Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tom Brady

15 23.81%
  • Peyton Manning

48 76.19%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Now, I don't think this thread will do anything to sway minds one way or the other. Brady fans will use the rings and team accomplishments, while Manning fans will use the individual stats and performances. I believe Peyton is better than Brady, and absolutely hate it when people say "oh look what Brady did with weapons in 2007." Fact of the matter is, Brady in 07 had MUCH more than Manning did in 04, and Peyton still had a considerably better season. If Brady supporters can use the 07 season, then Manning supporters can use the 04 season, where Manning did more with alot less. THis article helps that argument.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...dy-did-in-2007

It's pretty long, but it explains perfectly why one season was better than the other and why the "look what Brady does with weapons" argument is invalid, since Peyton has done better with less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Intimidator View Post
    Oh my god I'm so tired of this debate! There isn't a week that goes by where PSD doesn't have a Brady vs. Manning thread. How about this: Brady and Manning are both Hall of Fame QB's. I think we can all agree upon that. If you don't agree with that, you're pretty damn ignorant.
    Yeah, except there's people who hate Brady so much they actually believe he's not a HOF QB.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroia_MVP View Post
    What a great idea for a thread, this has never been done before. Let me predict what happens. Each member picks his favorite team's quarterback. Then everybody else picks Manning and hurls ridiculous insults at Brady, the Patriots, and their fans. Arguments get heated, posts get deleted, and members get 3 day bans.

You heard it here first.
    Yup, which is why this thread should be closed.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    Yeah, except there's people who hate Brady so much they actually believe he's not a HOF QB.
    True, but the people on this site who are actually intelligent do.

Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    Yup, which is why this thread should be closed.
    Correct-a-mundo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    I cannot believe the "Wayne, Harrison and Clark" arguments. Sure, they are great Wide Receivers, but the fact of the matter is, Manning is playing incredibly well WITHOUT Harrison and he is making Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie look like Por Bowlers.

Everybody expected the Colts to fail because they lost Dungy, their OC, the OL Coach and Marvin Harrison, but here they are at 14-2 and Manning is in the running for MVP once again, yet Brady has the exact same Receivers he had in 2007 but he doesn't even get brought up in the discussion.

Manning's career has been much like Marino's; a statistical monster that could torch any defense but always had very little good/great players around him.

Manning is the greatest QB we've seen since the day Marino called it quits.
    I can't think of a single intelligent fan that thought that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    fair enough. But lets not underrate Troy Brown, that guy was great by all standards in my book.
    He was the Wes Welker of his era and one of may favorite players of all time.

vCash
    Haha, Brady isn't better. Stop using team statistics to try and prove that Brady's better. That's just idiotic.

vCash
    I stopped reading when I saw winning % used as a 'stat' for QBs. Using that can be manipulated to say things like "Laurence Maroney is a better RB than Chris Johnson because he has a better winning % as RB."

vCash
    Peyton Manning > Every QB in the league.

Possibly one day:

Peyton Manning > Every QB who has ever played the game.

I don't like the "playoff wins" argument. Tom has always had better talent on his football team. The Colts defense used to be a joke, and Peyton would still get his team in the playoffs.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: | Yards: | TDs: | Avg:

vCash
    Brady is a great QB. Manning is the best ever.

Goffstown,New Hampshire, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    vCash
    I expect the usual playoff performance from Manning yet again. If he fails this time, he gets no more defending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZioAx View Post
    I expect the usual playoff performance from Manning yet again. If he fails this time, he gets no more defending.
    So you pretty much expect Manning to carry his team again like he does just about all season, every season?

Brady has had a better overall team around him, you know that, right?

vCash
    348 completions, 565 attempts, 4207 yards, 22 TD, 17 INT, 84.8 Rate through 15 games. Would you say that that QB had a good season?

...because those are Manning's playoff numbers.
    Last edited by db75; 01-08-2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: input attempts and completions into wrong areas of rate formula

vCash
    There are more to a QB than a playoff win/loss record; something that 99% of all Patriot fans fail to realize. I'm glad to see the same boring arguments are being recycled over and over again.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast