Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    this is

http://www.superantispyware.com/

run it in safemode if its that bad

vCash
    yea, just had a laptop die.

had is since 2002. got a virus, couldn't open a single program. oh well, time to buy a mac...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by enderandrew View Post
    Avast is free. I haven't used it personally. I do read a lot of anti-virus comparisons. The most recent one I read compared 19 products head-to-head. Microsoft Security Essentials came in 2nd for detection, was the only one of the top products that was free, and had the smallest memory footprint of all 19 products. That's why I've been recommending it as of late.

I run openSUSE 11.2 Linux (I can't recommend Linux enough, which is the safest way to surf the web with zero viruses ever!) and Windows 7 Ultimate at home. I do run Security Essentials personally on my Windows partition.

If anyone has specific questions about Windows security, or maybe even running Linux (really the way to go if you mainly use your computer for the internet), ask and I'll happily answer.
    ^^^^^ This this this and more of this

Linux is way better the Window when it comes to security. Now it is super easy to use too. Just as easy if not easier then Windows. The desktop GNOME environment is a lot like the MAC OS and the KDE desktop environment is a lot like Windows.

Run Ubuntu on all of my machines. Never ever had one virus, spyware, malware, or any kind of hijack. And it is not because of less people use linux too. It has to do with the architecture of the operating system.

No virus could ever survive in a Linux environment, period!

You can download and install Linux side by side with Windows and compare yourself for the low cost of $0.00 dollars. Yep 100% free

http://ubuntu.com
    Last edited by hihbidty; 10-18-2010 at 08:31 PM.

vCash
    I have worms installed in my comp but i dont have the admin password to download anything. Any1 any ideas

vCash
    ^ Google.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    Smart move
    Mac's can still get virus's. it is less likely but i wouldnt get a Mac just for that purpose.

vCash
    It's EXTREMELY rare to get any sort of infection unless you're installing a lot of crap software that shouldn't be trusted in the first place.
    i know. but you shouldnt do that on any computer. I think Mac's are nice, but they just cost SO much more than PC's, its just not worth it, in my personal opinion. and i would guess as more people get macs more virus's will come out for it.

vCash
    one of my friends has an Asus and this one other kid we know (but dont really like) has a Mac, both costed $1500, and we were comparing the 2 laptops today, and the Asus was a lot better. it had better ratings on everything in the systems rating in the control panel.

vCash
    It's not entirely the hardware that makes the difference. Windows is full of **** that runs for no reason and thats why it performs more slowly even on superior hardware. There isn't much to the Mac OS that bogs anything down. I generally have 3-5 different programs from CS5 running along with Safari, Poker Stars, Windows Live Messenger, iTunes and maybe one or 2 other smaller programs running with no issues. Now with similar hardware and more RAM in my PC laptop, if I ran all that I'd be getting pissed and start to want to throw the thing across the room. The Mac OS will always outperform anything Microsoft puts out because of this.

Oh and if he paid 1500 for an Asus laptop he better have gotten a blow job in Vegas included. Thats an atrocious amount to pay even if it has better specs than that of a Mac because they don't use better quality parts. I can guarantee the hardware is far cheaper and will fail sooner.
    he got it mostly for gaming. he put a new hard drive on it too, i believe. but i've played around with both of those laptops, and i would rather take the Asus. its not the Mac's are bad, but i personally recommend PC's

vCash
    Guys can ya help me out. My comp just started acting up and I have tried everything...I have a comcast cable connection and all of a sudden I got hit with an error and now my firefox and internet explorer and internet in general are having trouble loading and or loading extremely slow.

I restored my computer back to the first first day as a last attempt and still basically right out of the box it still is having the same issue.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    Guys can ya help me out. My comp just started acting up and I have tried everything...I have a comcast cable connection and all of a sudden I got hit with an error and now my firefox and internet explorer and internet in general are having trouble loading and or loading extremely slow.

I restored my computer back to the first first day as a last attempt and still basically right out of the box it still is having the same issue.
    What type of error if you still remember and also do they load up or do you not have any service at all?

vCash
    wow, this is really helpful. Thanks so much! I followed your steps for my new desktop. My laptop was getting owned by a fake antivirus trojan though. Its gone now, thanks to malwarebytes.

vCash
    Hey, I'm having trouble with Shareza, if anyone has any helpful hints or tips could you let me know.

The main problem I am having is a lack of quantity. There aren't a lot of songs that come up when I search. Second, if the song I want is there, it seldom downloads.

Thanks.
    Suck it

vCash
    I'd love any help that I could get! I've tried to follow the instructions on the first page but I can't even download anything without getting errors. My firefox crashes all the time, I get pop-ups, re-directed by search engine results and more. I'm starting to loose my cool, doesn't seem like anything will work. Any tips ? Should I re-store the entire computer?

Lets go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwabSquad View Post
    I'd love any help that I could get! I've tried to follow the instructions on the first page but I can't even download anything without getting errors. My firefox crashes all the time, I get pop-ups, re-directed by search engine results and more. I'm starting to loose my cool, doesn't seem like anything will work. Any tips ? Should I re-store the entire computer?
    It probably malware or spyware bugs.
    do you have any anti malware or anti virus already on your computer if so go into safe mode and run the programs. If not your best bet is to do a restore. Set it to the last time the computer was working correctly before the computer went haywire.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast