Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 124
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,809
    vCash
    1500

    Tony Romo=Aaron Rodgers

    O.K. Before anyone gets there panties in a wad, let me first say this...

    I love aaron rodgers. I think he is "elite".. He is my second favorite qb besides romo. Deserved the Probowl, and deserves to be considered a top flight qb. All the tools you need.

    But... can we say aaron is a "choker" ? I mean, what is the diffrence between him and romo? look at romo's first full season as a starter.. Actually better then rodgers. Romo in the playoffs, in the games he lost, actually played.. dare I say.. "great". Seriously. Romo loses, it's all him. Romo wins, its anything but him.

    I dont think Aaron is a choker. Really, i never thought romo was. I think every "big game" he won, didnt matter, and any game he lost, was a "big game". But, is everyone now going to say- Aaron cant win a playoff game" ?

    Just saying, its kinda biased, dont you think?

    And as far as not winning a playoff game.. Never heard the end of that... But how come i never hear how long its been since the bengals won a playoff game? (20 years, FYI.) ?

    And, everytime, Non cowboys fans cant come up with a good reason to support there argument, or if they are proven wrong, they just mockinlgy do the "im a hater" routine, and then internet hi five...

    Seriously?

    Cowboy fan- Romo has been playing great, evidence by stats, wins, and level of play. Look at this. Furthermore, if you go back, youll see, evidence by stats, wins, youll see that he has been playing at this level since entering the league. He might have even improved. Compare to (insert your teams qb here) and youll see that romo is very comparable, if not better.

    Any other fan: i am de haterz-

    nonplayoff teams fans- hahah hi five! boom roasted!

    ?
    can we not do that this thread?

    thanks in advance.

    Now the purpose of this thread is to debate:
    Critisism of Romo, fair? Compare to that of someone like rodgers. (Not comparing talent, comparing wether there critisism is fair.)
    Last edited by rawz; 01-10-2010 at 08:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,761
    vCash
    1500
    If Rodgers can't get it done next year, he'll face the same scrutiny Romo did in that time period.


    It Begins...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,809
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by st3voness View Post
    If Rodgers can't get it done next year, he'll face the same scrutiny Romo did in that time period.
    Do you really think he will? IF the pack doesnt win a playoff game, think he will get the same scrutiny as romo got? (serious question)

    And romo was already getting the "cant win a playoff game after his second year..."- if im not mistaken

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,682
    vCash
    1500
    Can we wait until it actually happens instead of trying to predict the next 4 years?

    You won your game. Just take the W and move along.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,761
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    Do you really think he will? IF the pack doesnt win a playoff game, think he will get the same scrutiny as romo got? (serious question)

    And romo was already getting the "cant win a playoff game after his second year..."- if im not mistaken
    Maybe not as severe as Romo did. Remember, the Cowboys already hadn't won a playoff game in ten years when Romo was handed the keys.

    But yes, Rodgers will face some scrutiny. However, it won't be from a drought of playoff wins, but because he is Brett Favre's successor.


    It Begins...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,863
    vCash
    1500
    To quote one of the most recognizable figures in Americas history:

    Oh good grief.
    If the above text has offended you, please PM me your address so that I may mail you a kleenex.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Yay
    Posts
    7,365
    vCash
    1500
    i disagree, it's one instance, and it's not the same as a botched snap issue IMO, if anybody choked today it was the GB D.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,798
    vCash
    1500
    Rodgers played a great game and almost pulled of an all time comeback. In the end his two turnovers were the difference. He will get a pass because he is a Packer and doesn't get the hate that Dallas and Romo gets..




    NFC East Champs


    Philadelphia Eagles = Zero Rings and Wishing

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    301
    vCash
    1500
    did you watch the game?

    if tony romo was the packers quarterback wed lose this game by 40

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastPhan View Post
    i disagree, it's one instance, and it's not the same as a botched snap issue IMO, if anybody choked today it was the GB D.
    Yeah, he only kicked the ball into the Defenders hand. On top of his forced pass on the very first play of the game. His turnovers made the difference. No escaping that fact...




    NFC East Champs


    Philadelphia Eagles = Zero Rings and Wishing

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,761
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1265LombardiAve View Post
    did you watch the game?

    if tony romo was the packers quarterback wed lose this game by 40
    Why?

    Tony hasn't thrown an interception or fumbled in two months.


    It Begins...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,073
    vCash
    1500
    First of all, one playoff win doesnt make him good in the playoffs. He was playing a team they know well, at home, in 70 degree weather.

    As for Rodgers, he hasnt beaten anyone of signifigance really. The Packers had a cupcake schedule that they capitalized on. They pretty much lost to every good team they played (with 1 or 2 exceptions).

    He is not a proven QB at this point. He has amazing WRs up there, and throws a lot of high percentage passes. But he has some flaws which dont show up in the stat sheet, but make a huge impact
    Last edited by Giants99; 01-10-2010 at 08:47 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1265LombardiAve View Post
    did you watch the game?

    if tony romo was the packers quarterback wed lose this game by 40
    Well, Romo is playing next week and Rodgers is setting up his golf trip.

    I did watch the game and I saw Rodgers play great...minus two plays that cost his team the game (13 points off the 2 turnovers). And with the way Romo is playing right now he hits his WR for the game winning TD in OT, how did Rodgers miss that throw?
    Last edited by hornitosmonster; 01-10-2010 at 08:48 PM.




    NFC East Champs


    Philadelphia Eagles = Zero Rings and Wishing

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Jolla, CA
    Posts
    3,917
    vCash
    1500
    It's a fair comparison. They are different types of quarterbacks but both are in that very good level with the possibility to become elite in the future.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    16,338
    vCash
    1500
    Romo is a very good QB, I just think Rodgers is better.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •