Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    That's better than slinging your seed all over

vCash
    alright....building my first gaming /entertainment p.c. should i wait for AMD bulldozer to launch in order to get a price break on phenomII X6? or will the price savings be minimal? Not doing Intel because i am striving to keep the costs down on this thing. Any thoughts here ?
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    ok idk what has happened, Windows protector keeps coming up saying a bunch of stuff on my H Drive is screwed and to click it to try to fix, today i turned my laptop on and everything on my desktop is gone, my h drive is gone, and i have no clue where to start!!
    NEXT ERA

NEXT ERA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by val_modus View Post
    ok idk what has happened, Windows protector keeps coming up saying a bunch of stuff on my H Drive is screwed and to click it to try to fix, today i turned my laptop on and everything on my desktop is gone, my h drive is gone, and i have no clue where to start!!
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

vCash
    Anytime I try to open any file, no matter what type, I keep getting asked "choose program to open file". This also happens when I try to open any program through my start menu. Same with all icons in my control panel.

I tried to restore my system to an earlier date, and I got a rundll32.exe "file not found"error.

I can't even download the mentioned malware or antiviruses, because I keep being the first error mentioned. Running Windows XP.

Thoughts?
    Props to VCU4LIFEGOVIKS for the sig

vCash
    Your file associations are broken. Some of the new variants of XP Antivirus 2011 and similar do that to the .exe association.

Start by downloading this with another PC, unzipping it, copying the .reg file to a flash drive and running it on the infected machine. After that, rkill/malwarebytes should be able to clean up most of the mess.

vCash
    I have a windows vista system restore trojan...trying to get me to buy ****. Mcaffee and Superantispyware can't find the virus. After doing a little research I was told it is hard to find because it usually attaches itself to a restore point instead of actually on hard drive (sometimes).

Anyone know what I should do, I'm working in safe mode right now.

Red Sox

Celtics
    TOP 3 PICK
    Patriots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccspence8 View Post
    I have a windows vista system restore trojan...trying to get me to buy ****. Mcaffee and Superantispyware can't find the virus. After doing a little research I was told it is hard to find because it usually attaches itself to a restore point instead of actually on hard drive (sometimes).

Anyone know what I should do, I'm working in safe mode right now.
    Malwarebytes Antimalware

vCash
    So, I have Antimalware, and I have utorrent.exe added to my ignore list, and it's working as far as outgoing goes (that is, I can download files), but it won't let me to send anything (i.e. upload). From the log:

19:50:39 Nate IP-BLOCK ***.***.165.249 (Type: outgoing, Port: 40520, Process: utorrent.exe)
    19:50:39 Nate IP-BLOCK ***.***.165.249 (Type: incoming, Port: 40520, Process: utorrent.exe)
    19:53:40 Nate MESSAGE IP Protection stopped
    19:53:42 Nate MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully
    19:54:36 Nate IP-BLOCK ***.***.165.249 (Type: incoming, Port: 40520, Process: utorrent.exe)
    19:54:36 Nate IP-BLOCK ***.***.165.249 (Type: incoming, Port: 40520, Process: utorrent.exe)
    19:56:04 Nate IP-BLOCK ***.***.***.177 (Type: outgoing, Port: 40520, Process: utorrent.exe)
    20:01:09 Nate IP-BLOCK ***.***.165.249 (Type: incoming, Port: 40520, Process: utorrent.exe)
    20:01:18 Nate IP-BLOCK ***.***.***.249 (Type: incoming, Port: 40520, Process: utorrent.exe)
    20:01:34 Nate IP-BLOCK ***.***.***.38 (Type: incoming, Port: 40520, Process: utorrent.exe)
    After that first outgoing is when I added utorrent.exe to the ignore list, but now it keeps giving me this incoming block.

Just did it again as I was typing this, in fact.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I figured it out. I had to add the whole folder utorrent was in, not just the .exe itself. I also made sure to add the whole folder AVG is in so it didn't get blocked too.

Edit2: Okay, so apparently it's still happening, just not as much.
    Last edited by natepro; 06-09-2011 at 09:41 PM.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Thanks for sharing this valuable post. I will try it.

vCash
    Ok so I just downloaded this HOSTS.MVP thing or whatever, I have no clue what it does. I've followed the instructions, and once you've activated it there's nothing left to do right? In the instructions it gave a bunch of different situations for activating/deactivating DNS...and some network discovery stuff.. I'm really disabled with computers so I don't know what any of these things mean. Care to give me an explanation in simple english anyone?

GO JAYS GO!!

Follow me @3mikee_

vCash
    Thank you so much
    PSN: Shtack_Bundles
    2k14.

vCash
    Does anyone know a place to download free music and not get viruses? I dont care if its a straight download or a youtube converter site, basically as long as there is no "DJ SHABALABADINGDONG" in the middle of the song.

Is zamzar safe? Someone reccomended it.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbucsfan View Post
    Does anyone know a place to download free music and not get viruses? I dont care if its a straight download or a youtube converter site, basically as long as there is no "DJ SHABALABADINGDONG" in the middle of the song.

Is zamzar safe? Someone reccomended it.
    ^ I use http://www.downloads.nl/local/en/mp3.html and it seems to be safe.

Btw the link for #2 doesn't work.

vCash
    hi there I didn't want to make a thread so i'll post my question here: when i turn on my desktop computer it boots up and goes to the starting windows thingy but afterwards the screen goes black and it does not boot up to the log in screen. If i go to safe mode my computer boots up fine and i can access my desktop. I really want to fix this can anybody help me here?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast