Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

2009 Redraft for Wide Receivers

If you could pick the order that the wide receivers in the 2009 draft were drafted, how would you choose?

For me it would be:

1. Michael Crabtree

2. Hakeem Nicks

3. Percy Harvin

4. Jeremy Maclin

5. Kenny Britt

6. Mike Wallace

7. Austin Collie

8. Johnny Knox

9. Mohamed Massaquoi

10. Louis Murphy

11. Darrius Heyward -Bey
    Last edited by roshan3ai; 01-11-2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Forgot Mike Wallace, Johnny Knox, and Austin Collie

vCash
    I'm guessing you are a giants fan. No other way is Nicks ahead of Maclin and Harvin.

1. Crabtree

2. Harvin

2A. Maclin

4. Nicks

5. Britt

6. Bay ( I know he was horrible, but the QB was worse)

7. Massaquoi

8. Murphy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I'm guessing you are a giants fan. No other way is Nicks ahead of Maclin and Harvin.

Why? Because every Eagle player is "The BeSt EvEr DooD"?

Nicks has shown the ability to get a lot of YAC.

The stats are very similar for Harvin, Nicks, Britt, and Maclin except Nicks and Harvin have a lot more TDs. Crabtree gets penalized from me for the antics he pulled.

1. Percy Harvin (assuming he keeps his head on straight)
    2. Hakeem Nicks
    3. Micheal Crabtree
    4. Kenny Britt
    5. Jeremy Maclin
    6. Mohamed Massaquoi
    7. Louis Murphy
    8. DHB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants99 View Post
    Why? Because every Eagle player is "The BeSt EvEr DooD"?

Nicks has shown the ability to get a lot of YAC.

The stats are very similar for Harvin, Nicks, Britt, and Maclin except Nicks and Harvin have a lot more TDs. Crabtree gets penalized from me for the antics he pulled.

1. Percy Harvin (assuming he keeps his head on straight)
    2. Hakeem Nicks
    3. Micheal Crabtree
    4. Kenny Britt
    5. Jeremy Maclin
    6. Mohamed Massaquoi
    7. Louis Murphy
    8. DHB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post

1. Crabtree

2. Harvin

2A. Maclin

4. Nicks

5. Britt

6. Bay ( I know he was horrible, but the QB was worse)

7. Massaquoi

8. Murphy
    Well Hakeem Nicks played one less game and accumulated the same yardage as Harvin. They had the same number of touchdowns, and late in the season Nicks became a main target for Eli. Given that Harvin is a threat in the kick return game, I think that this is a tossup, and you are entitled to your own opinion.

As for Maclin, Hakeem Nicks had eight more yards, and two more touchdowns in one less game. Maclin was also the second option for the eagles most of the year, which means more targets. Hakeem was only promoted to the second wideout spot during the shootout against the Eagles in the meadowlands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    Well Hakeem Nicks played one less game and accumulated the same yardage as Harvin. They had the same number of touchdowns, and late in the season Nicks became a main target for Eli. Given that Harvin is a threat in the kick return game, I think that this is a tossup, and you are entitled to your own opinion.

As for Maclin, Hakeem Nicks had eight more yards, and two more touchdowns in one less game. Maclin was also the second option for the eagles most of the year, which means more targets. Hakeem was only promoted to the second wideout spot during the shootout against the Eagles in the meadowlands.
    eagles have JACKSON who is the number 1 and then u go to Celek (just under 1000 yards and 8 TDs) then its maclin. btw i love nicks so called HANDS (eagles game) .lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogers101 View Post
    eagles have JACKSON who is the number 1 and then u go to Celek (just under 1000 yards and 8 TDs) then its maclin. btw i love nicks so called HANDS (eagles game) .lol
    Well JACKSON has 63 receptions and 118 targets while the Giants' number one, Steve Smith has 107 receptions and 159 targets, hence Smith being targeted more than Jackson. Mario Manningham had 57 catches and 99 targets and Boss had 42 catches, and 69 targets while Jason Avant had 41 catches,and 60 targets and Celek had 76 catches and 112 targets. So the Eagles TE got the ball alot more than the Giants TE, but Manningham got more targets than Avant, and Smith alot more than DeSean. The Eagles also throw the ball more than the Giants, but also throw to their backs alot. So Nicks, who had only 75 targets had the same yards and TD's as Maclin who was targeted 15 more times, and was the second wide receiver option. Also, Nicks played one less game than Maclin, and was still eighteenth in the league in YAC.

vCash
    Well JACKSON has 63 receptions and 118 targets while the Giants' number one, Steve Smith has 107 receptions and 159 targets, hence Smith being targeted more than Jackson. Mario Manningham had 57 catches and 99 targets and Boss had 42 catches, and 69 targets while Jason Avant had 41 catches,and 60 targets and Celek had 76 catches and 112 targets. So the Eagles TE got the ball alot more than the Giants TE, but Manningham got more targets than Avant, and Smith alot more than DeSean. The Eagles also throw the ball more than the Giants, but also throw to their backs alot. So Nicks, who had only 75 targets had the same yards and TD's as Maclin who was targeted 15 more times, and was the second wide receiver option. Also, Nicks played one less game than Maclin, and was still eighteenth in the league in YAC.
    The eagles actually only threw the ball 11 more times than the giants this year so essentially they pass the ball about the same amount. the eagles also do spread the ball around more than NY. it's kind of silly to try to say which WR is better when they are so comparable after just 1 year in the league.

vCash
    LMAO @ all the people forgetting Mike Wallace... I guess the guy who was top 3 in all Rookie Wideout statisitcs except for receptions and made perhaps the best catch of the season isn't good enough.

Based on Rookie Seasons
    1.) Harvin
    2.) Nicks
    3.) Wallace
    4.) Crabtree
    5.) Britt
    6.) Maclin
    7.) Murphy
    8.) Knox
    9.) Heyward-Bey

How I think their careers will turn out
    1.) Crabtree
    2.) Nicks
    3.) Maclin(just because he'll be in an Andy Reid system)
    4.) Harvin
    5.) Wallace
    6.) Britt
    7.) Murphy
    8.) Knox
    9.) Heyward-Bey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqOptic View Post
    LMAO @ all the people forgetting Mike Wallace... I guess the guy who was top 3 in all Rookie Wideout statisitcs except for receptions and made perhaps the best catch of the season isn't good enough.

Based on Rookie Seasons
    1.) Harvin
    2.) Nicks
    3.) Wallace
    4.) Crabtree
    5.) Britt
    6.) Maclin
    7.) Murphy
    8.) Knox
    9.) Heyward-Bey

How I think their careers will turn out
    1.) Crabtree
    2.) Nicks
    3.) Maclin(just because he'll be in an Andy Reid system)
    4.) Harvin
    5.) Wallace
    6.) Britt
    7.) Murphy
    8.) Knox
    9.) Heyward-Bey

so those 2 wont improve? lets stop the BS and wait and come back to me in 10 years with this list

vCash

Maclin missed 3 games though. The first week he was active, but didnt play. He also got hurt on a PR against the Giants before our offense could take the field and didnt play the next week at Atlanta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

12. 01-11-2010, 07:52 PM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogers101 View Post
    true. watch those lil giants fan moan and ***** about it.
    stop baiting

I'll go

1) Harvin (easily)
    2) Nicks
    3) Maclin
    4) Crabtree
    5) Wallace
    6) Collie (although Manning makes any WR look good)
    7) Britt
    8) Murphy
    9) Knox
    10) Massaquoi
    Last edited by The GEEEEE Men; 01-11-2010 at 09:49 PM.
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Maclin missed 3 games though. The first week he was active, but didnt play. He also got hurt on a PR against the Giants before our offense could take the field and didnt play the next week at Atlanta.
    Well I think he played most of the game versus the Giants, but I did not know about week one, where he didn't play. So that was my mistake, and Nicks and Maclin played the same amount of games basically, since Nicks missed two games and only got garbage time in the first and fourth games

EDIT: Nevermind, he didn't play in the Giants game
    Last edited by roshan3ai; 01-11-2010 at 08:48 PM.

vCash
    Harvin has to be 1 or 2, thats for sure.

And you are missing Mike Wallace.........

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast