So my answer is the Cowboys 3 headed Monster.

vCash
    Jets also have Danny Woodhead!

I like the all-around diversity of the Cowboys group the most.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    but he da best ever doo
    he iz lyke gonna be betta than revix u can sigg quot me

vCash
    Cowboys...not even close

vCash
    I'm being a homer - but the Ravens tandem of Ray Rice, Willis McGahee, and Le'Ron McClain - all of which have led the Ravens in rushing in the previous 3 seasons

Willis McGahee 1,207 in 2007, Le'Ron McClain 902 in 2008, Ray Rice 1,339 in 2009

And all of them have made the pro-bowl in the last 3 seasons. And all 3 combined for 2063 yards on 409 carries, averaging 5 Yards Per Carry.

Non-homer is the Jets. I'd have picked the Cowboys, because more than likely the Jets only led the league in rushing because they had to take the pressure off Sanchez, but 172 yards per game is too much to ignore.

vCash
    The defenses the Jets played pretty much knew they were going to run the ball all day and still didn't stop it. The cowboys and saints are both very good passing teams which makes running the ball much more effective. a lot of success for the cowboys came from the middle draw plays they run so well which is set up by the pass.

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    I'd take Cowboys, then Jets, then Ravens

vCash
    I don't see how this is arguable. The Cowboys have 2 better RB's than the Jets best RB.

Jones has the stats, but if you've watched him play he's nothing more than a solid RB. He can't catch, is slow, falls down prematurely ALL THE TIME, and has spectacular awareness, vision, and cut back ability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    I don't see how this is arguable. The Cowboys have 2 better RB's than the Jets best RB.

Jones has the stats, but if you've watched him play he's nothing more than a solid RB. He can't catch, is slow, falls down prematurely ALL THE TIME, and has spectacular awareness, vision, and cut back ability.
    I honestly think the best everydown back of all of them is Shonn Green. I just don't see any cowboys back as more than a complimentary type player. I like Jones a lot but don't know that he would be as effective running the ball 20 times a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post

You think Felix is better then Leon... I don't at all. Not yet. Leon only played in 6 games and managed to still put up solid numbers in the running game. If he had a full season he would have had a greater year then Jones for sure.

Id take TJ over Barber as well in the running department although Barber is younger so it is debatable. With TJ, I know what the Jets are going to get out of him, Barber didnt have half the year TJ did. He had only 4.36 YPC compared to Jones' 4.24 and Barber did not even have over 1000 yards rushing. Jones also doubled Barber in touchdowns

I would easily take Shonn Greene over Choice. Thus I choose the Jets over the Cowboys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    You think Felix is better then Leon... I don't at all. Not yet. Leon only played in 6 games and managed to still put up solid numbers in the running game. If he had a full season he would have had a greater year then Jones for sure.

Id take TJ over Barber as well in the running department although Barber is younger so it is debatable. With TJ, I know what the Jets are going to get out of him, Barber didnt have half the year TJ did. He had only 4.36 YPC compared to Jones' 4.24 and Barber did not even have over 1000 yards rushing. Jones also doubled Barber in touchdowns

I would easily take Shonn Greene over Choice. Thus I choose the Jets over the Cowboys
    I think hands down Felix over Leon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast