Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

If Halak is Dealt, Where Would YOU Like To See Him Go???

Not saying Halak will or should be traded right now(if he's traded, my money's at the Draft), but with limited trade rumours going around, we need something to bide our time, especially with our essential "off-week" next week(after Saturday's game, we don't play until next Thursday).

So, going through the NHL and looking at each team's goalie stuation, here's a list of who I believe will be looking at goalies in the coming months(the numbers in brackets are the players rank among the organization's prospects):

Anaheim Ducks
    Current Goalies- Jonas Hiller and J.S. Giguere
    Goalie Prospects- Mattias Modig(10th), Justin Pogge(12th), Igor Bobkov(16th), Timo Pielmeier(18th)
    Overlook Their are some rumblings that the Ducks aren't too impressed with Hiller's play this year, whether those are true or not is anyone's guess. Now saying that, I don't see the Ducks being a good enough fit unless they become desperate for a goalie and give us their 1st rounder, which is HIGHLY unlikely or if they offer Bobby Ryan for Halak+, which is not going to happen.

Dallas Stars
    Current Goalies- Marty Turco and Alex Auld
    Goalie Prospects- Richard Bachman(7th), Tyler Beskorowany(14th)
    Overlook- Both Stars goalies right now are projected UFA's and neither of their Top Goalie Prospects project as starters, so they're definitely in need of a starter. They don't have a whole lot in their system that interests me but they do have some big bodies that could come our way in a trade such as Jamie Benn and Fabian Brunnstrom(who's been rumoured available all year) or the possibility Ivan Vishnevskiy being available.

Detroit Red Wings
    Current Goalies- Jimmy Howard and Chris Osgood
    Goalie Prospects- Daniel Larsson(4th), Thomas McCollum(5th)
    Overlook- As the season has progressed, my hope of Detroit getting in on Halak has diminished since Howard's emerged as a solid option and with 2 decent goalie prospects down in the minors, the Wings need for goaltending isn't as bad as it was early in the season.

Philadelphia Flyers
    Current Goalies- Ray Emery, Michael Leighton and Brian Boucher
    Goalie Prospects- Joacim Eriksson(8th), Adam Morrison(10th), Nicola Riopel(13th), Jacob De Serres(16th)
    Overlook- Philly's already been linked to Halak a few weeks ago and I'm don't see any reason why they wouldn't continue to have at least a little interest in him later in the year and into the off-season.

San Jose Sharks
    Current Goalies- Evgeni Nabokov and Thomas Greiss
    Goalie Prospects- Tyson Sexsmith(3rd), Harri Sateri(5th), Alex Stalock(14th)
    Overlook- The Sharks might now have enough Cap Space to re-sign Nabokov after this year and though Tyson Sexsmith had a stellar junior career, he did play on a really stacked team in the Vancouver Giants and probably won't be NHL ready until at least 2012-13.

St. Louis Blues
    Current Goalies- Chris Mason and Ty Conklin
    Goalie Prospects- Jake Allen(6th), Ben Bishop(13th)
    Overlook- The Blues are another team who was rumoured to be interested in Halak but Blues President John Davidson shot down all those rumours. But they probably could use a goalie to go with their very young and very talented team. They have a lot of youth who could be had such as Philip McRae, Patrik Berglund or possibly(but not likely) David Perron or T.J. Oshie.
    2010 Eastern Conferance Standings: 95 Pts clinch

*1. Wsh- 103- XY
    *2. Pit- 87
    *3. Buf- 82
    4. NJ- 85
    5. Ott- 79
    6. Mtl- 78
    7. Phi- 76
    8. Bos- 74
    ---------------------------------------------
    9. NYR- 71
    10. Atl- 69
    11. TB- 68
    12. NYI- 67
    12. Fla- 66
    14. Car- 64
    15. Tor- 60

X- Clinched Playoffs
    Y- Clinched Division

vCash
    Personally I don't want to see him go anywhere the way he's played for us. If it weren't for him, who knows where we'd be in the standings if Price had played that whole road trip. Keep until the summer, he's to valuable and not worth anything that's out their on the trade market right now.

vCash
    Tampa because that could only mean one player is heading back in exchange...

vCash
    If we deal a goalie.. I think we need Gomez to go with em.
    That 7mil is gonna destroy our team, Inless he plays like 7mil but he plays like 1.5 mil

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riderpride View Post
    If we deal a goalie.. I think we need Gomez to go with em.
    That 7mil is gonna destroy our team, Inless he plays like 7mil but he plays like 1.5 mil
    I explained it in another thread a few weeks ago, but Gomez actually does become a tradeable commodity after next season. As it stands right now, he won't be traded. But as the seasons go on, his salary(not Cap Hit), goes down like this:

2009-10: 8 million
    2010-11: 8 million
    2011-12: 7.5 million
    2012-13: 5.5 million
    2013-14: 4.5 million

It reminds me of the Leafs little debacle with Bryan McCabe a few years back, teams didn't really want him because his salary was over 7 million but once it went down to 6, he became tradeable to a team looking to make it to the Cap Floor(Florida) and now currently only makes 4 million a year with a 5.75 Hit. I'd assume Gomez will start gaining interest mid 2011-12 but definitely in the summer of 2012. He'll be very marketable to teams like Nashville, Phoenix, Columbus, NY Islanders, etc. or teams looking to make it to the Cap floor.
    2010 Eastern Conferance Standings: 95 Pts clinch

*1. Wsh- 103- XY
    *2. Pit- 87
    *3. Buf- 82
    4. NJ- 85
    5. Ott- 79
    6. Mtl- 78
    7. Phi- 76
    8. Bos- 74
    ---------------------------------------------
    9. NYR- 71
    10. Atl- 69