Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

"Why is X Minor Leaguer not getting any player time?"

I'm going to say this one more time, because obviously some of you kiddies aren't getting it.

If you have too many players in your minor league system, some of them are bound not to get any playing time.

You should not have more than 10-14 players at any given minor league level.

• If a player is less than a 4 star player, and doesn't have any platoon splits that make him worthwhile in the majors, cut him.
    • If you have more than one player at a position (2B for example) and one of them is a 5 star prospect and the other is a 2 star prospect, either move the 2 star prospect to another level or release him.
    • If you have more than 5 SP at any given level, the other SP's won't develop. Make sure to move the extra SP to other levels or release them
    • If you have a player age 26 or over who isn't capable of playing in the major leagues, release him
    • If you have a ton of players in the minors, make sure you release a whole bunch in your lineup thread, I will make an example of how to do it below

Using the New York Mets as an example

Release from AAA

P Vince Cordova
    P Pedro Feliciano

Release From AA

P Joshua Wyrick

Release from A

3B Ismael Velazquez

This is the last time I'm telling you guys why you need to clean up the minors. Hopefully some of you (Mets, Cubs, Tampa, Yankees, Cleveland, Detroit, KC, White Sox, Angels, Mariners, Rangers & Phillies) will listen to what I've said and fix up your minors heading into next year.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Adding to the above (nice work Twitchy) you can also convert players. For example you have 6 SP's in AAA but you don't want to promote/demote/cut any of them, simply change one into a MR.

In your lineup thread just put:

CONVERSIONS
    SP Joe Blow - Change role to MR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mawp View Post
    Adding to the above (nice work Twitchy) you can also convert players. For example you have 6 SP's in AAA but you don't want to promote/demote/cut any of them, simply change one into a MR.

In your lineup thread just put:

CONVERSIONS
    SP Joe Blow - Change role to MR

umm, how about no. Do you realize how much work that is for the people that do the SIMS? I refuse to do it in GMSIM and I know JP will do the same.

vCash
    That's a good point. You can convert guys to MR, as well as closers.

Likewise, if a guy has 2B & SS eligibility, you can convert him to a SS. Let's say you have two 2B, and one has SS eligiblity - even if you don't plan on using him @ SS, make him a SS so he gets playing time.

The only time it's worthwhile to spend the 50 points on conversions is for minor leaguers. If you have 2 CF's and neither have multiple position eligiblity, then make one a RF so both of them getting playing time. But only do this if both players are top prospects who absolutely need to be at the same level.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    umm, how about no. Do you realize how much work that is for the people that do the SIMS? I refuse to do it in GMSIM and I know JP will do the same.
    Before I had the game, JP did quite a few for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Melky Way View Post
    I count 3 SS's in AAA alone. 3 2B's in AAA. That's not clean. Even if they're not top prospects, make sure you have one. Cut the rest.

AA/A aren't bad. But cut a bunch of guys in AAA. No point in them being there.

vCash
    I cleaned up AAA a bt, but AA needs work. (too many pitchers). For the 1st sim I'll just release a few of my older pitchers in AAA, then promote guys to AAA
    Thanks JO-MO

vCash
    Before I had the game, JP did quite a few for me.

Now imagine how much you had done times 20. I refuse to do them. I only auto lineups and do demotions, promotions, and cuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Now imagine how much you had done times 20. I refuse to do them. I only auto lineups and do demotions, promotions, and cuts.
    One of the perks for buying the game I suppose.
    Last edited by mawp; 07-18-2008 at 11:43 AM.

vCash
    thats true I'm sure if more owned the game ... they would really like this game even more
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

vCash
    One of the perks for buying the game I supposed then..

Exactly. I won't do that crap. Buy the game if you want to set your minor league lineups and depth charts and what not. I don't have time for that minor crap and I do have a life.

vCash
    If it's a few here and there I do them. If it starts to become 15 of them per sim then i'll change it. But as long as it's just a few per team over the course of a season it's not bad.

vCash
    Also i have said this mulitple times. IF you don't tell me to auto your minor leagues I dont' do it. I don't remember to do it, so you have to tell me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyRocks77 View Post
    thats true I'm sure if more owned the game ... they would really like this game even more
    I'm getting tempted. You're using 6 right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foamy
    It wouldn't hurt you to think like a serial killer every onced in a while, just for the sake of prevention

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast