63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tom Brady

15 23.81%
  • Peyton Manning

48 76.19%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    Yeah, except there's people who hate Brady so much they actually believe he's not a HOF QB.
    I was a hater. I don't take Championships into account, at all. They are for the most part, irrelevent. Even after watching that 50 TD season I thought he was overrated. And then he got hurt. And then he has had a good season this year.

But I just realized while he was hurt how great he was. There was such a huge drop-off in production, it was amazing.

Manning is better, but the bottom line is Brady is a hall of famer and so is Peyton.

Goffstown,New Hampshire, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    vCash
    Manning is the best regular season QB of all time. I guess that's all that matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZioAx View Post
    Manning is the best regular season QB of all time. I guess that's all that matters.
    The post season is a ridiculously small sample size that the W's don't really matter. The stats matter. W's are a team thing. Usually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZioAx View Post
    Tom Brady might not even be the best post season QB of all time. Aikman might be better. Hell, I'd argue Sid Luckman was better.

...but then again, it's stupid to argue a player's worth in terms of Super Bowls since that's a team effort.

vCash
    Stats are pretty similar. Brady is better in the post season and Peyton is better in the regular season. I'll take the one that is better in the post season.

vCash
    Manning V Brady is a rehash of Marino vs Montana. One has the stats and records, one was clutch and "cool" under pressure with still impressive thou not nearly as high stats but has the SB rings. Im with the crowd of "theyre both good, the argument will never be solved, and both will be HOF'rs" so theres my two cents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    Stats are pretty similar. Brady is better in the post season and Peyton is better in the regular season. I'll take the one that is better in the post season.
    The stats are similar? The stats aren't even close. What are you talking about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    The stats are similar? The stats aren't even close. What are you talking about?
    Pretty simple, really.

Regular season-
    Peyton: 5.6 TD%, 2.8 INT%, 95.2 QB rating, 64.8CMP%
    Brady: 5.3 TD%, 2.3 INT%, 93.3 QB rating, 63.3CMP%

Peyton throws more TDs, more INTs, has a better QB rating, and a better CMP%.

Postseason-
    Peyton: 15 games, 22 TD, 17 INT, 85.0 QB rating, 61.7CMP%
    Brady: 17 games, 26 TD, 12 INT, 88.0 QB rating, 62.5CMP%

Brady throws more TDs, less INTs, has a better QB rating, and a better CMP%.

Again, the stats are similar. Peyton is better in the regular season and Brady is better in the playoffs. I'll take the guy that is superior in the playoffs.
    Last edited by NYMetros; 01-08-2010 at 11:30 PM.

vCash
    Pretty simple, really.

Regular season-
    Peyton: 5.6 TD%, 2.8 INT%, 95.2 QB rating, 64.8CMP%
    Brady: 5.3 TD%, 2.3 INT%, 93.3 QB rating, 63.3CMP%

Peyton throws more TDs, more INTs, has a better QB rating, and a better CMP%.

Postseason-
    Peyton: 15 games, 22 TD, 17 INT, 85.0 QB rating, 61.7CMP%
    Brady: 17 games, 26 TD, 12 INT, 88.0 QB rating, 62.5CMP%

Brady throws more TDs, less INTs, has a better QB rating, and a better CMP%.

Again, the stats are similar. Peyton is better in the regular season and Brady is better in the playoffs. I'll take the guy that is superior in the playoffs.
    you have the qualiy based stats there, but no quantity.
    its the sheer difference in priduction that sets them apart.
    that is also what makes guys like brett favre great QBs.

a smidgeon of difference in postseason numbers does not offset being consistently outproduced and outperformed in years and years of regular season games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    you have the qualiy based stats there, but no quantity.
    its the sheer difference in priduction that sets them apart.
    that is also what makes guys like brett favre great QBs.

a smidgeon of difference in postseason numbers does not offset being consistently outproduced and outperformed in years and years of regular season games.
    Why would I use quantity based numbers when Peyton's played over 4 more season's worth of games than Brady has? Where's the logic in that? It's not a fair fight. Peyton's had about a 66 game advantage in regular season games. Obviously he will have more TDs and yards.

And those post season numbers aren't a smidgeon of a difference. They're a full season's worth of games against good defenses and Brady's got him beat pretty good. That could change this year if Peyton has an amazing post season and Brady has a terrible one, of course.

BTW, I would take Peyton and Brady over Favre every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

vCash
    zz my last post didnt post, so im doin it again.

Why would I use quantity based numbers when Peyton's played over 4 more season's worth of games than Brady has? Where's the logic in that? It's not a fair fight. Peyton's had about a 66 game advantage in regular season games. Obviously he will have more TDs and yards.
    you can use per game or per season stats to show the production.

Manning threw for many more tds and yards per season for a very long time.

And those post season numbers aren't a smidgeon of a difference. They're a full season's worth of games against good defenses and Brady's got him beat pretty good. That could change this year if Peyton has an amazing post season and Brady has a terrible one, of course.
    a 3 point difference in QB rating in 15-17 games, spread out over several years is in fact a very small difference.
    especially when compared to the 129 regular season games brady has, and the 192 manning has.

BTW, I would take Peyton and Brady over Favre every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    so would i, but if not for the quantity of favres production, he would not be ranked or perceived as great as he is.

vCash
    This is how it is...

Everything is about Peyton Manning...EVERYTHING. Just like how everything is about Lebron in the NBA. Pretty much Brady is D-Wade. The better player, that is underrated.

Peyton has always had targets. Brady hasn't. What happened to Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell among others..they're nothing since they left. Manning always had Harrison, Wayne and Clark.

The Patriots OL has never been better than the Colts. Brady gets hit all the time he has no protection, Manning has all day.

Red Sox

Celtics
    TOP 3 PICK
    Patriots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccspence8 View Post
    This is how it is...

Everything is about Peyton Manning...EVERYTHING. Just like how everything is about Lebron in the NBA. Pretty much Brady is D-Wade. The better player, that is underrated.

Peyton has always had targets. Brady hasn't. What happened to Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell among others..they're nothing since they left. Manning always had Harrison, Wayne and Clark.

The Patriots OL has never been better than the Colts. Brady gets hit all the time he has no protection, Manning has all day.
    I hate LeBron...he is a dick. He is better than Wade though. So is Kobe.

Dude...the 50 TD season Brady had 134 seconds to throw on every play.

vCash
    This is how it is...

that joke isnt funny.

theve been hyping up brady for years and years on ESPN b/c he was on a winning team, and often calling him the best QB, despite manning outproducing him every year.

vCash
    This is how it is...

Has it occured to you that Manning has a huge impact on who his receivers grow to be? Look at Collie and Garcon this year.

And the 'they're nothing since they left' - we have no idea how good or bad Harrison, Wayne, and Clark are without Manning, so that's a moot point.

And the Patriots OL has never been better than the Colts' is hilarious. Their SB teams had easily the best OL in the league at the time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast