Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Just how good is this jets D?

Judging from teams over the past few years. The best D's would have to be 1985 bears...2000 ravens...just how good is this jets d? Would they qualify to be considered one of the best d's ever?

Good enough to beat the top teams in the NFL, but not good enough for PSD
    METS
    RANGERS
    JETS
    KNICKS

CHELSEA- CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!

They're very good but not an all-time D.

if they go to the superbowl will that change things?

They were #1 in almost every category defensively, if they carry the Jets to an SB win, I think they should be considered close to an all-time D.

if they beat the Colts I'd say they are pretty damn good....as long as it's not because of 3 missed FG's or some dumb *** **** like that

Jets have the best D in the league, easily.

Not sure where to rank them all-time though.

Their DL is stacked with strong smart defensive beats. The LB are all top notch, all above avg and athletic monsters. Their defensive backs are all hard nosed, ready to go scavangers. The defense is run by one of the best defensive coord in the past few years if not considered one of the best of all time. The defense also has depth, and a defensive MVP nominee. Even though Revis deserved the award, they still have a nominee. He is a true shut down corner. SHUT DOWN, LOCK DOWN... w.e u wanna call it. He stops the other teams best wide reciever, and not just LIMITS... he STOPS!!!! I havnt seen a great corner in years, since Champs prime years. When you have a guy who can limit a teams passing game you now can focus more on their running game. If focused correctly on, and you can limit a teams throwing and running then you ultimately slow a teams scoring down. DUH lol...

There not just keeping their opponents to low scoring but their taking on the best offenses and doing it. Revis shuts down the best recievers, and the jets stop the best offenses. The colts are going to be a true fight and challange but the jets will be prepared to keep it a close game i think.

The best part is if Sanches keeps it simple, he does better. And the jets offense look a lot better. There a running team, the thing I love about them is that they never stop the run. They make defenses confused on picking plays, its like when you take multiple choice test and u get skeptical that all the answers u have chosen are all B or something lol. It ruins a teams entire mentality... And their Run game is also so prepared, the right players. They have hardworking atheltic and stong running backs, and depth. The best FB in the league and most likely a top tier offensive line. Even their TE and recievers do well to help out the run

There a team thats ready for a true fight at #1

The right plays are always being called, home work and practice is obviously and clearly being done properly and successfully. They have so much depth

I will hold off judgment until they play the Colts.

If they can go into Indy and shut down one of the best QB's ever then I think they should at least be mentioned with some of the best D's of all time.

I will say though, Rex Ryan is a great coach and Darelle Revis is one of the best CB's I've seen in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I will hold off judgment until they play the Colts.

If they can go into Indy and shut down one of the best QB's ever then I think they should at least be mentioned with some of the best D's of all time.
    Sure, I can agree with this. Best defense in a single season, of course.

It'll be fun to see if they can put together some kind of defensive dynasty over the next few years with some solid defensive players (and a smart coach).

Those Bears and Ravens Ds have been good for a while. This is just the first year for the Jets D being great.

They are the best D left in the playoffs and are playing "lights out" right now.

I wouldnt rank them on the all time list just yet though.
    If the above text has offended you, please PM me your address so that I may mail you a kleenex.

LT said they were the best defense he's faced this year by far.

We wouldn't even be talking about this D if the colts and bengals played their starters down the stretch. This a good D, but missed FG's played the biggest part in their wins.

They by have the best kicker intimadation methods!!!

still not as good as the ravens and steelers defense last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerGal View Post
    LT said they were the best defense he's faced this year by far.
    LT also averaged 3.3 yrds per rush the entire yr. not exactly somebody who knows how to break huge runs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast