21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brandon Marshall

5 23.81%
  • Randy Moss

16 76.19%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Brandon Marshall vs Randy Moss

Who do you think is the better WR at this point in both of their careers? For me, I go with Brandon Marshall by a LANDSLIDE. I think right now Brandon Marshall arguably has the case of being the best WR in the league. Do I think that? No, but I think he certainly has a case.

Mike Ditka had said 2 weeks ago, He's the best WR in the game right now, while Keyshawn for some reason said Randy Moss, then again his name is Keyshawn so there's his credibility.

I won't give out super stats to point out my argument. I will just say who's better at what.

Brandon Marshall is the much much superior blocker, he's much better at getting the YAC, He's much better at getting the ball in general (see 21 reception game), and he has better hands in my opinion. Randy Moss is the better deep threat.......and.....that's about it.

Oh and don't throw me that WHEN MOTIVATED crap either, because according to the Broncos, Last season Marshall wasn't even motivated or putting too much effort either which makes him even more ridiculously better than Moss, especially if you look at Marshall's stats from last season.

Marshall has been targeted more times then Moss(132-120)Less drops(5-7),better percentage of balls caught thrown his way (65.2%-57.5%), roughly the same yardage and TD's. I like the fact he is harder to bring down after the catch and punishes the defense when they do try to take him down."Right now" I would take Marshall in any offense but that's not saying Moss is losing a step. I just think Marshall is starting to gain steam as the season moves forward. I also like the way Marshall blocks in the run game better as well. Moss is by far the better deep threat and has better speed. Tough choice really both are great receivers.

vCash
    mike ditka is the be all end all when it comes to analyzing WRs...???

vCash
    If I had to pick one today, I'd take Marshall.

But make no mistake, Moss in his prime was way better than Marshall is right now.

vCash
    Actually Marshall is thrown at more than any receiver in the league. If he is that great he should be catching more passes. But besides that at this point Marshall is better than Moss.

But when you compare their primes Marshall is not even in the same category as Moss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Brian View Post
    If I had to pick one today, I'd take Marshall.

But make no mistake, Moss in his prime was way better than Marshall is right now.
    x2.

vCash
    ^^ x3

vCash
    Randy Moss is in a league of his own. I love Brandon but if i could swap them right now 1 for 1 i would take Moss. But that being said i am not at all unhappy having Marshall.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Randy Moss is in a league of his own. I love Brandon but if i could swap them right now 1 for 1 i would take Moss. But that being said i am not at all unhappy having Marshall.
    Wow, Moss in his league of his own? Take the vision of him in A Vikings glasses out will ya? Moss is the most overrated player in the NFL, He's not even close to being in his league of his own. He's not as good as he was in Minny. He's the biggest quitter/loser in the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonPoweIsBeast View Post
    Wow, Moss in his league of his own? Take the vision of him in A Vikings glasses out will ya? Moss is the most overrated player in the NFL, He's not even close to being in his league of his own. He's not as good as he was in Minny. He's the biggest quitter/loser in the NFL.
    Randy Moss is an elite WR in the NFL. He had one bad game. I don't think he is in a league of his own either, and he isn't what he was in Minnesota, but an older version of Randy Moss is still an elite WR.

vCash
    Elite? Yes, but so is Marshall and Marshall is better.

vCash
    Yeah, Marshall is better at this point of their careers. But give me a 25 year old Randy Moss over a 25 year old anybody.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    Yeah, Marshall is better at this point of their careers. But give me a 25 year old Randy Moss over a 25 year old anybody.
    No question, by the way you should vote for Marshall then.

vCash
    Without Marshalls 21 reception game we wouldn't be having this conversation. I have to mention that during that game Denver's other top receivers were Gaffney and Royal with each just 3 catches. Denver wasn't exactly spreading the ball over the field.

You fail to realize we throw to Wes Welker more than Randy Moss. Tom Brady likes to spread the ball around to all his wide receivers. He's been known to do that for years. Just cuz Orton went crazy and threw to Brandon Marshall 21 times doesn't mean he's better than Randy Moss. Moss is still an elite down the field threat. Marshall is more a possession threat than he is down field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by i am bob View Post
    Without Marshalls 21 reception game we wouldn't be having this conversation. I have to mention that during that game Denver's other top receivers were Gaffney and Royal with each just 3 catches. Denver wasn't exactly spreading the ball over the field.

You fail to realize we throw to Wes Welker more than Randy Moss. Tom Brady likes to spread the ball around to all his wide receivers. He's been known to do that for years. Just cuz Orton went crazy and threw to Brandon Marshall 21 times doesn't mean he's better than Randy Moss. Moss is still an elite down the field threat. Marshall is more a possession threat than he is down field.
    let me just clean this up for you a bit. orton throws to marshall all game because royal has been hurt a lot and gaffney is just not very good. there is no way marshall is as big a deep threat as moss but the reason he is catching a lot of short passes this year is orton can't throw the ball down the field.

Tom Brady does like to spread the ball around but he isn't doing that this year. after welker and moss there is a huge dropoff to any other WR. he has not thrown to their TEs much this year and only to faulk a bit out of the backfield. i'd say compared to most teams the pats use their top 2 WRs a lot more than most in the passing game. moss' stats this year have not suffered because of brady spreading the ball around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hurdler388 View Post
    let me just clean this up for you a bit. orton throws to marshall all game because royal has been hurt a lot and gaffney is just not very good. there is no way marshall is as big a deep threat as moss but the reason he is catching a lot of short passes this year is orton can't throw the ball down the field.

Tom Brady does like to spread the ball around but he isn't doing that this year. after welker and moss there is a huge dropoff to any other WR. he has not thrown to their TEs much this year and only to faulk a bit out of the backfield. i'd say compared to most teams the pats use their top 2 WRs a lot more than most in the passing game. moss' stats this year have not suffered because of brady spreading the ball around.
    Sorry but the bolded fact is just wrong. If you watched the Eagles game you would see how well Gaffney played and that he rather good. In fact he has been our #2 WR this year. Obviously Marshall overshadows the rest of them but you are 100% wrong about Gaffney.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast