Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is better?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tom Brady

    15 23.81%
  • Peyton Manning

    48 76.19%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,018
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by X12Celtics3 View Post
    I understand that Manning's offense this year doesn't have as many weapons as the Patriots, but I'm talking about their entire careers. Brady won the Super Bowl with a bunch of average receivers and Troy Brown, which was when he had a great defense. Now, later in his career, he doesn't have the great defense, but instead has the incredible offensive weapons.

    Manning played the majority of his career with great targets, such as Wayne, Harrison, and Dallas Clark. He still has a great receiving core (Wayne and Clark) but has also proven that he can make unproven, young receivers better just like Brady can.

    Both quarterbacks have made unproven receivers look good. Both players have broken records with great offensive weapons surrounding them. Both players have won games with late drives, and both players have won games because of defense (Indy's defense seems to come up with clutch takeaways). This just further proves that it is completely a tossup and that it comes down to personal preference. There is no clear cut winner here.
    fair enough. But lets not underrate Troy Brown, that guy was great by all standards in my book.
    Last edited by DieHardColtsfan; 01-03-2010 at 04:24 PM.


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,018
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaSportF@n View Post
    Brady has 3 Rings Manning has 1... Ohh wait Manning has played 4 extra seasons to.
    LOL very ignorant.. read this post if you want to base soley on rings.

    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Please don't bring rings into the convo. If that's the case, then Big Ben >> Manning, which isn't true. Manning never had the team (defense) that Brady or Ben had.

    Let me just show you how important defense is:

    Tom Brady had his 1st full season as a starting QB in 2002. Since then, the Pats have only had 2 seasons where they didnt have a Top 10 defense. 02 (they didnt make the playoffs) & 05 (they got eliminated in the 2nd round).

    Big Ben has been in the NFL for 6 years. In 4 of his 6 years, the Steelers have had a Top 5 defense. The 2 years where they didnt have a Top 5 defense were 06 (they missed the playoffs) & 09 (they might not make the playoffs).

    Peyton Manning has been in the NFL for 12 years. Since then, the Colts have only had 1 year where they had a Top 10 defense. That was in 06, the year they won the Super Bowl.

    Concidence? I think not!!! There's a reason why they say DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

    Brady and Ben always had a good/great defense, while Manning has always had a mediocre defense. Hence why he has less rings than Brady & Ben.


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    fair enough. But lets not underrate Troy Brown, that guy was great by all standards in my book.
    I agree, Troy Brown was a great, versatile player. One of my personal favorites.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the depths of the Dunabi Jungle
    Posts
    11,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaSportF@n View Post
    Brady has 3 Rings Manning has 1... Ohh wait Manning has played 4 extra seasons to.
    trent dilfer has 1 ring, dan marino has none. does that mean dilfer is better than marino?
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,018
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    trent dilfer has 1 ring, dan marino has none. does that mean dilfer is better than marino?
    By no stretch of the imagination. good point.


  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,686
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pf289 View Post
    Peyton is better on pure skill an football IQ. But I will take Brady on the big stage.
    The big stage is what it's all about; individual season performance is meaningless if you can't seal the deal

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,018
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Reversed86Curse View Post
    The big stage is what it's all about; individual season performance is meaningless if you can't seal the deal
    What if your horrfic Defense or Running game failed to get you on "the big stage." Peyton is 1 for 1 in superbowl games. Not such a great arguement pal.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    555
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Brady is a sissy....................i heard he has 3 broken ribs, expect a dont hit Brady rule coming soon
    wouldnt playing with 3 broken ribs make him the exact opposite of a sissy......good logic tho keep up the good work

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,473
    vCash
    1500
    Oh my god I'm so tired of this debate! There isn't a week that goes by where PSD doesn't have a Brady vs. Manning thread. How about this: Brady and Manning are both Hall of Fame QB's. I think we can all agree upon that. If you don't agree with that, you're pretty damn ignorant.

    Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    555
    vCash
    1500
    don't give me any crap about mannings stats being superior to brady's.....manning has had harrison and/or wayne his ENTIRE career, and the first year brady gets moss and welker he throws FIFTY TOUCHDOWNS....im not saying peyton may not be the better qb, but dont try to use statistics as the crutch of ur argument when they are clearly biased because of manning's career supporting cast

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,713
    vCash
    500
    Pats O-Line is better than the Colts by far. Colts line has always been the product of an amazing line coach, Jeff Saturday and Peyton Manning. The guards and tackles aren't as good as the Patriots and never were.




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaSportF@n View Post
    The much-debated topic has always been who is a better quarterback, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Many NFL analysts claim Manning is a statistical magician who puts up amazing numbers whereas Brady is a system quarterback who is the best team manager. The thing is yes, Manning is a statistically better QB but not by that much and when your breakdown all the numbers, Brady ends up on top.
    Career Regular Season Records
    Peyton Manning 131-60 68% Winning Percentage
    Tom Brady 97-29 77% Winning Percentage (Highest Ever for NFL QB since 1966.min 100 starts)
    Playoff Records
    Peyton Manning 7-8 46% 4-0 in 2006
    Tom Brady 14-3 83% (2nd Highest Ever Behind Bart Starr)
    Head to Head
    7-4 Tom Brady

    In fact, Bradyís first start was against the Colts. Yes the struggling 0-2 Pats were playing the 2-0 Colts and Brady let the Pats to a 44-13 romp. Brady has a 95+ QB Rating in the 11 matches whereas Manning has a sup 78 QB Rating.

    Career Stats

    Iíll give this to you Brady does put up better stats except for Bradyís record breaking 50 td season. But you need to take into account several advantages.

    Running Backs
    Over the course of Manningís career he has had the likes of Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, and Joseph Addai in his backfield, all pro-bowlers. Meanwhile Manning has had Corey Dillon, Kevin Faulk, and Laurence Maroney. Not a close comparison. Statistical advantage for Manning.

    Receivers
    Before the arrival of Wes Welker and Randy Moss, Brady has always played with scrubs on the field with the likes of Troy Brown and Deion Branch. On the other side, Manning has always had two pro-bowl wide-outs, Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Statistical advantage for Manning.

    Offensive Line
    For years, Colts have had the best offensive line in the NFL with multiple pro-bowlers a year. Brady has played with an o-line of scrubs who are put together to fit among the system. Statistical advantage for Manning.

    Defense
    You say Brady has had a better defense playing behind him? Well take this, in 2001, New Englandís defense ranked 24th in the NFL. Lowest rated defense to ever win a super bowl. Overall though the Pats have been a little better. Statistical advantage for Brady.

    Coach
    Ok here I will give you the fact that Bill Belichick is a coaching mastermind. Thatís not to say that Tony Dungy wasnít good but Belichick was better. Statistical advantage for Brady.

    Dome Factor
    Peyton Manning plays in a Dome whereas Brady plays in the outdoor frigid weather of Foxboro. We all know the dome is known for offensive shootouts whereas Foxboro is known for snowy battles where the best team wins. Statistical advantage for Manning.

    Overall, Brady is Better
    All in all, people have this belief that Manning is a superior quarterback because of the great stats he puts up. The fact is they are not that much better and not nearly enough to overlook Bradyís overwhelming superiority in the post season, head to head, and within the regular season. I just canít imagine what Bradyís stat line would look like if New England had invested the same millions in the offense that Indy has. Brady has proven he can win championships and put up amazing numbers surrounded by a mediocre offense. When surrounded by an all-star cast Brady has shown he can put up historic single season records all better than Manningís himself. Manning has shown he can continue to put up unfathomable stats year after year. However the fact that he chokes in the playoffs and plays his worst when his team needs him most makes him far less superior than Brady. Fact is anyone who tries to defend Manning is illogical. This should not even be an argument. Bottom line is no quarterback ever in the new NFL era has posted more stunning postseason performances, team accomplishments, and amazing stats than Tom Brady. No way is Manning close and as a result Brady will always be number 1 and Manning number 2. The numbers donít lie and if not just look at how many rings Brady has on his finger compared to Manning. O, not too mention Manning has played three more seasons. In other words, Tom Brady is better, case and point.

    http://www.bayareasportblog.com/2009...arterback.html
    I absolutely love the fact how you ignore the defense side of things and the whole Spygate controversy, 2 really big factors on the success of Brady and the Patriots. Leaving them out would only make your argument stronger. Rofl.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    I cannot believe the "Wayne, Harrison and Clark" arguments. Sure, they are great Wide Receivers, but the fact of the matter is, Manning is playing incredibly well WITHOUT Harrison and he is making Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie look like Por Bowlers.

    Everybody expected the Colts to fail because they lost Dungy, their OC, the OL Coach and Marvin Harrison, but here they are at 14-2 and Manning is in the running for MVP once again, yet Brady has the exact same Receivers he had in 2007 but he doesn't even get brought up in the discussion.

    Manning's career has been much like Marino's; a statistical monster that could torch any defense but always had very little good/great players around him.

    Manning is the greatest QB we've seen since the day Marino called it quits.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    3,248
    vCash
    1500
    Manning, close thread
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

    "I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. NeverĒ -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

    Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

    Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

  15. #45
    Zep's Avatar
    Zep is offline Another Caucasian, Gary.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Manning is the greatest QB we've seen since the day Marino called it quits.
    Pretty much this. Don't get me wrong, Brady is definitely very close behind, but Manning is an absolute anomaly.

    Either way we're all extremely fortunate to be able to watch both of these guys play.


    Thanks to vick27m for the userbar.

    A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •