Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by _KB24_ View Post
    No, I'm keeping Ray Allen. The guy proved last year he can still hit the big shot when it counts. I'm keeping him unless a great deal comes along. The Rockets deal doesn't sound too pretty.
    They get a defensive stopper in Battier. Which they will need when they play Cleveland.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Posey and Peja for Allen...

vCash
    Id do Hinrich and Salmons for Ray Allen in a heartbeat. If that Trade went through an we got everyone healthy in time for the playoffs it would be a nice team

Rondo/Hinrich
    Salmons/Allen
    Pierce/Daniels
    KG/Baby
    Perk/Sheed

You have a average player at every BACKUP spot except T.A at 2 GUARD..That would be depth

But i doubt the Bulls would even wanna trade salmons and hinrich for Ray Ray.

vCash
    Sam Smith is the worst NBA columnist out there. Absolutely ZERO credibility. All he does is throw out crazy trade ideas and people eat it up.

He's almost as annoying as Steve (A as in *******) Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Id do Hinrich and Salmons for Ray Allen in a heartbeat. If that Trade went through an we got everyone healthy in time for the playoffs it would be a nice team

Rondo/Hinrich
    Salmons/Allen
    Pierce/Daniels
    KG/Baby
    Perk/Sheed

You have a average player at every BACKUP spot except T.A at 2 GUARD..That would be depth

But i doubt the Bulls would even wanna trade salmons and hinrich for Ray Ray.
    As a Bulls fan I would do it.

It makes us better in the short run with a scorer (yup, even now he's still better than those two) and most importantly a REAL three point threat which we desperately need, especially to spread the court for Rose. Although it would reduce our depth a lot, which means we would have to start playing Pargo, maybe even Hunter.

It hopefully makes us better in the future because it gives us a shitload of money to spend next summer, and hopefully we are desirable to FA's, whether Ray is part of that desirability or not.

It doesn't make us better in the past. At all.

Lastly, the guy is class all around, even if he knees Varejao in the balls. I would hope he would rub off on Rose and our other young guys.

If I were the Celtics, I don't think I would do it. He is so critical (right?) because of his three point shooting and understanding of what the Celtics are trying to do (win a title). Kirk is picking up his play right now and they are both shooting better, but they have been terrible during the season and if you think they can pick up part of that three point shooting/spacing, let alone all of it that Ray Ray provided, you are... wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thetic View Post
    Sam Smith is the worst NBA columnist out there. Absolutely ZERO credibility. All he does is throw out crazy trade ideas and people eat it up.

He's almost as annoying as Steve (A as in *******) Smith.
    His trades are bad, but he knows a lot about the NBA.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Missed this thread before. Yes twice there was chatter about dealing McHale.

There was never any chance Bird would be dealt. McHale however drove Red and the coaches nuts because he wouldn't practice hard, and didn't work much in the off season. The first deal mentioned was Pippen, and I wanted that deal. McHale was a one man wrecking crew on the Bulls (and the Pistons as well). The second deal later after McHale was in worse shape was Detlef. I liked that deal too, because it was clear McHale was running out of gas and quick when then surfaced. It didn't last as long, probably someone in mom's basement cooked it up.

Parish was in between Bird and McHale, they might have dealt him for the right price, because Red knew that Parish couldn't hack Jabbar and Malone among others. Later on he got nailed getting pot mailed to his home, and pushing around his wife - or was it girlfriend? - I'm quite sure of it a year or two later. So back in those days when people could actually be scandalized it probably hurt his value a bit. One of my top 5 Celtic moments is when he threw a punch at Laimbeer and then went after him. Bully boy didn't do much to defend himself, and normally phlegmatic Parish was incensed. I wish the zebras let him go.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Would Boston had a longer window had they traded Mchale?
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Would Boston had a longer window had they traded Mchale?
    Well as long as we are pretending...

Parish/Walton
    Bird/Bias
    Pippen/DJ/Ainge

Walton was almost done, so they would have needed 2 defensive minded bangers up front to prop up Parish, and DJ was fading so they would have needed Tiny sooner, or someone else, but Bias and Pippen would have to have been better in the late 80's then a broken down McHale alone.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Well as long as we are pretending...

Parish/Walton
    Bird/Bias
    Pippen/DJ/Ainge

Walton was almost done, so they would have needed 2 defensive minded bangers up front to prop up Parish, and DJ was fading so they would have needed Tiny sooner, or someone else, but Bias and Pippen would have to have been better in the late 80's then a broken down McHale alone.
    Are you implying trading Mchale for Pippen???
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Are you implying trading Mchale for Pippen???
    That was the more solid of the two McHale trade rumors I heard. An aging big that killed your team and had great low post moves, and a ton of defensive ability for a tweener 2/3 with a lot of D, and no real established fan identify? Yeah, that sort of deal has been made before, and it would have served the Celts well, and perhaps messed up the Bulls, if not the first few title years, the later ones, because McHale would have been long gone.

vCash
    There is an article back in 1990 that speaks of the Celtics possibly trading Larry Bird to the Pacers as well. Seems like the C's wanted to clean the house.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    There is an article back in 1990 that speaks of the Celtics possibly trading Larry Bird to the Pacers as well. Seems like the C's wanted to clean the house.
    Ever since Bird said Moses could eat shite at the rally after his first title he owned Boston more than any Celt ever, and as much as Bobby Orr. No way the Celts would ever deal him. Look at how loyal Red was, no way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Ever since Bird said Moses could eat shite at the rally after his first title he owned Boston more than any Celt ever, and as much as Bobby Orr. No way the Celts would ever deal him. Look at how loyal Red was, no way.
    This is true, however once Bird had those injuries anything was fair game.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    ^ I heard the rumors of Detlef for Bird, and as for me, once it was clear Bird was going down the drain I would have done it, but, Red was very loyal. Gerald Henderson and Cedric Maxwell were not the core, nor was Parish or DJ - and not even McHale - just Bird.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast