Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    p.a
    Posts
    1,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sharper1219 View Post
    It seems to me that the Afc has all the older elite receiver, while the Nfc has the young up and coming receivers.

    Afc top 10 over 28 y.o.(in no particular order)-
    1. Andre Johnson- 28
    2. Wes Welker- 28
    3. Randy Moss- 32
    4. Hines Ward- 33
    5. OchoCinco- 31
    6. Reggie Wayne- 31
    7. Derrick Mason- 35

    8. Terrell Owens- 36
    9. Torry Holt- 33
    10. Lee Evans- 28
    These three clearly fell off this year. Evans i doubt is because of age though

    Top 10 under 28(no particular order)
    1. Brandon Marshall- 25
    2. Vincent Jackson- 26
    3. Santonio Holmes- 25

    Then it drops off
    4. Mike Sims-Walker- 25
    5. Jerricho Cotchery- 27
    6. Mike Wallace- 23

    Then it drops off even more
    7. Kenny Britt- 21
    8. Pierre Garcon- 23
    9. Davone Bess- 24
    10. Mohamed Massaquoi- 23

    Nfc top 10 over 28(n.p.o)
    1. Donald Driver- 34
    2. Anquan Boldin- 29
    3. Steve Smith(Car)- 30
    4. Santana Moss- 30
    5. T.J. Houshmanzadeh- 32
    6. Nate Burleson- 28
    7. Roddy White- 28

    Then the drop off
    8. Roy Williams- 28
    9. Antonio Bryant- 28
    10. Bernard Berrian- 29

    Nfc top 15 under 28(n.p.o)
    1. Fitz- 26
    2. Jennings- 26
    3. Austin- 25
    4. Rice- 23
    5. Steve Smith(Ny)- 24
    6. Crabtree- 22
    7. Jackson- 23
    8. Colston- 25
    9. Calvin J.- 24
    10. Harvin- 21

    Drop off
    11. Breston- 26
    12. Nicks- 21
    13. Meachem- 25
    14. Maclin- 21
    15. Hester- 27

    It's clear to see the Nfc receivers are deeper and younger. Even the older players still seem younger than the Afc's.
    agree completely

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,671
    vCash
    1500
    You realize alt of the WRs in the NFC are up and coming YOUNG WRs give it time alot of them out performed some of the mentioned above and for alot of them it was the first time they were given a shot now if they do it next year again and then the following year again wouldnt that mean that they in fact are just as good as any of the ones you mentioned? Does that make sense? lol

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    744
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sharper1219 View Post
    It seems to me that the Afc has all the older elite receiver, while the Nfc has the young up and coming receivers.

    Afc top 10 over 28 y.o.(in no particular order)-
    1. Andre Johnson- 28
    2. Wes Welker- 28
    3. Randy Moss- 32
    4. Hines Ward- 33
    5. OchoCinco- 31
    6. Reggie Wayne- 31
    7. Derrick Mason- 35

    8. Terrell Owens- 36
    9. Torry Holt- 33
    10. Lee Evans- 28
    These three clearly fell off this year. Evans i doubt is because of age though

    Top 10 under 28(no particular order)
    1. Brandon Marshall- 25
    2. Vincent Jackson- 26
    3. Santonio Holmes- 25

    Then it drops off
    4. Mike Sims-Walker- 25
    5. Jerricho Cotchery- 27
    6. Mike Wallace- 23

    Then it drops off even more
    7. Kenny Britt- 21
    8. Pierre Garcon- 23
    9. Davone Bess- 24
    10. Mohamed Massaquoi- 23

    Nfc top 10 over 28(n.p.o)
    1. Donald Driver- 34
    2. Anquan Boldin- 29
    3. Steve Smith(Car)- 30
    4. Santana Moss- 30
    5. T.J. Houshmanzadeh- 32
    6. Nate Burleson- 28
    7. Roddy White- 28

    Then the drop off
    8. Roy Williams- 28
    9. Antonio Bryant- 28
    10. Bernard Berrian- 29

    Nfc top 15 under 28(n.p.o)
    1. Fitz- 26
    2. Jennings- 26
    3. Austin- 25
    4. Rice- 23
    5. Steve Smith(Ny)- 24
    6. Crabtree- 22
    7. Jackson- 23
    8. Colston- 25
    9. Calvin J.- 24
    10. Harvin- 21

    Drop off
    11. Breston- 26
    12. Nicks- 21
    13. Meachem- 25
    14. Maclin- 21
    15. Hester- 27

    It's clear to see the Nfc receivers are deeper and younger. Even the older players still seem younger than the Afc's.
    soooooo wheres braylon

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    p.a
    Posts
    1,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NyCsPoRtS1 View Post
    soooooo wheres braylon
    he hasnt produced at all in the past 2 seasons

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,713
    vCash
    1500
    I think Miles Austin is 7 on that list. He's better then Ochocinco and the others from 7-10.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wrong side of the Ssippi, WI
    Posts
    13,591
    vCash
    1500
    I'de take the NFC WR's...

    Andre Johnson is still the best but Larry Fitz isn't far behind. Steve Smith is still a great WR. Donald Driver one of the best crafty vets in the game today. Jennings his teammate sorta on and off but a great WR when he's on. The new comers DeSean Jackson, Sidney Rice, and Miles Austin all can change a game. Then you got arguably the most talented WR in the NFL, Calvin Johnson.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,987
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NyCsPoRtS1 View Post
    afc has beter everything every single position in pro bowl is better besides guard
    i disagree Chris Johnson and Peterson cancel out at RB, Stephen Jackson and Deangelo Williams are better depth of talent then MJD and Ray Rice. Davis and Witten are as good as Clark and Gates if you have the same QB throwing to each one. Jared Allen and Peppers are as good as Mathis and Freeny, hell you could say both conferences are equal all the way down the starters on defense.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Land Mass between Ala. and La.
    Posts
    1,537
    vCash
    1500
    Come on Colston has to be mentioned in top 5 in NFC.Its just how Brees spreads the ball around.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,988
    vCash
    1500
    Sidney Rice in a year

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Californ-I-A
    Posts
    1,552
    vCash
    1500
    heres the nfc's top wide recievers...definitely compable to afc's

    larry fitzgerald
    calvin johnson
    roddy white
    steve smith (Car)
    greg jennings
    anquan boldin
    marques colston
    desean jackson
    miles austin
    sidney rice
    steve smith (nyg)
    tj houshmanzadeh
    donald driver

    plus up and comers like:

    robert meachem
    michael crabtree
    hakeem nicks
    jeremy maclin
    Last edited by bchissie; 12-31-2009 at 06:01 PM.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    3,039
    vCash
    1500
    the nfc certainly does have a much better young core of WRs, particularly the NFC east.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16,698
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WIPurplePride View Post
    I'de take the NFC WR's...

    Andre Johnson is still the best but Larry Fitz isn't far behind. Steve Smith is still a great WR. Donald Driver one of the best crafty vets in the game today. Jennings his teammate sorta on and off but a great WR when he's on. The new comers DeSean Jackson, Sidney Rice, and Miles Austin all can change a game. Then you got arguably the most talented WR in the NFL, Calvin Johnson.
    I'm taking the NFC WR's too. I agree with this.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: 18 | Yards: 292 | TDs: 1 | Avg: 16.2

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WIPurplePride View Post
    I'de take the NFC WR's...

    Andre Johnson is still the best but Larry Fitz isn't far behind. Steve Smith is still a great WR. Donald Driver one of the best crafty vets in the game today. Jennings his teammate sorta on and off but a great WR when he's on. The new comers DeSean Jackson, Sidney Rice, and Miles Austin all can change a game. Then you got arguably the most talented WR in the NFL, Calvin Johnson.
    Jennings isn't as inconsistent as you've made him seen. He's only had two games of under 45 yards this year. He's had 5 games of 100 or more yards. In comparison, Desean Jackson has had 6 games of 45 yards or less, Austin with 5, Wayne with 4, Fitz with 4, White with 5, Marshall with 5, Moss with 4, Colston with 3, Ochocinco with 5, Calvin with 5, and Owens with 9. Consistency hasn't been Jennings problem this year. Jennings would be putting up top 5 receiver numbers if he got the targets Marshall, Wayne, and Fitz have.
    Last edited by sharper1219; 12-31-2009 at 07:15 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    3,711
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NyCsPoRtS1 View Post
    afc has beter everything every single position in pro bowl is better besides guard
    hahaha in your dreams dude the nfc has a waaaaaaay better d line and linebacker core than the afc and the nfc qbs, rbs are also better.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    16,249
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iced_earth4 View Post
    Yeah ummm... ok? Reggie Wayne is constant year in and year out. Although Megatron is good, he's on a bad team which he won't be breaking any records or become recognized as an ELITE receiver. And have you seen what Steve Smith did this year??? How can you even put him and Reggie Wayne in the same sentence together?
    Wayne has Manning so I take that away from him. Unfair? Yes. I admit it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •