Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

AFC Wide Receivers blow away NFC!!

Just wondering what people thought, I was looking at the Pro Bowl rosters for the WR position and the amount of WR talent in the AFC is just astounding. Sure, arguably the best WR Larry Fitzgerald may be in the NFC, but after that the talent just drops off. Not saying Jackson, Harvin, or Austin arent that good, but still. The AFC's top 5 are probably better than any of the top 5 in the NFC. I mean even when you throw in guys like Wes Welker, Hines Ward, Vincent Jackson, Terrel Owens, and Lee Evans, the AFC just blows them away. I'm also going by sheer WR #1 talent, not guys like Steve Smith on the Giants who get alot of catches because there is noone else to throw to. The NFC brings up the rear but you could make an argument that guys like Wes Welker and Vincent Jackson are more valuable than Steve Smith. My rankings

1. Andre Johnson
    2. Larry Fitzgerald
    3. Reggie Wayne
    4. Randy Moss
    5. Calvin Johnson
    6. Brandon Marshall
    7. Chad Johnson
    8. Santonio Holmes
    9. Steve Smith (Panthers)
    10. Desean Jackson
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    Yeah but I would say the AFCs cornerbacks blow away the NFCs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yboord028 View Post
    Yeah but I would say the AFCs cornerbacks blow away the NFCs.
    Do you mean the other way around? Because good CB's would lead to less good WR I would think....

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

vCash
    Another thing you could say would be that Holmes and Chad Johnson would be probably guaranteed #2 Pro Bowl WR in the NFC, whereas in the AFC they didn't even make the team.

vCash
    [QUOTE=vigilantex69;11847969]Just wondering what people thought, I was looking at the Pro Bowl rosters for the WR position and the amount of WR talent in the AFC is just astounding. Sure, arguably the best WR Larry Fitzgerald may be in the NFC, but after that the talent just drops off. Not saying Jackson, Harvin, or Austin arent that good, but still. The AFC's top 5 are probably better than any of the top 5 in the NFC. I mean even when you throw in guys like Wes Welker, Hines Ward, Vincent Jackson, Terrel Owens, and Lee Evans, the AFC just blows them away. I'm also going by sheer WR #1 talent, not guys like Steve Smith on the Giants who get alot of catches because there is noone else to throw to. The NFC brings up the rear but you could make an argument that guys like Wes Welker and Vincent Jackson are more valuable than Steve Smith. My rankings

hahahah just stop talking dude.

vCash
    I thought Rice was on the team, not Harvin.

Nets
    Mets
    Giants

vCash
    [QUOTE=robrobert13;11848309]
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    Just wondering what people thought, I was looking at the Pro Bowl rosters for the WR position and the amount of WR talent in the AFC is just astounding. Sure, arguably the best WR Larry Fitzgerald may be in the NFC, but after that the talent just drops off. Not saying Jackson, Harvin, or Austin arent that good, but still. The AFC's top 5 are probably better than any of the top 5 in the NFC. I mean even when you throw in guys like Wes Welker, Hines Ward, Vincent Jackson, Terrel Owens, and Lee Evans, the AFC just blows them away. I'm also going by sheer WR #1 talent, not guys like Steve Smith on the Giants who get alot of catches because there is noone else to throw to. The NFC brings up the rear but you could make an argument that guys like Wes Welker and Vincent Jackson are more valuable than Steve Smith. My rankings

hahahah just stop talking dude.
    ?

vCash
    you say there are so many better WRs in the afc but yet in you very own top 10 you have 5 from each. you also say that the afc's top 5 would beat the nfc's top 5. well i counter with Fitzy/Wayne/Megatron>Johnson/Moss/Marshall which by your rankings are the top 3 from each
    David Stern's Competitive Balance:
    Since 1980, the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Bulls, and Spurs(5 teams of currently 30, 16.7%) have won a combined 27 of 32 championships(84.4%)
    David Stern became Executive VP of the NBA in 1980, and succeeded Larry O'Brien as Commissioner in 1984

vCash
    Are you kidding? Calvin Johnson and Steve Smith (Panthers version) are better WR's than Reggie Wayne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WatWoudJordanDo View Post
    you say there are so many better WRs in the afc but yet in you very own top 10 you have 5 from each. you also say that the afc's top 5 would beat the nfc's top 5. well i counter with Fitzy/Wayne/Megatron>Johnson/Moss/Marshall which by your rankings are the top 3 from each
    Wayne is from the Afc though.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WatWoudJordanDo View Post
    Wayne is in the AFC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sharper1219 View Post
    Wayne is from the Afc though.....
    stop! i hit enter first!

vCash
    It seems to me that the Afc has all the older elite receiver, while the Nfc has the young up and coming receivers.

Afc top 10 over 28 y.o.(in no particular order)-
    1. Andre Johnson- 28
    2. Wes Welker- 28
    3. Randy Moss- 32
    4. Hines Ward- 33
    5. OchoCinco- 31
    6. Reggie Wayne- 31
    7. Derrick Mason- 35

8. Terrell Owens- 36
    9. Torry Holt- 33
    10. Lee Evans- 28
    These three clearly fell off this year. Evans i doubt is because of age though

Top 10 under 28(no particular order)
    1. Brandon Marshall- 25
    2. Vincent Jackson- 26
    3. Santonio Holmes- 25

Then it drops off
    4. Mike Sims-Walker- 25
    5. Jerricho Cotchery- 27
    6. Mike Wallace- 23

Then it drops off even more
    7. Kenny Britt- 21
    8. Pierre Garcon- 23
    9. Davone Bess- 24
    10. Mohamed Massaquoi- 23

Nfc top 10 over 28(n.p.o)
    1. Donald Driver- 34
    2. Anquan Boldin- 29
    3. Steve Smith(Car)- 30
    4. Santana Moss- 30
    5. T.J. Houshmanzadeh- 32
    6. Nate Burleson- 28
    7. Roddy White- 28

Then the drop off
    8. Roy Williams- 28
    9. Antonio Bryant- 28
    10. Bernard Berrian- 29

Nfc top 15 under 28(n.p.o)
    1. Fitz- 26
    2. Jennings- 26
    3. Austin- 25
    4. Rice- 23
    5. Steve Smith(Ny)- 24
    6. Crabtree- 22
    7. Jackson- 23
    8. Colston- 25
    9. Calvin J.- 24
    10. Harvin- 21

Drop off
    11. Breston- 26
    12. Nicks- 21
    13. Meachem- 25
    14. Maclin- 21
    15. Hester- 27

It's clear to see the Nfc receivers are deeper and younger. Even the older players still seem younger than the Afc's.

vCash
    afc has beter everything every single position in pro bowl is better besides guard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    Are you kidding? Calvin Johnson and Steve Smith (Panthers version) are better WR's than Reggie Wayne.
    Yeah ummm... ok? Reggie Wayne is constant year in and year out. Although Megatron is good, he's on a bad team which he won't be breaking any records or become recognized as an ELITE receiver. And have you seen what Steve Smith did this year??? How can you even put him and Reggie Wayne in the same sentence together?

Pittsburgh "The City of Champions???"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast