Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 116 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose - Jays Look to come back in Texas - ALDS Part 2

Texas Rangers

Vs

Toronto Blue Jays

Wednesday October 14, 4:07 PM

Cole Hamels (13-8, 3.65 ERA) vs Marcus Stroman (4-0, 1.67 ERA)

Texas: Hamels pitched Game 2 of the series for the Rangers, allowing four runs (two earned) on six hits while striking out six and not walking a batter in seven innings.

Toronto: Stroman made his postseason debut in Game 2 and allowed four runs(three earned) over seven innings. He was in line for the win, but the bullpen was not able to close the door in a game that eventually went 14 innings.

Thought that we could use a new thread, given all the negativity and bad luck in the old one. Let's keep this one positive. The Red Sox came back from worse. The Yankees came back against the A's. Time for the Jays to comeback down 0-2. And when you need a pep talk, there's no one better than Coach Taylor. Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.
    Last edited by JaysFan87; 10-12-2015 at 10:31 PM.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    If you have any other good motivational speeches, or links to good ones, post them here .

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

vCash
    i feel like i just gave a stirring speech and everyone just left the room
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I believe in this team!

We'll come back stronger!

vCash
    Can't lose

vCash
    With this new found hope I will do what I should have done a long time ago...Its time to use that little ignore button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    It was well said, but I think that thread needed to be moved on from.

vCash
    We better ****ing hammer Perez. I just can't see a scenario where we don't.

vCash
    Any news or idea on who replaces Cecil?

I can't imagine it being Buehrle even if he's left handed.

vCash
    I appreciated you sticking your neck out there for someone...and I know there are others who admired you saying what you did. Hopefully it caused many in here to pause a bit before firing the canons.

Now if we could translate the passion and energy here in this forum to the Jays bats and gloves, then this series isn't over. If the Jays don't plate 4+ runs against Perez, then they simply don't deserve to win anything. This is about as winnable playoff game as they're gonna get.

I think the problem now though is that the Rangers are in the heads of the Jays. It's like an underdog light heavyweight dancing around the ring with the favored heavyweight...throwing jabs, dodging, ducking, and slipping in some solid shots while the heavyweight spends all their energy throwing bombs in the air.

Bannister and Co. have severely outplayed and out-adjusted the Jays coming into this series (and benefited from some luck and umpire love). It's now or never for Gibby and the Jays to make the necessary adjustments. For now, we'll put the Fire Gibby thread on hold.....for now....
    Last edited by passengershawn; 10-10-2015 at 10:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    With this new found hope I will do what I should have done a long time ago...Its time to use that little ignore button.
    Lol good man.

This is me begging that everyone else do the same. We are all quite familiar with each other - if there is someone here who you know grates on your nerves instead of trying to "put them in their place" put them on ignore or just ignore the low tech way. Just as negativity erodes at the enjoyment of the forum so too does intolerance of peoples feelings erode at its quality.

Also, Joey Bats says get along *****es.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Although not the rousing motivational speech we're in need of...maybe we also just need a little laugh! This is one that I would love to see someone recite for a job interview

vCash
    Well boys, that was my first playoff game and by far the most intense game I've ever witnessed live. When Ben Revere hit the single to put us ahead I think I jumped 5 feet into the air. I also almost fell over the railing onto the person in front of me. Unfortunately the end result wasn't what I or anyone else wanted and it definitely was a soul crushing defeat. Thank the powers that be that I went to see Stevie Wonder right after the game because that was truly one of the only things that could've cheered me up. Now for some points from the game.

I haven't read through the game thread but I can only imagine what it was like. First thing I want to tackle is Cecil facing Napoli. Gibbons made the right move by leaving Cecil in and anyone who says otherwise can just go and stick their fist in their own mouth. Before the season ended Osuna and Sanchez both looked shakey while Cecil continued mowing EVERYONE (lefty and righty) down in his path. It sucks that he didn't come through but I'm definitely not saying it was a bad move by Gibbons. Cecil has been our best reliever for the second half and has been next to impossible to score on. I don't care if Mike Trout was at the plate, I would've left Cecil in.

Next is the strikezone. I was sitting on the 1st base line in the 500's so I didn't have the best judgement but from what I could see it looked like pitches at the knees were sometimes strikes and sometimes balls. Most of the time the call didn't go the Jays way which sucks but bad strikezone or not, we needed to hit the ball better. It seemed like everybody was swinging for the fences in extra innings and it was driving me crazy. I also discovered that Tulowitzki can't hit an off speed pitch if his life depended on it. The strike zone was bad but we had an absolutely horrible approach at the plate in extra innings where everybody wanted to be the hero.

The Odor play hurt. It hurt a lot. His foot came off the bag and the replay showed it yet the umpires held the ruling up. It really sucks that led to the eventual game winning run being scored but such if life. We went through the meat of our order in extra innings multiple times and couldn't even deliver a hit.

In the end, we didn't deserve to win this game and the official scorer really hates Marcus Stroman. 2 errors (maybe 3 if you count Goins' play) in the 1st really hurt us. Martin throwing the ball into left field was flat out ugly. Professional ball players don't screw up run downs very often but lo and behold, we did. The series isn't over yet though. We've gone on two eleven game winning streaks already this year so why not a third? We need to go into Texas and flat out destroy them by 5 or more runs. We need that one game where our offense just explodes then continues to snowball. We're definitely not out of this series. In the words of Yogi Berra, "It ain't over, till it's over."

vCash
    Lol good man.

This is me begging that everyone else do the same. We are all quite familiar with each other - if there is someone here who you know grates on your nerves instead of trying to "put them in their place" put them on ignore or just ignore the low tech way. Just as negativity erodes at the enjoyment of the forum so too does intolerance of peoples feelings erode at its quality.

Also, Joey Bats says get along *****es.
    Cheers. I will say that it's more annoying seeing everyone jump on a couple of posters than to read those guys going through their emotional ups and downs.

And Joey should do all his talking with his bat

vCash
    Thats exactly it. Those comments would just be little blips on the page if people didn't decide they needed to take them to task. This forum can be really good again if we all step back and examine our own role in this.

Page 1 of 116 1231151101 ... LastLast