Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Rex Ryan: "I would like to congratulate the people that voted for Darrelle Revis."

Talk about a ****ing baby....

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan doesn't have a vote for defensive player of the year, but if he did he cornerback Darrelle Revis would have had one more vote than he did.

Ryan stopped short of calling Woodson's selection as a travesty, but he made it clear he thought the panel of 50 sportswriters and broadcasters picked the wrong guy. He said Revis, his star cornerback, did as much for his team as any player in the league.

He was reportedly swearing when he reported the news to Revis that Woodson had 28 votes to his 14.

"I wasn't going to comment on it," Ryan said Tuesday, "but I would like to congratulate the people that voted for Darrelle Revis. These guys obviously really know the game. And you've got to look at all the numbers, not just a number about this, or this stat or that stat.

"A number I think is interesting would be eight. And no, that's not the amount of touchdown passes Green Bay gave up against Arizona. That is the number of touchdown passes we gave up all season. And the biggest reason for that is Darrelle Revis.

"There's plenty of things to look at. We had the No. 1 defense in the National Football League, by 35 yards a game. We were No. 1 in scoring ... basically 187 points is all the defense gave up all season. That might be a consideration for NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

"And it really was for the people that voted for Darrelle Revis. I tip my hat to them because they really know the game. That's all I'm going to say about it."

For his part, Revis said he was OK with the choice of Woodson.

"That's good for him," Revis said. "I actually voted for him. It (winning that award) wasn't on my list of goals. You just try to play the best you can. Just like (Ryan) said, the guys who know real football, they know the type of season I had."
    And the one and only guy who would be understandably angry, Darrelle Revis, isn't even mad at all.

Here's his interview
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/01/post_19.html

Darrelle Revis = Best Cornerback in the NFL in 2009

Charles Woodson = Best overall defensive player in the NFL in 2009

Rex Ryan = Biggest loud mouth whining baby in the NFL in 2009

Woodson should have won over revis. Ryan really needs to shut up and stop *****ing all the time
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

what a ***** he keeps bringing attention to him self
    how long will jets fans deal with the publicity.

Darell Revis is taking this like a man and isnt letting this award get to his game. I know him and Woodson rather be in the playoffs instead of a trophy sitting on the couch.

wow just let it go, he felt revis shouldve won...U SHOULD TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM REX'S OPINIONS, because he has coached DPOYs before, such as ed reed and ray lewis, ur guy won, why are u taking this sooo far

Quote Originally Posted by Oaktown R8ers View Post
    what a ***** he keeps bringing attention to him self
    how long will jets fans deal with the publicity.
    just so u know us jets fans love rex ryan and all hes about and hat hes done for us and this franchise

Darell Revis is taking this like a man and isnt letting this award get to his game. I know him and Woodson rather be in the playoffs instead of a trophy sitting on the couch.
    well stated sir

this should be in the Jets forum. we know where this is heading so what is really the point?

I see how non-jet fans hate Rex and the things he says I really do. as a Jet fan I see it as backing his own guy and sticking behind his palyers but I get it nobody else really wants to hear this.

I said before Woodson got what he deserved but we should get this in the Jets forum before it gets out of control IMO as all rex Ryan and Revis threads do.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    just so u know us jets fans love rex ryan and all hes about and hat hes done for us and this franchise

well stated sir
    i can tell hes a great coach and has great defensive schemes that helped the jets D get to number one and helped revis a lot......but he has a loud mouth and his opinions make him sound ignorant

Rex, seriously, STFU!
    Perfection.

i can tell hes a great coach and has great defensive schemes that helped the jets D get to number one and helped revis a lot......but he has a loud mouth and his opinions make him sound ignorant
    I disagree strongly with the word ignorant, maybe arrogant. What has made him seem ignorant? He said in his opening press conference the Jets were going to have the number 1 D in the league, they went out and did it. His opinions aren't that asinine (except maybe the superbowl one right now haha but as a Jet fan I love it) and him thinking Revis is the best defensive player in the NFL isn't ignorant at all, its probably true, but Woodson had better numbers and was just as deserving of the award. I'm not mad Woodson won at all, he had the stats, but Rex was just saying theres more to football than just stats. I love Rex, but at the same time I don't think he helped Revis at all, Revis was dominate last year as well.

The Hawk Will Never Die

Tell it to Revis, don't make it a public spectacle.

It's sad that this man alone makes me want to see the Jets get blown out.

Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHip View Post
    Rex, seriously, STFU!
    Why should he? Maybe BB should defend his players more or show some fire and they all wouldn't seem so complacent about being embarassed at home? You may hate it as a Pats fan but realistically, when a coach defends his player like this it influences the team. How many brick walls do you think this team would run through for Rex? I don't even play for him and I would run through at least 2. Revis isn't the type of player to come out and say anything. To say he didn't care isn't fair at all he definitely did care.

"He's always behind us, and that's important," Revis said of his coach.

"What [do] you want me to say? He won," Revis said. "He had a great year, he did his thing, and he won. I don't want to talk about Charles Woodson. That's what it is."
    Seems to me Revis is a little upset about the voting as well, but he's just continuing to be the man he is and he'll remind people on Sunday why he's the best in the game.

The Hawk Will Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by younggunn113 View Post
    Why should he? Maybe BB should defend his players more or show some fire and they all wouldn't seem so complacent about being embarassed at home? You may hate it as a Pats fan but realistically, when a coach defends his player like this it influences the team. How many brick walls do you think this team would run through for Rex? I don't even play for him and I would run through at least 2. Revis isn't the type of player to come out and say anything. To say he didn't care isn't fair at all he definitely did care.

Seems to me Revis is a little upset about the voting as well, but he's just continuing to be the man he is and he'll remind people on Sunday why he's the best in the game.
    lol @ your map sig
    clever

Quote Originally Posted by younggunn113 View Post

Because he's always chirping about something. Say what you want about his motives, but your coach is an obnoxious loud mouth.
    Perfection.

God i hate this guy..

He says that you cant just look at one number or stat....yet the stat he throws out is JUST ONE NUMBER

What a dumbass... do us all a favor and lose this week.... that should shut him up

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast