Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatoo View Post
    Wait what? Did you read any of my posts, i bumped this because of what people where saying after Hammels 09 season, of course he has been having a great season with the 8th best xFIP in the NL... or do you not understand sarcasm?
    wow my bad dude. i thought you were being literal, and ignorant based on what you said. sarcasm is hard to
    understand on this site. we got all these idiots running around, talking about about dumb ****, and throwing thir own opinions out there, but in all reality not having a clue. so, you cant really blame me for that.

Last edited by BigLee53; 09-05-2010 at 02:51 AM.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    Who would have thought that the lowly Mets(and I do mean lowly) would lead the entire MLB in shutouts and me 6th in team ERA lol

Not exactly sure how well their starting pitching staff has been performing relative to the rest of the league, but I do know that they have been over performing.

So far, the Braves staff has proven to be the best, but comparing now between the Braves and Phillies would be interesting since the acquisition of Oswalt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    Who would have thought that the lowly Mets(and I do mean lowly) would lead the entire MLB in shutouts and me 6th in team ERA lol

Not exactly sure how well their starting pitching staff has been performing relative to the rest of the league, but I do know that they have been over performing.

So far, the Braves staff has proven to be the best, but comparing now between the Braves and Phillies would be interesting since the acquisition of Oswalt.
    Since you asked, here's a quick comparison:

SINCE THE ALL-STAR BREAK

Halladay: 2.90 ERA -- 1.04 WHIP -- 8.1 K/9
    Hamels: 1.96 ERA -- 0.93 WHIP -- 10.2 K/9
    Oswalt: 1.98 ERA -- 0.93 WHIP -- 7.6 K/9

Hudson: 3.09 ERA -- 1.13 WHIP -- 6.7 K/9
    Hanson: 2.74 ERA -- 0.98 WHIP -- 6.2 K/9
    Lowe: 3.98 ERA -- 1.36 WHIP -- 7.2 K/9

Clearly, the Phillies staff has perfomed much better than the Braves' since the break.

vCash
    Hamels has looked pretty sick
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ritz View Post
    Hamels has looked pretty sick
    Yeah, it's quite impressive.

The thing that a lot of people haven't realized is that Hamels' fastball has really improved; he is now sitting at 92-94, touching 95...in past years, he was 89-91, rarely hitting 92.

The spike in his K/9 is largely due to this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567