Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Awards

Team Awards

Take all of the major award categories and apply them to your favorite team. I'll throw in a couple categories that arn't really awards as well.

Team- Green Bay Packers

Mvp- Aaron Rodgers. Have to go with the guy who touches the ball on every snap over the defensive player.

Opoy- Aaron Rodgers. 35 touchdowns, 2nd most total yards, only 11 turnovers on the year. His qb rating was over 130 on third downs and he was great in the fourth quarter. Most importantly, he led the Packers back into the playoffs.

Dpoy- Charles Woodson. 13 turnovers, 74 tackles, 3 td's and is a Dpoy candidate. No one had a bigger impact on defense than Charles did.

Most Improved- Jermichael Finley. Basically, last year he was a non factor on the team. He had less than 100 yards and only 1 touchdown. This year he ends up 10th among tight ends in receiving yards with 676. He even missed three games or that total would have been higher.

Comeback Player of the Year- Nick Barnett. Had to deal with recovering from a knee injury and a change in scheme. The injury makes what he did learning the scheme even more amazing. He couldn't take the reps during pre-season or the off season that a player normally does. Early in the season he was eased into the roll but now he's full speed and made a huge impact on the defense.

Oroy- T.J Lang- Really no other option here beside the third string full back. However, Lang did do a nice job filling in for both the Lt and Rt positions when there were injuries.

Droy- Clay Mathews- 10 sacks, 3 Fr, 1 td. He was a pass rushing force along with being solid in run support and coverage. Raji and Jones were other rookie starters that did a great job, but they just didn't have the impact Clay did.

Most Underrated- Ryan Grant. Was third in the Nfc in rushing yards and had 11 touchdowns. Had a Pro Bowl type season for the Packers but is overshadowed by the passing game. Jolly and Jenkins should also be mentioned in this category.

Biggest Disappointment- It was going to be Aaron Kampman but he got injured and doesn't effect the team anymore so i'll have to go with Mason Crosby. I still have confidence in him but he needs to be more accurate in the future, especially the immediate future.

Team - New York Giants

MVP - Eli Manning 93.1 QB Rat, 63% passing, 4021 Yards, 27 TDs, 14 INTs
    Had a great year this year, statistically and otherwise. He started off amazingly, got hurt and struggled a bit, and then got back and finished real strong. When he played well, we did well for the most part until our defense completely shattered at the end of the year

OPOY - Steve Smith 107 Rec, 1220 Yards, 7 TDs
    Just wanted to give it to a different person than MVP. Great year this year for smith. A shame he didn't even make the pro-bowl, IMO. The only Giant that deserved it, maybe.. maybe.. O'Hara. The Giants WRs were supposed to be their downfall this year and turned out to be their strong point, thanks greatly to Smith, who is just an amazing route runner with real good hands

DPOY - Terrell Thomas 85 Tackles, 5 INT, 1 TD, 13 PD, 1 Sack
    This was really hard because I can't say I thought a player on this defense really deserved it. That said, I love Terrell Thomas. He's a cover corner and still managed 5 INTs which is impressive. He always plays hard which I especially appreciate after watching this damn defense.

Most Improved - Michael Boley 11 Games, 84 Tackles, 1 Sack
    This award should go to Steve Smith, but I don't want to give two awards to 1 player. Boley wasn't fantastic this year, he had his struggles adapting, but he did overall play pretty well. He struggle last year in Atlanta just not really fitting in that defense and while he would've fit better in Spags' defense, Boley did really well and was on pace for a probowl season if he would've played all 16 games.

Comeback Player of the Year - Osi Umenyiora 29 Tackles, 7 Sacks, 4 FFs
    Osi really wasn't good this year but in his favor, he was coming off a terrible knee injury and did make somewhat of an impact once in a while. No one really deserves this award but I guess Osi deserves it the most.

OROY - Hakeem Nicks 14 Games, 47 Catches, 790 Yards, 6 TDs, 16.8 Avg, 9 YAC
    Hakeem Nicks is a really good player. He was injured for 2 games and then there were a few games early in the year where he really didn't play much because the Giants slowly ease rookies in. Had a few drops that hurt, but he was a great big play guy and got yards after the catch. He seems to have really good hands, regardless of the drops. Kid had a good rookie year and is gonna be a real good player.

DROY - Bruce Johnson 46 Tackles, 2 INTs, 1 TD, 8 PD
    Kind of hard to pick a DROY on such a bad defense, but Bruce Johnson did a good job at nickel and a little dime for us for an undrafted FA. It's telling how bad our defense was when our DPOY and DROY are both from our secondary and our secondary was terrible (even though it was mostly the safeties). Not gonna take away from Bruce though, he was surprisingly solid this year.

Most Underrated - Kevin Boss 42 Catches, 567 Yards, 5 TDs
    Giants don't really utilize the TE in the passing game much, but he's a really good player. Great blocker, good receiver, just all around a pretty damn good player.

Biggest Dissapointment - Offensive Line in general (although Snee and O'Hara were good), Brandon Jacobs, and honestly every starter on defense minus Terrell Thomas, Michael Boley, and Antonio Pierce and Kenny Phillips before injury.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

double post
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

You forgot to mention Eli's 8 fumbles. He had 22 turnovers, If you consider that great i feel bad for the fans in New York.

Team:Minnesota Vikings

MVP:Brett Favre
    Came out of retirement and was an MVP canadite, Favre played lights out this year and he is why we are the #2 seed in the NFC.

OPOY:Percy Harvin
    Im going to try and change it up a bit, and dont want to give a player two awards, Percy was great, we got a steal with the 22nd pick and set the Vikings record for most combined yards in a season with over 2,000 yards.

DPOY:Jared Allen
    He became the 2nd player in NFL history to have 3 consecutive seasons with 14 or more sacks in each season, Reggie White was the other, and he is a game changer, with 14.5 sacks, a DEF TD and INT, he is becoming our leader on defense.

Most Improved:Ray Edwards
    Well he finally started to show some promise, ended the season with 8.5 sacks, about time he started to get to the QB with Jared Allen and Kevin Williams getting double teams.

Comeback Player:Sidney Rice
    only had like 15 catches all of last year, and had 80 this year, and over 1,300 yards, Looks likes a poor mans Larry Fitzgerald, Has alot of talent could have been most improved but, he came back from a knee injury and should have had some consideration for Comeback player of the year

OROY:Phil Loadholt
    Percy Harvin won it for the entire year, but Loadholt played very well, coming from the left side to the right side and holding his own for the most part, looking like a very good draft from the Vikings

DROY:Asher Allen
    Our 3 rookies that where defensive didnt get tons of playing time but Asher Allen played very well and looks like a younger Antonie Winfield.

Most Underrated:Cedric Griffin
    Could have gone to Shaincoe who had 11 TDs, but Griffin gets over shadowed from Winfield and we have terrible safties which doesnt help him, But he had 4 INTs, 80 tackles and 3 FF, starting to look like a #1 corner.

Biggest Disapointment:Tyrell Johnson and Madiue Williams
    This is bad both our safties play very poorly this year and could end up hurting us this year in the play offs, Williams got a big contract a year a go and Johnson was a 2nd round pick who doesnt look like he will pan out.

Team - Cincinnati Bengals

MVP - Cedric Benson. Pretty much had an amazing season, should have come-back player of the year, and was the focal point of the whole offense.

OPOY - Benson again. Palmer had a great season too, but again Benson was the focal point.

DPOY - Dhani Jones. Poor Antwan Odom had season-ending surgery after week 6, so it goes to the captain of the team who helped make the defense one of the best in the league.

Most Improved - Chad Ochocinco. He bounced back from a horrendous year on and off the field last year to returning as an elite WR in this league. He had over 1200 yards in a running offense and was himself again, funny and outlandish.

Comeback Player of the Year - Cedric Benson again. He should have one the real award as well, went from sitting on a couch to being one of the best running backs in the league.

OROY - Bernard Scott. Andre Smith didn't play until like week 12 or something and Quan Cosby wasn't a factor as WR until late in the season as well. So it goes to the 6th round pick who came in and took some carries off of Cedric Benson and even had a 100-yard rushing game.

DROY - Rey Mauluaga. He had a great rookie campaign until he went on IR in the Chiefs game. One of the steals of the draft, hopefully he builds on this year for next year.

Most Underrated - Bobbie Williams. One of the best offensive line-man in the league but he still doesn't get any recognition. He's one of the best run blockers, and was a big reason why Benson had such a great year.

Biggest Disappointment - Chase Coffman. A third round draft pick that was supposed to be our TE of the future but couldn't even get on the field when he was 100% healthy, and then he went on IR late in the season. Wasn't active once all season.
    Last edited by Kakaroach; 01-10-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Team-Oakland Raiders

Mvp-Brad Gradowski Yes I know he started late in the season and didnt have great numbers but he showed everyone raiders can compete with normal Qb play.IMO he showed he Nation theres hope and we can win. when Fatazz is on the field

Opoy-Zach Miller IMO hes on of the best tight ends in the league and is a pro bowl caliber player and this year he had great numbers for poor play calling and a horrible Qb in Jamarcuss Russell.

Dpoy-Kirk MorrisonHes On of the best in the game every year he gets 100+tackles and this year he got 133 2 sacks a 3ff he was all over the field this year to bad he wasnt getting helped.

Most Improved- Micheal Huff we all thought he was done in Oakland and was a bust. But Nnamdi Asomugha said huff would have a breakout year which he kinda did only if he was starting most of the time then he would done some great things but 3picks and 58 tackles is great for a back up.

Oroy- Luis Murpy
    With Out a doubt hes OROY he has great hands and plays with heart he put up solid stats for a 4th rounder playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Droy-Matt Shaughnessy great player who had 4 sacks in his first 2 games playing and showed alot of potential.

Most Underrated-Chaz Schillens What A steal this guy was in the draft he has great hands speed and is strong IMO he can be a top 15 Wr in this league if he gets a Good Qb to thrown to him.and if Chaz wasnt injured this year he probably would've had over 80 catches even though he missed 9 games and finished with 29 catches

Biggest Disappointment- Darren Mcfadden I want this guy to be a very successful player in the NFL but he has a problem with holding the football and also gets injured alot i other then that hes a versatile player and can be a great RB in this leauge if he dosnt split carries and gets more then 25 touches a game not 5
    Last edited by Oaktown R8ers; 01-10-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Team: New England Patriots

MVP: Wes Welker. Led the NFL in receptions and was 2nd in receiving yards despite missing pretty much 3 full games. When Brady wasn't himself earlier this year, Welker was the one constant. When the Pats needed a first down or a big play, it was Welker who came up with that play. Easy choice, and I think Pats fans on this site would agree.

OPOY: Wes Welker. 123 receptions, 1,348 yards, 71 catches that went for first downs. Brady was a close second, but there's no doubt that Welker was the player that made this offense a success.

DPOY: Tully Banta-Cain. 9.5 sacks, which led the team. On a defense that struggled all season to put pressure on the opposing QB, Banta-Cain was the player who came up with big plays when the Pats defense needed them most.

Most Improved: Brandon Meriweather. Meriweather was the Pats' first round pick back in 2007, and was absolutely horrific that year. He constantly missed tackles, dropped potential interceptions, and was out of position on many occasions. He took great strides toward the end of last season, and this year, he finally put it all together. Meriweather finished with 83 tackles, tied for the team lead in interceptions with 5, and forced 2 fumbles. He has become one of the constants on the Patriots defense.

Comeback Player of the Year: Tom Brady. No question about this one. Tore up his knee in Week 1 last year, comes back to put together the second best statistical season of his career. 4,400 pass yards and 28 TD's. Struggled in the red zone at times, but by the end of the year, he was back to being Tom Terrific.

OROY: Sebastian Vollmer. Vollmer was picked in the second round this year, and is the future starting LT for the Pats. He was showcased in the Pats-Colts game earlier this season, when he shut Dwight Freeney down for the entire game. Freeney didn't touch Brady once that game. Once the Pats finally move Matt Light to RT and bench Nick Kaczur, people will see just how much of a beast Vollmer is.

DROY: Darius Butler. Butler, picked in the second round this year along with Vollmer, has had a very solid second half of the season to earn this honor. He showed great coverage skills, and although he was not a starter, he contributed with 35 tackles, 3 interceptions (1 returned for a TD), and 8 passes defensed. He has a very bright future.

Most Underrated: Kevin Faulk. He has finally begun to attract attention from media, but not enough. Faulk is one of the best 3rd down backs in the NFL. 31 of Faulk's 99 offensive touches went for first downs this season. He caught 37 passes this season, and averaged 8.1 yards per catch. He also averaged 5.4 yards per rush this season. When the Pats need a big play and the defense is focused on Welker, Faulk gets the ball in his hands.

Biggest Disappointment: Adalius Thomas. In year 3 of his contract, Thomas has continued to disappoint, and has many Pats fans wondering whether or not he'll be cut this offseason. In addition to unimpressive stats, Thomas was sent home at least twice for showing up late for practices/meetings, and was deactivated for a game against Carolina as well. He has played better since his deactivation, but is still a big disappointment overall.

Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

I know Ramon Nivar's gonna be mad that I did this, but here it goes...

Team: Atlanta Falcons (9-7)

MVP: Matt Ryan, QB (22 TD/14 INT/2,916 Yards/80.9 QB Rating)

Without Matty Ice, the Falcons struggled to establish a passing attack. I know that the Falcons missed both Ryan and Michael Turner due to injuries, but when given the option of a pass game of Chris Redman, versus the running attack of Jerious Norwood/Jason Snelling, I'll gladly take the ladder.

Offensive Player of the Year: Roddy White, WR (11 TD/85 Receptions/1,153 Yards)

"Stone Hands" provided a solid deep threat, to compliment the newly acquired Hall-of-Fame TE, Tony Gonzalez. White continues to progress as one of the league's top recievers, now all he needs to do is develop a better blocking game for the run, and reduce the number of drops.

Defensive Player of the Year: Curtis Lofton, MLB (133 Tackles)

Lofton is an absolute force in the middle of Atlanta's 4-3 defense. He was a big part of their improvement against the run, and although they were torched through the air, he was able to improve his pass coverage. Is he the best cover LB out there? Absolutely not, but Lofton's easily on pace for several Pro Bowls to come.

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Garrett Reynolds, OT

Not much to say here, no rookies made a huge impact on our season, however Reynolds would be the best candidate. He was able to fill in at times, when our depth chart was slim, and actually showed signs that he could potentially start one day.

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Chris Owens, CB

In a year, which he had anticipated both Peria Jerry and William Moore to contribute greatly, we're left with Owens as the best option. Owens had 2 INT, after not seeing any playing time for the majority of the season, and added a respectable 29 tackles as well.

Most Improved Player: Jason Snelling, RB (613 Rushing Yards/4 TD)

After Turner went down, I was concerned, however I knew that Norwood could fill in and produce. When Norwood went down, I was heavily concerned. That quickly changed when Snelling began getting carries. He showed that not only could he handle the workload, but he could be used as a back who can run routes as well, with 30 receptions. In addition, when FB Ovie Mughelli went down to injury, Snelling was able to fill in at FB as well.

Comeback Player of the Year: Brent Grimes (6 INT)

This was hard for me, as the Falcons had several options for this award. Mike Peterson, and Erik Coleman played well, but Grimes took it home due to his ability to make a big play. Although he's an undersized CB, Grimes has freakish athletic ability, and was able to emerge as a front-runner for a starting job next season.

Most Underrated Player: Jonathan Babineaux, DT (6 Sacks)

Despite his off the field trouble, Babineaux was a beast on the Atlanta defensive line. When you think about the Dirty Bird's defensive linemen, the first person you think of is John Abraham, however that may be changing in the near future. I understand that 6 sacks may not be anything to write home about, but Babs was constantly disrupting opposing teams by finding a way to get into the backfield. Now, all he needs to do is save his blunt smoking for the offseason.

Biggest Disappointment: Jason Elam, K

Yes, I could have said Abraham for falling off after his amazing 2008 campaign, or even WR Michael Jenkins for several key drops and a mediocre season after his contract extension, however Elam takes the cake. When we first signed him, I was actually happy that we were able to acquire a proven kicker, who has made kicks in high-pressure situations, but that quickly changed after going only 8-15 on kicks that were 30+ yards. In my opinion, I think that the Falcons make the playoffs with a more reliable kicker this year.
    Last edited by cf267872; 01-10-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Team- Cleveland Browns

MVP- Cribbs- Everything he did was great. Best Returner of all time.

Opoy- Jerome Harrison- Was maybe the best RB in the NFL stat wise last 3 weeks of season. 862 yds and 5 TDS.

Dpoy- Matt Roth- 28 tackles 4 sacks in 6 games.

Most Improved- Corey Williams- Did nothing last season. This season he was a factor. Had a huge game vs steelers.

Comeback Player of the Year- David Bowen's- He got a chance to start here, and was a big time player. 71 tackles 5.5 sacks.

Oroy- Alex mack- Already one of the best centers in the NFL.

Droy- Maiava, Kaluka- only rookie who really played on defense. 45 tackles 2.5 sacks

Most Underrated- Vickers, Lawrence. best blocking FB in the NFL.

Biggest Disappointment- Offense corr. The play calling was horrible for the first 13 games.
    Last edited by prodigy; 01-10-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by henderson56 View Post
    MVP:Brett Favre
    Came out of retirement
    Hardly anything when he's done it 20 times....Not like he stopped practicing/playing. Sorry had to say it.

dallas cowboys

MVP- tony romo ...i was gonna say miles austin but romo matured a **** load this year and finally got a playoff win

OPOY- miles austin ...the dude came out of nowhere to lead this team in recieving yds and tds

DPOY-this is a tough one but imma go with mike jenkins..the guy has become a star for them ...hes shuttin down recievers and has a knack for pickin off balls...him and spencer helpd turn this defense aound

Most improved-miles austin enough said

comeback player of the year-felix jones had some injuries last year ..has been great as of late

OROY-kevin ogletree only offensive rookie on dallas ...showd alot of potential

DROY- victor butler 3 sacks shows some potential as a pass rusher

most underated- gerald sensabaugh...the stats may not show it but this guys been a animal and has helped our d out tremendously

biggest disappointment - roy williams the guy was suppose to a beast and so far hes underachieved big time...also nick folk the guy is a bum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    JERSEY WE GO HARD!

Give it a rest, #4 did have a late off-season surgery, he did again do well with a whole new team.
    Hate has an ugly face that is obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Crew View Post
    Hardly anything when he's done it 20 times....Not like he stopped practicing/playing. Sorry had to say it.

Team- Pittsburgh Steelers

Mvp- Ben Roethlisberger

Opoy- Ben Roethlisberger

Dpoy- James Harrison

Most Improved- Brett Keisel. He really turned it on this year.

Comeback Player of the Year- Rashard Mendenhall. got injured last year and has exploded onto the scene this year.

Oroy- Mike Wallace WR

Droy- Ziggy Hood DE

Most Underrated- Lamarr Woodley. The man is a beast and at the end of the year absolutely raped.

Biggest Disappointment- 4th quarter defense

Quote Originally Posted by sharper1219 View Post
    Take all of the major award categories and apply them to your favorite team. I'll throw in a couple categories that arn't really awards as well.

Team- Green Bay Packers

Mvp- Aaron Rodgers. Have to go with the guy who touches the ball on every snap over the defensive player.

Opoy- Aaron Rodgers. 35 touchdowns, 2nd most total yards, only 11 turnovers on the year. His qb rating was over 130 on third downs and he was great in the fourth quarter. Most importantly, he led the Packers back into the playoffs.

Dpoy- Charles Woodson. 13 turnovers, 74 tackles, 3 td's and is a Dpoy candidate. No one had a bigger impact on defense than Charles did.

Most Improved- Jermichael Finley. Basically, last year he was a non factor on the team. He had less than 100 yards and only 1 touchdown. This year he ends up 10th among tight ends in receiving yards with 676. He even missed three games or that total would have been higher.

Comeback Player of the Year- Nick Barnett. Had to deal with recovering from a knee injury and a change in scheme. The injury makes what he did learning the scheme even more amazing. He couldn't take the reps during pre-season or the off season that a player normally does. Early in the season he was eased into the roll but now he's full speed and made a huge impact on the defense.

Oroy- T.J Lang- Really no other option here beside the third string full back. However, Lang did do a nice job filling in for both the Lt and Rt positions when there were injuries.

Droy- Clay Mathews- 10 sacks, 3 Fr, 1 td. He was a pass rushing force along with being solid in run support and coverage. Raji and Jones were other rookie starters that did a great job, but they just didn't have the impact Clay did.

Most Underrated- Ryan Grant. Was third in the Nfc in rushing yards and had 11 touchdowns. Had a Pro Bowl type season for the Packers but is overshadowed by the passing game. Jolly and Jenkins should also be mentioned in this category.

Biggest Disappointment- It was going to be Aaron Kampman but he got injured and doesn't effect the team anymore so i'll have to go with Mason Crosby. I still have confidence in him but he needs to be more accurate in the future, especially the immediate future.
    I agree 100%

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast