39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boldin

13 33.33%
  • Jennings

26 66.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hurdler388 View Post
    i'll take boldin b/c we already have Desean Jackson. he and jennings are too similar.
    Id argue that boldin and jackson are much closer related than jennings and jackson

Pete Rose, here he comes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corywoe View Post
    wow well i do believe greg jennings gives his all and boldin is a dying art just like good ole randy moss wait til he gets picked up next year and he just slows his routes and starts actin up again lol. overrated.
    Are you saying Boldin is "overrated"?

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Obviously being a Packer fan I would take Jennings, but in all seriousness, you have to look at both players from an all around standpoint.

Jennings is the more precise route runner (other than the first play of OT yesterday), but Boldin will go up and win more jump balls. Jennings has deceptive speed, while Boldin is deceptively fast as well, he doesnt utilize his speed the same way Jennings does.

Boldin is more of a big play receiver wrapped up in a possession type attitude. I love both players, but clearly Jennings has been much more healthy in his time in the league.

I think the slight edge goes to Boldin, but I would take Jennings over him just for the simple fact of what some people have said before: He is humble, and healthy.

To those that say its not even close either way, arent approaching the subject from an objective standpoint.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    I'd take Boldin over Jennings 3 years ago. Today I take Jennings, He's younger, healthier, humble and still got his best years ahead of him.

vCash
    They are very similar... when healthy I'll take Boldin. Jennings isn't far behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4MVP View Post
    Andrew Bogut is a better player then Dwight Howard. period.

vCash
    Greg Jennings. Love what he does, and i love his attitude toward the game. He's worth every penny the Packers gave him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPacker2 View Post
    It's not so simple when you factor in health. When healthy, Boldin is an absolute beast and I think he has a slight edge over Jennings. But factoring in everything (health and attitude mostly) Jennings probably gets the nod because of his humble attitude and consistency. Hasn't Boldin been threatening to leave the Cardinals over the past 2 seasons? Even after they were 30 seconds away from winning a SB?
    Boldin, not quite sold on Jennings being an "Elite" receiver, since that would be one step below Boldin which is what you indicate he is.

Jennings has to many games where he simply does not show up, has 4 catches for 45 yards or something, or even 2 catches for 100 yards which in my eyes is not an elite WR...

Boldin is the guy that if he dresses for battle, you are damn glad the guy is on your side, he is a freaking warrior, and football is war.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    Obviously being a Packer fan I would take Jennings, but in all seriousness, you have to look at both players from an all around standpoint.

Jennings is the more precise route runner (other than the first play of OT yesterday), but Boldin will go up and win more jump balls. Jennings has deceptive speed, while Boldin is deceptively fast as well, he doesnt utilize his speed the same way Jennings does.

Boldin is more of a big play receiver wrapped up in a possession type attitude. I love both players, but clearly Jennings has been much more healthy in his time in the league.

I think the slight edge goes to Boldin, but I would take Jennings over him just for the simple fact of what some people have said before: He is humble, and healthy.

To those that say its not even close either way, arent approaching the subject from an objective standpoint.
    Actually, that was a great route as he torched a pretty good DB in Rolle. It was the throw that was atrocious...cant make them all.
    I would feel good about future with Rodgers if I were you...and consider yourselves lucky.

How many teams search for a franchise QB forever after losing one.
    Elway....?
    Marino?
    Kelly?
    Namath...haha (30+ years)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeter4president View Post
    Id argue that boldin and jackson are much closer related than jennings and jackson
    really? jackson and jennings are both deep threats and guys you want to get the ball to in space. boldin is more of a physical, take a short pass, break a few tackles, make something happen kind of player IMO. also, boldin can block like none of these guys.

*disclaimer - i'm not saying the only thing jennings can do is go deep so don't freak out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hurdler388 View Post
    really? jackson and jennings are both deep threats and guys you want to get the ball to in space. boldin is more of a physical, take a short pass, break a few tackles, make something happen kind of player IMO. also, boldin can block like none of these guys.

*disclaimer - i'm not saying the only thing jennings can do is go deep so don't freak out.
    So are you saying all Jennings can do is go deep??! Naw just kidding, haha.

vCash
    Boldin, easily

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Boldin, not quite sold on Jennings being an "Elite" receiver, since that would be one step below Boldin which is what you indicate he is.

Jennings has to many games where he simply does not show up, has 4 catches for 45 yards or something, or even 2 catches for 100 yards which in my eyes is not an elite WR...

Boldin is the guy that if he dresses for battle, you are damn glad the guy is on your side, he is a freaking warrior, and football is war.
    The Packers have a very good group of WRs/TEs.

There are many games in which its Rodgers best interests to focus more on Driver or Finley or whoever. When the Packers need a big play Jennings is always good for one.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    If you could guarantee me a healthy Boldin him hands down. He is one of the best recievers in the league when hes not hurt but he is awlays hurt.

vCash
    Going with Greg Jennings. I really like how he sprouted on the scene and became an awesome WR real quick. Boldin has to, but has attitude problems and injury history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    Going with Greg Jennings. I really like how he sprouted on the scene and became an awesome WR real quick. Boldin has to, but has attitude problems and injury history.
    Jennings did come on quick but boldin had one of the greatest rookie years ever by a WR.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast