Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    I thought the 1-0 game was a great game. Forgot Stieb tossed 2 like that

Stieb actually lost a no hitter in the 9th FOUR times.

8/24/85 vs White Sox (broken up by Rudy Law with none out)
    those two previously mentioned in '88
    and 8/4/89 vs the Yanks (broken by Roberto Kelly with 2 out)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cpdevine1 View Post

thanks for these. i really wish i could've seen this guy pitch. it's hard to imagine taking a no-hitter into the ninth 4 times and ending up one-hitters every time...what are the odds? i guess fifth times the charm.

when i was looking up mcgowan's no-hit bid, the article said he was the 6th blue jay pitcher to take a no-hitter into the ninth. is this correct? or is the article supposed to be: it's the 6th time toronto has taken a no-hit bid into the ninth and only ended up with a one hitter? (steib's 4 + halladay's 1 + mcgowan's 1 = 6). did this happen to 3 other toronto pitchers?

another game that i found was clemen's 18 K game on aug 25, 1998. That's a game i'd like to see as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    What happened to that guy? He dropped off the face of the earth.
    He is trying his hand at acting...he played an extra in Lord of the Rings as a Hobit...he is rumoured to be up for the role of Bilbo in the Hobit

vCash

games

I could watch the 15-14 rain soaked WS game in Philly over and over and never get bored.

As for moments the Carter Hr(off Williams), Alomar Hr(off Eckersly), Devo Catch(WS 92), are some real key plays that never get boring. Heck I even enjoyed Alomar doin the tomahawk chop from 3rd the one world series.

I wish they had the Jays 92-93 vhs on dvd. I wished theyd show the 15-14 on TSN or ESPN classic.

vCash
    The 1993 ALCS against the White Sox never really gets much mention but there were some good games there - just not as memorable as the 1992 ALCS or either WS. The final game of the 1993 ALCS (October 12, 1993) was pretty good as the Jays went into the 9th inning with a slim 3-2 lead and scored 3 in the inning to put the game out of reach with a Devon White HR and Paul Molitor triple. Dave Stewart got the win, Duane Ward got the save.

vCash
    While we're on the topic, anybody know where I could get an uncut replay of all the games of the 92 and 93 world series. I'm only 18, so I never got to experience it, but it would be fun to watch it. I have highlights of the games so that's not what I'm looking for.
    The Blue Jays won every game for the rest of the season.

vCash
    ^^^ hopefully they'll release the 92 and 93 world series as one of those collector's edition sets because those were two great world series'.

vCash
    I dont remember any games for some reason.

Wut stands out is the Walk off home run Vernon Wells hit off of Rivera. The place went nuts. That game was the pinnacle of the Roy Halladay era.....sadly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFanGuy View Post
    thanks for these. i really wish i could've seen this guy pitch. it's hard to imagine taking a no-hitter into the ninth 4 times and ending up one-hitters every time...what are the odds? i guess fifth times the charm.
    Heh...I even have the poster: Dave Steib [subtitle] And then he was perfect...

I know that we are all misty over losing Halladay around here, but I still look at Steib as my favourite Blue Jay pitcher ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Realist View Post
    While we're on the topic, anybody know where I could get an uncut replay of all the games of the 92 and 93 world series. I'm only 18, so I never got to experience it, but it would be fun to watch it. I have highlights of the games so that's not what I'm looking for.
    There were VHS videos of each - I have them both. So far, the only thing I have seen on DVD is a single disc that summarizes both the 92 and 93 seasons. (Have that too). The individual tapes were better - and dedicated to the post season only. All are published by MLB.

vCash

Unreal Stieb could be that close to 5 no-nos. He had amazing stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Unreal Stieb could be that close to 5 no-nos. He had amazing stuff.

he had more than that too...there were 2 or 3 other one hitters that I didn't list, because he gave up the hit before the 9th inning.

vCash
    It was in April in 2006 when Vernon Wells hit 3 home runs and Troy Glaus hit two in the same game it was awesome. I was at the game, the atmosphere was amazing and when BJ Ryan came in at the end of the game the crowd just lost it. We were so happy (at the time) to see BJ Ryan come in and shut the door, that has to be one of the greatest in my opinion but thats only because I was at the game.

vCash
    he had more than that too...there were 2 or 3 other one hitters that I didn't list, because he gave up the hit before the 9th inning.
    how many toronto pitchers have carried a no-hitter into the ninth only to lose it. happened to steib, halladay, and mcgowan. anyone else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFanGuy View Post
    how many toronto pitchers have carried a no-hitter into the ninth only to lose it. happened to steib, halladay, and mcgowan. anyone else?
    Jim Clancy had a perfect game going into the 9th once and I believe he had another 1 or 2 no-no's hitters go into at least the 8th but got broken up.
    2010 Eastern Conferance Standings: 95 Pts clinch

*1. Wsh- 103- XY
    *2. Pit- 87
    *3. Buf- 82
    4. NJ- 85
    5. Ott- 79
    6. Mtl- 78
    7. Phi- 76
    8. Bos- 74
    ---------------------------------------------
    9. NYR- 71
    10. Atl- 69