Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brandon Marshall

5 23.81%
  • Randy Moss

16 76.19%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Who's talking about prime moss, are some of you blind?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonPoweIsBeast View Post
    Who's talking about prime moss, are some of you blind?
    You can't control the way a conversation goes just because you started the thread. Any way you look at it, yesterday, today, tomorrow... the answer is Moss. Happy? You're like the kid who wants to take his ball back after he starts losing :cry:.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Ali
    “People do say I'm cocky, some say I need a good whuppin', some say I talk too much. But anything I say I'm willing to back up.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonPoweIsBeast View Post
    don't ever say Moss is the greatest WR ever. EVER. Irvin and Rice were much better, they didn't quit and they won superbowls.
    Just how delusional are you? How can Randy Moss not be considered?

Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    How exactly is Randy Moss "overrated"? He's set records for most touchdowns in a single season, one being most TDs by a rookie WR, and the other being most TDs receiving in a season. Not only that, but he is one of the main reasons the Patriots went undefeated (in the regularseason) and he was two TDs short of catching 50% of Brady's 50 TDs. If Brady didn't have Moss, would he of gotten anywhere near 50? No.

Its funny... Moss has been on two teams that have set the record for most points scored in a season. Then again, Randy Moss is overrated. I mean, Tom Brady was putting up amazing passing statistics before Moss arrived, and we all know Daunte Culpepper did perfectly fine without Moss.

2003 - Moss became the first wide receiver in history to average over 100 yards and one touchdown per contest over the course of a season spanning more than 12 games. Moss played in 16 games, setting career highs in receiving yards (1,632) and receptions (111), and matched his rookie mark of 17 TD catches.

He also joined Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Herman Moore, and Rod Smith as the only receivers to record back-to-back 100-catch seasons. Brandon Marshall and Wes Welker later joined this group.

He caught 90 passes over the first seven years of his career, which is second only to Jerry Rice.

Moss has caught 13 or more TDs in a season five times; only Terrell Owens and Jerry Rice have done so more often.

Moss has caught 17 or more TDs in a season three times; no other player has ever done so.

Moss has averaged at least one receiving TD per game played in four different seasons: 1998 (17 TDs in 16 games), 2003 (17 in 16), 2004 (13 in 13), and 2007 (23 in 16); no other player has ever done so

At the end of the 2007 season, Moss averaged 12.4 receiving TDs per season, an NFL record.

In 2007, Moss became the only player in NFL history to record four 100+ yard games in his first four games with a new team.

Moss has eclipsed the 1,000 yard receiving mark 8 times in his career. He is tied for 3rd all-time in that statistic.

Youngest player in NFL history to record his 120th receiving touchdown. (30 years, 313 days)

Is second on the Minnesota Vikings all time receiving TD list with 90. Cris Carter holds the record with 110 receiving scores.

Caught his 100th touchdown pass in 2006 against San Francisco (on a pass he caught with his legs), and he is the 7th player to have 100+ touchdown receptions. He was the youngest to accomplish this at 29 years and 235 days.

59 career 100 yard games - tied for 2nd all-time.

15th All-Time in Receptions (which is actually 14th most)

9th All-Time in Receiving Yards

Tied for 6th All-Time in total TDs receiving/rushing (which is actually 5th most)

For such an overrated player, he certainly has accomplished a hell of a lot... just look at the company he's in.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...&postcount=376

Oh... So if Michael Irvin is "sooo great"... Why isn't he mentioned among some of those names? Lol.

Randy Moss is the 2nd Best Wide Receiver of ALL-TIME behind only the great Jerry Rice.

If Brandon Marshall is better, why do the stats say Randy Moss is more productive?

Randy Moss:

Receptions: 78
    Yards: 1189
    TDs: 13
    average: 15.2

Brandon Marshall:

Receptions: 101
    Yards: 1120
    TDs: 10
    Average: 11.1

Randy Moss is still better than Brandon Marshall. Stats say so. The production is all there.

Oh, I see, your argument is going to be "he's a quitter and he can't block... he doesn't go over the middle either"..

If you had a Wide Receiver that could blow past 3 CBs and still score, or jump over the top of them and catch the ball and still score, would you send him over the middle? I sre as hell wouldn't.

Blocking? Lol. I wouldn't care less if he can't or doesn't block. He's Randy Moss. Randy Moss is the most dominant Wide Receiver ever with Terrell Owens at #2.
    Last edited by LegendX; 01-03-2010 at 12:39 AM.

vCash
    Not only is Moss better all time - no matter how much you want to make love to Brandon Marshall - but Moss is better NOW.

vCash
    Funny thing is.. people cant say Moss is a quitter and thats why they choose Marshall. Because Marshall is being benched potentially because he may have exaggerated the extent of his injury...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Funny thing is.. people cant say Moss is a quitter and thats why they choose Marshall. Because Marshall is being benched potentially because he may have exaggerated the extent of his injury...
    And its not the first time Marshall has been benched or potentially benched for misconduct or other things like that.

vCash
    Just how delusional are you? How can Randy Moss not be considered?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...&postcount=376

Oh... So if Michael Irvin is "sooo great"... Why isn't he mentioned among some of those names? Lol.

Randy Moss is the 2nd Best Wide Receiver of ALL-TIME behind only the great Jerry Rice.

If Brandon Marshall is better, why do the stats say Randy Moss is more productive?

Randy Moss:

Receptions: 78
    Yards: 1189
    TDs: 13
    average: 15.2

Brandon Marshall:

Receptions: 101
    Yards: 1120
    TDs: 10
    Average: 11.1

Randy Moss is still better than Brandon Marshall. Stats say so. The production is all there.

Oh, I see, your argument is going to be "he's a quitter and he can't block... he doesn't go over the middle either"..

If you had a Wide Receiver that could blow past 3 CBs and still score, or jump over the top of them and catch the ball and still score, would you send him over the middle? I sre as hell wouldn't.

Blocking? Lol. I wouldn't care less if he can't or doesn't block. He's Randy Moss. Randy Moss is the most dominant Wide Receiver ever with Terrell Owens at #2.
    wanna know something moss isn't better at than any active receiver? most 10 catches, 100 yard games. thats andre johnson, 3rd all time only like 3-4 games behind jerry rice. (not trying to make a point, just thought it was interesting considering all the records he DOES hold )
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    wanna know something moss isn't better at than any active receiver? most 10 catches, 100 yard games. thats andre johnson, 3rd all time only like 3-4 games behind jerry rice. (not trying to make a point, just thought it was interesting considering all the records he DOES hold )
    Andre Johnson is head and shoulders above the rest of the Wide Receivers in the league.

Also, I understand you're not makign a point, but this is really for the others reading this, but, Randy Moss might not have the most "10 catch games" but just how many times has he opened up the field for players like Wes Welker?

Let face it, Wes Welker wouldn't be a household name like he is these days if he didn't have Randy Moss opposite him. Now, I do think Welker is a great Wide Receiver and performs his role exceptionally, but realistically, its Randy Moss to a large degree that has helped Welker develop into the Wide Receiver he is.

vCash
    Andre Johnson is head and shoulders above the rest of the Wide Receivers in the league.

Also, I understand you're not makign a point, but this is really for the others reading this, but, Randy Moss might not have the most "10 catch games" but just how many times has he opened up the field for players like Wes Welker?

Let face it, Wes Welker wouldn't be a household name like he is these days if he didn't have Randy Moss opposite him. Now, I do think Welker is a great Wide Receiver and performs his role exceptionally, but realistically, its Randy Moss to a large degree that has helped Welker develop into the Wide Receiver he is.
    10 catches PLUS 100 yards
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    10 catches PLUS 100 yards
    I know. I was just making the point of how Moss opens up the field more for his other players.

vCash
    i know, im just messing with you lol

vCash
    I'm a Patriots fan, and I do have mixed feelings about Moss. He is obviously incredibly talented, but for whatever reason he just hasn't seemed to want to fight for jump balls and such this season.

Anyway... I don't think he is a quitter, either. He's had one game that I can remember in which he completely didn't show up, and that was followed up by back to back excellent games from what I can remember. He bounced back better than anybody could have hoped.

Also, Brandon Marshall obviously has some work ethic and personality issues. He was suspended earlier this year for not practicing hard, and now again he is being benched for exaggerating is injury and not practicing hard. I know that Moss had character issues earlier in his career as well, but since coming to New England he has done a great job.

vCash
    Not only is Moss better all time - no matter how much you want to make love to Brandon Marshall - but Moss is better NOW.
    Bestsigever, you are right in saying Moss has to be considered for best WR ever, mostly b/c I believe he is the best ever already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by X12Celtics3 View Post
    I'm a Patriots fan, and I do have mixed feelings about Moss. He is obviously incredibly talented, but for whatever reason he just hasn't seemed to want to fight for jump balls and such this season.

Anyway... I don't think he is a quitter, either. He's had one game that I can remember in which he completely didn't show up, and that was followed up by back to back excellent games from what I can remember. He bounced back better than anybody could have hoped.

Also, Brandon Marshall obviously has some work ethic and personality issues. He was suspended earlier this year for not practicing hard, and now again he is being benched for exaggerating is injury and not practicing hard. I know that Moss had character issues earlier in his career as well, but since coming to New England he has done a great job.
    I agree, and to further add to Moss' "character issues" those were mainly during the stages in which the two teams he played for (Vikings and Raiders) were playing horrible and Moss was virtually the only playmaker on the team. He's a gamer no matter how you look at it and everybody has off days.

vCash
    Marshall > Moss, Talk to me when Moss wants to play football.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast