21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brandon Marshall

5 23.81%
  • Randy Moss

16 76.19%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hurdler388 View Post
    let me just clean this up for you a bit. orton throws to marshall all game because royal has been hurt a lot and gaffney is just not very good. there is no way marshall is as big a deep threat as moss but the reason he is catching a lot of short passes this year is orton can't throw the ball down the field.

Tom Brady does like to spread the ball around but he isn't doing that this year. after welker and moss there is a huge dropoff to any other WR. he has not thrown to their TEs much this year and only to faulk a bit out of the backfield. i'd say compared to most teams the pats use their top 2 WRs a lot more than most in the passing game. moss' stats this year have not suffered because of brady spreading the ball around.
    1. That only proves my point. Marshall is getting passes because of Orton inability to throw down the field.

2. 7 of his 28 TD's went to his TEs. That's 25%, a decent amount. Faulk combined with his TEs have 76 receptions.

3. That's not my point. My Point was that Moss has produced big time even with another great threat opposite him. Marshall's practically a ball hog in football.

vCash
    You have to remember where Moss originally came from, The Raiders were a horrible team which reflected on his performance and his ability to get passes from a crappy QB

vCash
    this is a joke, a bunch of people picked marshall in this thread and they didn't vote, you are all jokes.

vCash
    this thread is laughable

the fact that randy moss has 13 touchdowns to marshalls 10, the fact that moss has 1,189 rec yards to marshalls 1,120 (not that much more), but also the fact that there is somebody else on the patriots who gets the ball more than randy moss does

and marshall has over 30 more receptions than moss does, so why doesnt he have more yards? because hes not as good end of story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpadresfan View Post
    this thread is laughable

the fact that randy moss has 13 touchdowns to marshalls 10, the fact that moss has 1,189 rec yards to marshalls 1,120 (not that much more), but also the fact that there is somebody else on the patriots who gets the ball more than randy moss does

and marshall has over 30 more receptions than moss does, so why doesnt he have more yards? because hes not as good end of story
    I have already stated in this thread that i think Moss is better but the bolded part is absolutely wrong. You are clearly biased as a Charger fan. The reason Marshall doesnt pick up all those yards is because he is a hybrid between a WR/TE. He is faster than a TE and bigger than a WR. He is more of a move the chains WR than a deep ball down field.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Marshall is very good. But this is...not close.

vCash
    some of you need to get over viking moss.

vCash
    I wonder how many receptions and TD's Marshall would have if he had Brady throwing to him rather than Orton? I personally think Marshall's potential is through the roof if he get's an Elite QB throwing to him. If Orton can hit him 21 times in a game, how many times could Brees, Manning, Brady, or even Romo, Rodgers, or Rivers hit him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I have already stated in this thread that i think Moss is better but the bolded part is absolutely wrong. You are clearly biased as a Charger fan. The reason Marshall doesnt pick up all those yards is because he is a hybrid between a WR/TE. He is faster than a TE and bigger than a WR. He is more of a move the chains WR than a deep ball down field.
    Part of the reason IS because he isn't as good, or nearly as fast. However, you are right. The offense thrives on short passes, and the fact that Marshall's average is as high as it is shows how good he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonPoweIsBeast View Post
    Wow, Moss in his league of his own? Take the vision of him in A Vikings glasses out will ya? Moss is the most overrated player in the NFL, He's not even close to being in his league of his own. He's not as good as he was in Minny. He's the biggest quitter/loser in the NFL.
    Dude what you been smokin?? Most overrated??

Randy Moss is arguably THE best WR ever to play the game! I'd take Moss over Marshall for my team.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    Part of the reason IS because he isn't as good, or nearly as fast. However, you are right. The offense thrives on short passes, and the fact that Marshall's average is as high as it is shows how good he is.
    Even last year with Cutler we didnt have him averaging but 12.2 YPC because it just isnt how he plays or the offense runs. Cutler and he did connect on a couple of long passes but it just wasnt his style. He is really a TE with "slow WR" speed. But it works for him and the Broncos so i certainly wont complain.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Sorry but the bolded fact is just wrong. If you watched the Eagles game you would see how well Gaffney played and that he rather good. In fact he has been our #2 WR this year. Obviously Marshall overshadows the rest of them but you are 100% wrong about Gaffney.
    Yeah i wish the Pats still had Gaffney
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonPoweIsBeast View Post
    this is a joke, a bunch of people picked marshall in this thread and they didn't vote, you are all jokes.
    Who cares?
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    don't ever say Moss is the greatest WR ever. EVER. Irvin and Rice were much better, they didn't quit and they won superbowls.

vCash
    I'd take Moss over Marshall right now. For Moss in his prime I'd give up Marshall and three 1st rounders. It's really not close at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Ali
    “People do say I'm cocky, some say I need a good whuppin', some say I talk too much. But anything I say I'm willing to back up.”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast