Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    1-5 the braves have the best rotation. just b/c the phillies got roy holliday doesnt mean ****. did toronto have the best rotation when roy was on their team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdolan74 View Post
    Roy Halladay is an ace. But Hudson's career ERA is about the same as his so they are pretty even steven and Hudson pitched fantastic returning from surgery. Hamels is in the same boat with Lowe. Great pitcher coming off a crap year. Hanson and Happ are two outstanding young pitchers coming off outstanding rookie campaigns.

No man.....Just no.

vCash
    It pains me to not put the Phils first but I need to try and be objective so:

1. Braves
    2. Phils
    3. Marlins
    4. Mets (if healthy)
    5. Nationals (I not sold on minor leagures and draft picks based on hype, lets see Strasburg when he makes the majors...I would keep in the minors for atleast the start of the year to get some more polish)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    1-5 the braves have the best rotation. just b/c the phillies got roy holliday doesnt mean ****. did toronto have the best rotation when roy was on their team?
    Yes the phillies got Halladay. You are over looking a very big piece to that puzzle... Braves also lost their number 1 pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan1582 View Post
    Let's compare Phillies and Braves 1-5

1. Halladay - Hudson (Phillies)
    2. Hamels - Lowe (Push)
    3. Blanton - Jurrijens (Braves)
    4. Happ - Hanson (Braves)
    5. TBD - Kawakami (Braves)

So the way I see it from 1-5 I have to give the Braves the edge.

I agree on your point that the Braves rotation is better 1-thru-5. Halladay is the best in baseball, but I am not sold with Hamels. His raw ability is undeniable, but we need to see him return to 2008 form before he is viewed as a top-ten guy. Right now I would even take Jurrjens' ability and makeup over Hamels. Lowe and Blanton are both innings guys at this point, although I would give Lowe the edge in terms of veteran guile. Happ and Hanson are x-factors in this debate because both have the potential to lead their respective staffs to the next level. And if we are considering Jamie Moyer the default #5, I would say the Braves win it easily in terms of a FIVE man rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    Yes the phillies got Halladay. You are over looking a very big piece to that puzzle... Braves also lost their number 1 pitcher.
    but its kind of a wash b/c hudson is coming back.

vCash
    but its kind of a wash b/c hudson is coming back.
    Its certainty not a wash. In case you don't really know what the expression means let me use this example.

You have 5 juicy apples. You give someone 1 juciy apple. You have four juicy apples.

In this example Hudson is one of the juicy apples you already had. So by your quote having 4 juicy apples is the same as having 5 and that's just inaccurate.

Now if they signed another number 1 pitcher and kept Hudson you would be correct but 4 does not equal 5. So this is by no definition a wash.

vCash
    Vazquez is a pretty big loss for the Braves. Before they could have thrown out Vazquez, Hudson, Lowe, Hanson & Jurrjens (sp). Now they've taken away Vazquez and effectively given his starts to Kawakami. That's a pretty significant downgrade. You're also putting a ton of faith in Hudson who threw all of 42 innings last year after coming off a significant injury.

The Phils rotation is better than the Braves. The Phils top 2 (Doc/Hamels) is significantly better than Hudson and a declining Lowe. The Braves back end is stronger with Hanson/Jurrjens over Blanton & Happ. But at this point the Braves rotation is weaker than the Phils.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    2 years ago, yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Vazquez is a pretty big loss for the Braves. Before they could have thrown out Vazquez, Hudson, Lowe, Hanson & Jurrjens (sp). Now they've taken away Vazquez and effectively given his starts to Kawakami. That's a pretty significant downgrade. You're also putting a ton of faith in Hudson who threw all of 42 innings last year after coming off a significant injury.

The Phils rotation is better than the Braves. The Phils top 2 (Doc/Hamels) is significantly better than Hudson and a declining Lowe. The Braves back end is stronger with Hanson/Jurrjens over Blanton & Happ. But at this point the Braves rotation is weaker than the Phils.
    Hanson may start the year at the back of the rotation,but i wouldn't be surprised if he's not their ace by end of thge year. Maybe 17to 18 wins

vCash
    Braves.
    Phillies.
    Marlins. --> Have more potential than the Phillies but aren't better as long as Volstad is inconsistent.
    Mets.
    Nats.
    Suck it

vCash
    Hudson 148-78 3.49 era
    halladay 148-76 3.43 era.

That is pretty closed to me.

vCash

YOU GOT ONLY 4 MEN ROTATIONS ? WHAT ABOUT # 5 MOYER-KAWAKAMY
    AND LOWE IS NOT # 2 FOR BRAVES. # 2 IS JURRJENS.

vCash
    As a Phillies fan I will even say

1. Braves(best 1-5)
    2. Phillies(questions around #5)
    3. Marlins(young pitching means inconsistency sometimes)
    4. Mets(they still have Johan who is top 3 in the league when healthy)
    5. Nationals(Strasburg is a ? and they have a career #3-4 pitcher as their Ace in Marquis)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igPay atinLay View Post
    Its certainty not a wash. In case you don't really know what the expression means let me use this example.

You have 5 juicy apples. You give someone 1 juciy apple. You have four juicy apples.

In this example Hudson is one of the juicy apples you already had. So by your quote having 4 juicy apples is the same as having 5 and that's just inaccurate.

Now if they signed another number 1 pitcher and kept Hudson you would be correct but 4 does not equal 5. So this is by no definition a wash.
    do you really know what the expression means? you do realize hudson was hurt last year right? He started maybe 3 or 4 games towards the end of the season. so ummm yea.. i stand corrected. javy leaves and tim takes his spot. maybe its not a total wash since javy is coming off a cy young season and hudson is coming of tommy john surgery, but its pretty close.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast