Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tom Brady

15 23.81%
  • Peyton Manning

48 76.19%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Please don't bring rings into the convo. If that's the case, then Big Ben >> Manning, which isn't true. Manning never had the team (defense) that Brady or Ben had.

Let me just show you how important defense is:

Tom Brady had his 1st full season as a starting QB in 2002. Since then, the Pats have only had 2 seasons where they didnt have a Top 10 defense. 02 (they didnt make the playoffs) & 05 (they got eliminated in the 2nd round).

Big Ben has been in the NFL for 6 years. In 4 of his 6 years, the Steelers have had a Top 5 defense. The 2 years where they didnt have a Top 5 defense were 06 (they missed the playoffs) & 09 (they might not make the playoffs).

Peyton Manning has been in the NFL for 12 years. Since then, the Colts have only had 1 year where they had a Top 10 defense. That was in 06, the year they won the Super Bowl.

Concidence? I think not!!! There's a reason why they say DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Brady and Ben always had a good/great defense, while Manning has always had a mediocre defense. Hence why he has less rings than Brady & Ben.

vCash
    Tom Brady's biggest moments happened to come with mediocre offense, though. Brady played most of his career with a great defense, Manning played most of his career with the opposite. Manning has never had to play a season with Reche Caldwell as his number one target.

I'm not saying that your argument isn't valid, I'm just saying that Brady's offense was just as Peyton's defense until 2007.

vCash
    its brady! all of you people are jokes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by X12Celtics3 View Post
    Tom Brady's biggest moments happened to come with mediocre offense, though. Brady played most of his career with a great defense, Manning played most of his career with the opposite. Manning has never had to play a season with Reche Caldwell as his number one target.

I'm not saying that your argument isn't valid, I'm just saying that Brady's offense was just as Peyton's defense until 2007.
    See Marvin Harrison pre Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison with Peyton Manning...

To every QB in the NFL, welcome to your own personal hell.

vCash
    Peyton is better on pure skill an football IQ. But I will take Brady on the big stage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles_Guy View Post
    See Marvin Harrison pre Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison with Peyton Manning...
    To be honest, I have no idea how good Harrison played before Manning came. All I know is that, on paper, Peyton Manning stepped into a much better offensive unit than Brady did. This is offset by the fact that Brady stepped into a great defensive team, which Manning did not.

vCash
    Tom Brady...he has more superbowl rings than Peyton Manning...Just a couple more...

vCash
    right now id take manning over brady no doubt.

wait till next year when brady is completely healthy and then we shall see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by X12Celtics3 View Post

I've had this arguement too many times.. well here I go again.

Marvin Harrison early in his career gave Peyton Manning a nice security blanket. Marvin Harrison (HOF WR & beloved Colt) did wonders for him and that offense as you specify "early on." Lets remember though, very early in Peyton's career his WR core was Marvin Harrison, Sean Dawkins & Terrence Wilkins. What is impressive about that? Yet Marv picked up ALL the slack and improved Peyton. Later came Reggie Wayne. Again b/c of Harrison, Wayne flew under the radar. Now he had Harrison and a young up in coming Reggie Wayne. You can argue Wayne was still way to young and raw to make an impact. Mainning then peaked when he had Harrison on the outskirts of his prime, Wayne getting his well deserved recognition and to add salt to the open wound Brandon Stokely. That was the year. 49 td's. Stokely soon left. Then Harrison's injuries came. This hurt. In the last 2 years that Marv was a Colt, a true fan now can tell you he had no business being on the field. Peyton gave him curtosy attempts, looks and throws. Which in reality took away from Wayne & Clark. He was very unproductive. This was proven when the Colts selected Anthony Gonzalez in the first round before Paul Posluzny or other LB;s in a year that our D was statistically the worst.

To stop the rambling and complete my arguement.

Peyton now has Reggie Wayne - 2nd year (rookie to playing time) Pierre Garçon & rookie Austin Collie. He is having the BEST season of his career in every catagory. (except Td's b.c of the outlier season where he threw 49).

That arguement you have does not hold water.

Lets not forget his horrific run game over the last 5 seasons.

vCash
    there is seriously no comparison here.. its manning who was reggie wayne and pierre garcon and austin collie and dallas clark before peyton..
    everyone already knew who randy moss was before tom brady
    not to mention the colts defense was always rebuilding during peytons career while the pats is just now declining and as for overall season record wait until brady has as many as peyton under his belt and then compare the percentages

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    there is seriously no comparison here.. its manning who was reggie wayne and pierre garcon and austin collie and dallas clark before peyton..
    everyone already knew who randy moss was before tom brady
    not to mention the colts defense was always rebuilding during peytons career while the pats is just now declining and as for overall season record wait until brady has as many as peyton under his belt and then compare the percentages
    I wouldnt say that argument really suffices. Before Moss an Welker, Brady had garbage at WR an still put up great numbers an won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    I've had this arguement too many times.. well here I go again.

To stop the rambling and complete my arguement.

Peyton now has Reggie Wayne - 2nd year (rookie to playing time) Pierre Garçon & rookie Austin Collie. He is having the BEST season of his career in every catagory. (except Td's b.c of the outlier season where he threw 49).

That arguement you have does not hold water.

Lets not forget his horrific run game over the last 5 seasons.
    I understand that Manning's offense this year doesn't have as many weapons as the Patriots, but I'm talking about their entire careers. Brady won the Super Bowl with a bunch of average receivers and Troy Brown, which was when he had a great defense. Now, later in his career, he doesn't have the great defense, but instead has the incredible offensive weapons.

Manning played the majority of his career with great targets, such as Wayne, Harrison, and Dallas Clark. He still has a great receiving core (Wayne and Clark) but has also proven that he can make unproven, young receivers better just like Brady can.

Both quarterbacks have made unproven receivers look good. Both players have broken records with great offensive weapons surrounding them. Both players have won games with late drives, and both players have won games because of defense (Indy's defense seems to come up with clutch takeaways). This just further proves that it is completely a tossup and that it comes down to personal preference. There is no clear cut winner here.

vCash
    Brady has 3 Rings Manning has 1... Ohh wait Manning has played 4 extra seasons to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pf289 View Post
    I wouldnt say that argument really suffices. Before Moss an Welker, Brady had garbage at WR an still put up great numbers an won.
    If you read my latest comment it will explain why the weapon excuse is overated when it comes to Peyton Manning. Also Troy Brown was the man, for the Pats he did it all. Greatest WR in patriot history. I know David Givens and Deon Branch's careers have fell off the map, but they both earned fat paychecks, and Branch did win a Superbowl MVP award over Brady.

vCash
    What a great idea for a thread, this has never been done before. Let me predict what happens. Each member picks his favorite team's quarterback. Then everybody else picks Manning and hurls ridiculous insults at Brady, the Patriots, and their fans. Arguments get heated, posts get deleted, and members get 3 day bans.

You heard it here first.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast