Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Trade possibilities

On japersrink.com they have posted some interesting trade possibilities and why we should and why we shouldn't do them.

Wings: Jason Williams, Alexander Frolov, Paul Kariya, Ray Whitney, Chris Higgins, Maxime Talbot, Lee Stempniak

Centers: Saku Koivu, Steve Ott, Andrew Cogliano, Peter Mueller, Jeff Carter

D-Men: Cory Sarich, Brent Sopel, John-Michael Liles, Kim Johnsson, Dan Hamhuis, Jason Demers, Mathieu Schneider, Andrew Ference, Henrik Tallinder, Jordan Leopold, Paul Martin, Chris Campoli, Lukas Krajicek,

Thoughts?
    Last edited by TheCardiacKids; 12-29-2009 at 05:09 PM.

vCash
    HAHA Cogliano I feel like I started that rumor

Anyways of the Dman you listed I like Hamhuis and Martin. Of the forwards I like Koivu, Cogliano, Mueller, and Whitney. Frolov is a lesser version of Alexander Semin.

vCash
    I like Koivu, Whitney, Hamhuis, Sopel, Kariya, and Cogliano. I like Kariya but his contract is ehhh.

vCash
    I'm not looking to get any of those listed. I think the Caps go after Ilya Kovalchuk.

Semin + Theodore + Erskine + a prospect OR pick (if necessary)
    for
    Kovi + D-man Schubert

Looks like the Thrash will not meet Ilya's contract terms. In Semin they get a guy who's a tick below Ilya, but cheaper ($5 & $6M vs $7.5M), and signed for 2 years. Ovi will hate seeing a countryman leave, but gets one in return. Semin's next contract will likely be near Kovi's, so you're really only moving that number up 1 year earlier. I think the Caps can get creative on a 6-8yr contract for Kovi.
    And before everyone chimes in on Theodore... IF he were getting consistent ice time, he's probably be a lot sharper. As it is, he's better than the Thrash goalies right now.
    Last edited by CapsSawxSkins; 12-30-2009 at 12:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CapsSawxSkins View Post
    I'm not looking to get any of those listed. I think the Caps go after Ilya Kovalchuk.

Semin + Theodore + Erskine + a prospect OR pick (if necessary)
    for
    Kovi + D-man Schubert

Looks like the Thrash will not meet Ilya's contract terms. In Semin they get a guy who's a tick below Ilya, but cheaper ($5 & $6M vs $7.5M), and signed for 2 years. Ovi will hate seeing a countryman leave, but gets one in return. Semin's next contract will likely be near Kovi's, so you're really only moving that number up 1 year earlier. I think the Caps can get creative on a 6-8yr contract for Kovi.
    And before everyone chimes in on Theodore... IF he were getting consistent ice time, he's probably be a lot sharper. As it is, he's better than the Thrash goalies right now.
    puff, puff, pass buddy. Quit bogarting that J because that's the only way you come up with such far-fetched ideas! From Atl's point-of-view, why in the world would they ever make such a deal?!? They have 3 stud goalies so Theo isn't wanted even as a throw-in. Their d-corp is uber young so Erskine doesn't add anything either. Not to mention Semin is bolting to the KHL if he's ever not on the Caps and has said this much. .... But i digress. I should have said welcome to the forum, where crazy trade ideas are born and die quickly. . Don't worry, i've made a few myself too, but learned to pass the J as well.

vCash
    ^^^ Great first post, I would love Kovalchuk to come to D.C. and sign a deal like Hossa's that's frontloaded, but I don't think Mcphee is ready to make that big of a move. I actually think we would have enough to sign both Kovie and Backstrom to long term contracts if we got him.

vCash
    Bring in carter!

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    We cannot afford Kovy, nor should we pay him the money. We don't need scorers, we need defenders.

Honestly though if our prospects(Carlson, Alzner, Johansson, Orlov, etc) turn out like they're supposed to, then we might not even have to make moves. Of course for the present if we want to win now we need to make a move for a Dman, a physical one.

vCash
    we need cheaper people #1 a defensive dman before anything maybe reghr from calgary or someone like that 2# dont trade semin,backstrom,green, their the core of the team now and the furture dont know why you guys always want to

vCash
    I think we should trade semin though. He is good 50 percent of the time and turns the puck over and looks disinterested the other 50 percent of the time. Also I don't understand why BB puts semin with backs and ov, the lines become too uneven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockthered19 View Post
    I think we should trade semin though. He is good 50 percent of the time and turns the puck over and looks disinterested the other 50 percent of the time. Also I don't understand why BB puts semin with backs and ov, the lines become too uneven.
    x2

The game against San Jose made it absolutely apparent that we need that physical shutdown Dman or else this team will have another early exit from the playoffs again.

vCash
    trading semin isnt the answer we have plenty of prospects and cap space now

vCash
    None of those defenseman you listed are the material that the Caps are after. I have a feeling in the next few days you might see Forsberg coming over to the Caps. (I'm out of date with the news on Forsberg so correct me if he has decided not to return to the NHL) After that, they will probably make a trade for a high caliber defensive defenseman at the deadline including these players.

One of these 3 - Fehr, Flash, Semin

Neuvirth

and possibly a Pick.

Neuvirth has put us in the same situation as Kolzig/Dafoe. He is on his contract year and I think the Caps will want a veteran presence to backup Varly next year.

vCash
    ^^^ We might work a deal like this:

Regehr or Phaneuf or Bouwmeester
    for
    Semin, Fehr + picks

With the pick #s depending on the player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCardiacKids View Post
    ^^^ We might work a deal like this:

Regehr or Phaneuf or Bouwmeester
    for
    Semin, Fehr + picks

With the pick #s depending on the player
    Semin ain't going anywhere but I do agree Fehr, picks and prospects are our most appealing assets we'll give up first. (I also wouldn't mind seeing ShaneMo flipped since we wont sign him and he sucks).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast