Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is better?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tom Brady

    15 23.81%
  • Peyton Manning

    48 76.19%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 81
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,978
    vCash
    1500
    Now, I don't think this thread will do anything to sway minds one way or the other. Brady fans will use the rings and team accomplishments, while Manning fans will use the individual stats and performances. I believe Peyton is better than Brady, and absolutely hate it when people say "oh look what Brady did with weapons in 2007." Fact of the matter is, Brady in 07 had MUCH more than Manning did in 04, and Peyton still had a considerably better season. If Brady supporters can use the 07 season, then Manning supporters can use the 04 season, where Manning did more with alot less. THis article helps that argument.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...dy-did-in-2007

    It's pretty long, but it explains perfectly why one season was better than the other and why the "look what Brady does with weapons" argument is invalid, since Peyton has done better with less.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,878
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Intimidator View Post
    Oh my god I'm so tired of this debate! There isn't a week that goes by where PSD doesn't have a Brady vs. Manning thread. How about this: Brady and Manning are both Hall of Fame QB's. I think we can all agree upon that. If you don't agree with that, you're pretty damn ignorant.
    Yeah, except there's people who hate Brady so much they actually believe he's not a HOF QB.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,878
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroia_MVP View Post
    What a great idea for a thread, this has never been done before. Let me predict what happens. Each member picks his favorite team's quarterback. Then everybody else picks Manning and hurls ridiculous insults at Brady, the Patriots, and their fans. Arguments get heated, posts get deleted, and members get 3 day bans.

    You heard it here first.
    Yup, which is why this thread should be closed.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    Yeah, except there's people who hate Brady so much they actually believe he's not a HOF QB.
    True, but the people on this site who are actually intelligent do.

    Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Duxbury
    Posts
    13,681
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    Yup, which is why this thread should be closed.
    Correct-a-mundo.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Duxbury
    Posts
    13,681
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    I cannot believe the "Wayne, Harrison and Clark" arguments. Sure, they are great Wide Receivers, but the fact of the matter is, Manning is playing incredibly well WITHOUT Harrison and he is making Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie look like Por Bowlers.

    Everybody expected the Colts to fail because they lost Dungy, their OC, the OL Coach and Marvin Harrison, but here they are at 14-2 and Manning is in the running for MVP once again, yet Brady has the exact same Receivers he had in 2007 but he doesn't even get brought up in the discussion.

    Manning's career has been much like Marino's; a statistical monster that could torch any defense but always had very little good/great players around him.

    Manning is the greatest QB we've seen since the day Marino called it quits.
    I can't think of a single intelligent fan that thought that.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brentwood, NH
    Posts
    1,000
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    fair enough. But lets not underrate Troy Brown, that guy was great by all standards in my book.
    He was the Wes Welker of his era and one of may favorite players of all time.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,168
    vCash
    7100
    Haha, Brady isn't better. Stop using team statistics to try and prove that Brady's better. That's just idiotic.





  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,802
    vCash
    500
    I stopped reading when I saw winning % used as a 'stat' for QBs. Using that can be manipulated to say things like "Laurence Maroney is a better RB than Chris Johnson because he has a better winning % as RB."


  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16,506
    vCash
    1500
    Peyton Manning > Every QB in the league.

    Possibly one day:

    Peyton Manning > Every QB who has ever played the game.

    I don't like the "playoff wins" argument. Tom has always had better talent on his football team. The Colts defense used to be a joke, and Peyton would still get his team in the playoffs.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: | Yards: | TDs: | Avg:

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    16,009
    vCash
    1500
    Brady is a great QB. Manning is the best ever.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Goffstown,New Hampshire, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Posts
    3,008
    vCash
    1500
    I expect the usual playoff performance from Manning yet again. If he fails this time, he gets no more defending.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,233
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZioAx View Post
    I expect the usual playoff performance from Manning yet again. If he fails this time, he gets no more defending.
    So you pretty much expect Manning to carry his team again like he does just about all season, every season?

    Brady has had a better overall team around him, you know that, right?

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,802
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZioAx View Post
    I expect the usual playoff performance from Manning yet again. If he fails this time, he gets no more defending.
    348 completions, 565 attempts, 4207 yards, 22 TD, 17 INT, 84.8 Rate through 15 games. Would you say that that QB had a good season?


    ...because those are Manning's playoff numbers.
    Last edited by db75; 01-08-2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: input attempts and completions into wrong areas of rate formula


  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,561
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZioAx View Post
    I expect the usual playoff performance from Manning yet again. If he fails this time, he gets no more defending.
    There are more to a QB than a playoff win/loss record; something that 99% of all Patriot fans fail to realize. I'm glad to see the same boring arguments are being recycled over and over again.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •