Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 92
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    15,950
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants99 View Post


    Keep telling yourself that. He didnt lead 2 TD drives in the 4th quarter to give his team the lead or anything...
    And the Patriots didn't drop at least 4 easy picks late in the game, and failed to tackle Eli, and Tyree didn't make the most ridiculous catch off a BAD eli throw. And Eli threw a good pass to a wide open Burress that every starter in the NFL would have made.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    3,038
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants99 View Post
    Uhhh Big Ben has major concussion issues... you know, the same thing that ended Steve Young and Troy Aikmans careers.

    As for Warner, why did he do so mediocrely with the Giants? Why was he sitting on the bench for 4 years in the middle of his career? The facts are that he is a dome QB. He can not handle adverse weather conditions well, and he needs to have a couple of superstar WRs in order to excel.

    He found the perfect situation twice. Doesnt mean he sucks, but he is not a guy you can throw into any offense and find success
    have you seen eli throw in the wind? floaters. thats one of the reasons philly came to NY and beat you in the playoffs last year. Look, Eli is a good quarterback. certainly top 10 in the league. In order to be a hall of famer though, you need to be one of the top 2-3 in the league for a long time. a career 57% completion rate, 79.2 passer rating. to give you something to compare that to, trent edwards has a career completion rate of 61% and passer rating of 77.9. don't get confused and think i'm saying that edwards is a good as eli, he certainly is not. But you have to have great stats to get into the hall and eli is nowhere neer having great stats.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    15,950
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hurdler388 View Post
    have you seen eli throw in the wind? floaters. thats one of the reasons philly came to NY and beat you in the playoffs last year. Look, Eli is a good quarterback. certainly top 10 in the league. In order to be a hall of famer though, you need to be one of the top 2-3 in the league for a long time. a career 57% completion rate, 79.2 passer rating. to give you something to compare that to, trent edwards has a career completion rate of 61% and passer rating of 77.9. don't get confused and think i'm saying that edwards is a good as eli, he certainly is not. But you have to have great stats to get into the hall and eli is nowhere neer having great stats.
    I don't see him being top 10

    Brady
    Manning
    Brees
    Big Ben
    Rivers
    Romo
    Warner
    McNabb
    Favre
    Rodgers
    Ryan

    on the same level as manning:
    flacco
    palmer
    Schaub
    cutler
    (eli)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13,400
    vCash
    1500
    Brady
    Manning
    Brees
    Rivers
    Big Ben
    Favre
    Romo
    Warner
    Mcnabb
    Rodgers
    Ryan
    Flacco
    Eli

    Straight Flash Homey

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    3,038
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    I don't see him being top 10

    Brady
    Manning
    Brees
    Big Ben
    Rivers
    Romo
    Warner
    McNabb
    Favre
    Rodgers
    Ryan

    on the same level as manning:
    flacco
    palmer
    Schaub
    cutler
    (eli)
    yeah, you're probably right. he probably isn't in the top 10.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    1,741
    vCash
    1500
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Kurt Warner
    5. Brett Favre
    6. Ben Roethlisberger
    7. Philip Rivers
    8. Tony Romo
    9. Aaron Rodgers
    10. Donovan McNabb
    11. Matt Schaub
    12.Carson Palmer
    13. Joe Flacco
    14. Eli Manning
    15. Jay Cutler

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,271
    vCash
    500
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Drew Brees
    3. Kurt Warner
    4. Brett Favre
    5. Tom Brady
    6. Philip Rivers
    7. Aaron Rodgers
    8. Ben Roethlisberger
    9. Donovan McNabb
    10. Matt Schaub
    11. Tony Romo
    12. Carson Palmer
    13. Joe Flacco
    14. Jay Cutler
    15. Eli Manning
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:



  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,073
    vCash
    1500
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Drew Brees
    3. Kurt Warner
    4. Brett Favre
    5. Tom Brady
    6. Philip Rivers
    7. Aaron Rodgers
    8. Ben Roethlisberger
    9. Donovan McNabb
    10. Matt Schaub
    11. Tony Romo
    12. Carson Palmer
    13. Joe Flacco
    14. Jay Cutler
    .
    .
    .
    .
    32. Eli Manning


    Am I right?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the depths of the Dunabi Jungle
    Posts
    11,209
    vCash
    1500
    also, why is everyone rating ryan above schaub? his stats haven't been nearly as good. he also was on a team with the 2nd leading rusher in the league last year, so the entire offensive pressure wasn't on him. he didn't win in the playoffs, so the only thing ryan has had over schaub is that his team has made the playoff, but more so because of a better defense and run game than because of him
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the depths of the Dunabi Jungle
    Posts
    11,209
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants99 View Post
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Drew Brees
    3. Kurt Warner
    4. Brett Favre
    5. Tom Brady
    6. Philip Rivers
    7. Aaron Rodgers
    8. Ben Roethlisberger
    9. Donovan McNabb
    10. Matt Schaub
    11. Tony Romo
    12. Carson Palmer
    13. Joe Flacco
    14. Jay Cutler
    .
    .
    .
    .
    32. Eli Manning


    Am I right?
    no, we're not saying he sucks, we're saying you are severely overrating him. calling eli the 4th rated QB in the league and a shoe-in hall of famer is just ridiculous. i would place him around the same level as carson palmer, joe flacco, and jay cutler
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    1,741
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants99 View Post
    1. Peyton Manning (great player, multiple MVPs, etc)
    2. Tom Brady (up there with Peyton, 3 SBs)
    3. Brett Favre (The legend is still playing good)
    4. Eli Manning (Youngster on track for a spot in Canton)
    5. Big Ben (Hall of Famer so long as injuries dont ruin his career)
    6. Drew Brees (great fit with Payton on the Saints. Would not be as good elsewhere)
    7. Phil Rivers (Very good, proven QB)
    8. Aaron Rodgers (needs to show he can win games vs good teams)
    9. Tony Romo (pretty good QB. Playoff victory would be huge for him)
    10 Kurt Warner (Arizona is the perfect place for him)
    11 Donovan Mcnabb (Good QB dogged by injuries and choking)
    12 Matt Ryan
    13 Matt Schuab (good player, but still has not ascended into top QB)
    14 Jay Cutler (not gonna put too much stock in this season, guys still a solid player)
    15 Carson Palmer (overrated. above average QB, not much more)
    16 Joe Flacco (solid QB, will get better with time)
    17 Vince Young (has the talent, mental questions abound though)
    18 Chad Henne (This kid is gonna grow into a very good QB)
    19 David Garrard (middle of the road starter whos getting old)
    20 Kyle Orton (decent game manager)
    http://www.orokos.com/kippyhiller/gtfo.gif
    ^Please Do The Following

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    3,038
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    also, why is everyone rating ryan above schaub? his stats haven't been nearly as good. he also was on a team with the 2nd leading rusher in the league last year, so the entire offensive pressure wasn't on him. he didn't win in the playoffs, so the only thing ryan has had over schaub is that his team has made the playoff, but more so because of a better defense and run game than because of him
    And Schaub's lack of a kicker who can make a FG. the texans could easily have had 2 more wins this year.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the depths of the Dunabi Jungle
    Posts
    11,209
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hurdler388 View Post
    And Schaub's lack of a kicker who can make a FG. the texans could easily have had 2 more wins this year.
    yes, i am extremely aware of that
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,622
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants99 View Post
    Uhhh Big Ben has major concussion issues... you know, the same thing that ended Steve Young and Troy Aikmans careers.

    As for Warner, why did he do so mediocrely with the Giants? Why was he sitting on the bench for 4 years in the middle of his career? The facts are that he is a dome QB. He can not handle adverse weather conditions well, and he needs to have a couple of superstar WRs in order to excel.

    He found the perfect situation twice. Doesnt mean he sucks, but he is not a guy you can throw into any offense and find success
    So you say that Ben's injuries might keep him out of the Hall of Fame. Then you reference two quarterbacks who retired earlier than most due to injuries . . . and they're both in the Hall of Fame.

    That was a good catch with Warner. Kudos to you. He's a Hall of Famer himself, but he was only great when he had Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt, or Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. Not much really on the Giants. Maybe a mentor to Eli. And that's worked out perfectly, since Eli has only been effective when he has solid receivers.
    Last edited by ring91013144043; 01-12-2010 at 11:02 PM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    16,692
    vCash
    1500
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Drew Brees
    3. Tom Brady
    4. Phillip Rivers
    5. Aaron Rodgers
    6. Ben Roethlesberger
    7. Eli Manning
    8. Kurt Warner
    9. Carson Palmer
    10. Brett Favre
    11. Donovan McNabb
    12. Tony Romo
    13. Joe Flacco
    14. Matt Ryan
    15. Vince Young

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •