Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How does this series play out?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue Jays sweep

0 0%
  • Blue Jays take 2/3

3 60.00%
  • White Sox take 2/3

1 20.00%
  • White Sox sweep

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Blue Jays vs White Sox: June 10-12

Toronto Blue Jays

VS

Chicago White Sox

Monday, June 10, 7:10 PM CDT, U.S. Cellular Field

vs
    R.A. Dickey..........Dylan Axelrod
    5-7, 4.66 ERA...........3-4, 3.73 ERA

Dickey had his best start of the year during his last outing against the Giants. He came within two outs of a shutout before being pulled with one out in the ninth. He allowed just two hits and two walks over his 8 1/3 innings.

Axelrod might someday be the answer to a trivia question, as he was the starting pitcher in Wednesday's 16-inning, 5 1/2-hour affair in Seattle. Axelrod allowed six hits but no runs over 5 1/3 innings, while striking out four and walking five.

Tuesday, June 11, 7:10 PM CDT, U.S. Cellular Field

vs
    Chien-Ming Wang........Jose Quintana
    0-0, -.-- ERA........3-2, 3.95 ERA

Wang will make his first start for the Blue Jays after signing a big league deal this past week. Wang had a 4-4 record with a 2.33 ERA in 58 innings this season with the Yankees' Triple-A affiliate.

It was a much-needed boost for a tired bullpen provided by Quintana on Thursday against the A's, when he lasted 7 2/3 innings. Quintana finished with a no-decision when the White Sox couldn't hold a 3-0 lead, giving him one victory since April 25.

Wednesday, June 12, 7:10 PM CDT, U.S. Cellular Field

vs
    Esmil Rogers..........Chris Sale
    1-2, 3.60 ERA.........5-4, 2.68 ERA

Rogers will be making his third start of the season after moving out of the bullpen. His last outing vs. Texas was his best, and longest. Rogers lasted four innings, giving up a single run on three hits and a walk, with six strikeouts.

Sale made one mistake in Friday's loss to the A's and it resulted in a Josh Donaldson game-winning grand slam. Sale had his scoreless-innings streak at home snapped at 17 and allowed more than two earned runs for the first time since April 13.
    Last edited by StealingSigns; 06-10-2013 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    1. LF: Melky Cabrera
    2. RF: Jose Bautista
    3. 1B: Edwin Encarnacion
    4. DH: Adam Lind
    5. CF: Colby Rasmus
    6. C: Josh Thole
    7. 3B: Maicer Izturis
    8. 2B: Emilio Bonifacio
    9. SS: Munenori Kawasaki
    SP: R.A. Dickey
    Blue Jays Ace Todd Redmond

vCash
    1. CF: Alejandro De Aza
    2. SS: Alexei Ramirez
    3. RF: Alex Rios
    4. 1B: Paul Konerko
    5. DH: Adam Dunn
    6. LF: Dayan Viciedo
    7. 3B: Jeff Keppinger
    8. 2B: Gordon Beckham
    9. C: Hector Gimenez
    SP: Dylan Axelrod

vCash
    Improving Dickey looks to continue trend vs. Sox
    Konerko tries to get hot against Toronto ace in Chicago opener

R.A. Dickey is coming off his finest outing of the year, and that's bad news for the White Sox.

The Blue Jays knuckleballer starts Monday in the first of three games in Chicago. White Sox hurler Dylan Axelrod will take the mound for the home team.

Dickey, last year's National League Cy Young Award winner, came within two outs of a shutout his last time out in San Francisco. In 8 1/3 innings, he allowed two hits and two walks, striking out five. The upper back and neck injuries Dickey dealt with to start the season seem to be behind him.

"I was changing speeds a lot today, which was good," Dickey said afterward. "I was able to throw a 63-64 mph [knuckleball] for a strike and I was able to throw a 79-mph one for a strike.

"As I've gotten healthier, I felt like I've been able to have a latitude to be able to do that. Before, it was just trying to muster everything I could to survive an outing, and recently I've felt a bit better."

Dickey is 5-7 with a 4.66 ERA. He'll catch the White Sox lineup at a time when one of its heaviest hitters, Paul Konerko, is struggling at the dish.

Konerko is hitting .235 with six home runs and 23 RBIs. He went deep on Saturday for his first homer since May 22, snapping an 11-game, 44-at-bat stretch without one.

Despite Konerko's numbers, manager Robin Ventura likes what he's seeing from the slugger.

"The swing and everything, that's normally what you see out of him," Ventura said. "He's had it for a while, although results-wise, it might not be what you want. Again, the swings are a lot better."

Blue Jays: Starting pitching vital for Toronto
    Toronto has won three of four games and held opponents to 2.5 runs per game in that span. General manager Alex Anthopoulos said the success of the team depends largely on the success of the rotation.

"We're looking for individual performances. We're looking to the rotation to do what they can," he said. "It's going to be a key part of us getting back on track. I think from an offensive stand point, we struggled so much the first month or five-six weeks, we've obviously seen a lot of signs of life there.

"A lot of players have emerged. [We] feel good from an offensive standpoint, especially when [Jose] Reyes gets back. It's just a matter of getting the rotation back on track."

Entering this series, Toronto starters are 13-23 with a 5.20 ERA.

White Sox: Buehrle won't pitch in Chicago return
    • Mark Buehrle was drafted by the White Sox in 1998 and spent the first 12 years of his career pitching in Chicago's South Side. This week, he'll make his first visit to U.S. Cellular Field as a member of an opposing team, though he isn't scheduled to start.

Buehrle is 2-4 with a 5.06 ERA as a member of the Blue Jays. He saw the White Sox in Toronto on April 15, when he gave up two runs in 6 1/3 innings en route to his first win of the season. As a member of the White Sox, Buehrle went 161-119 and compiled a 3.86 ERA.

• Axelrod takes the hill looking to lead Chicago to its third straight win. He threw 5 1/3 scoreless innings, allowing six hits and five walks while striking out four. Only 47 of his 93 pitches went for strikes.

• In his last 11 games, Alejandro De Aza is hitting .386 (17-for-44) with seven RBIs, seven runs scored and six walks. He raised his batting average from .239 to .267.

Worth noting
    • The two clubs split a four-game series in Toronto from April 15-18.

• Chicago is 8-6 against the Blue Jays since 2012. From 2008-11, Toronto won 22 of 30 matchups.

All info provided by bluejays.com.

vCash
    Dickey Improving? since when

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Our line up from 6-9 still looks pretty awful, while I hope Dickey doesn't give up a 5 spot in the 1st few innings this is the best chance of winning. Games 2 and 3 look like all in Bull Pen!

2 of 3 here to me will be the best we will do. but would not be surprised to see 1 win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Our line up from 6-9 still looks pretty awful, while I hope Dickey doesn't give up a 5 spot in the 1st few innings this is the best chance of winning. Games 2 and 3 look like all in Bull Pen!

2 of 3 here to me will be the best we will do. but would not be surprised to see 1 win.
    Really ? This is a pretty poor Chicago white sox offense we might be able to pitch around the fact we have Rogers and wang , this series will come down to offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysnraptors44 View Post
    Really ? This is a pretty poor Chicago white sox offense we might be able to pitch around the fact we have Rogers and wang , this series will come down to offense
    and our offense was trash against Texas and trash the last time we face Chicago

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    wonder if the lack of Gibbons will be noticed tonight
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    I envy every person watching the game in T.O. the next three nights...being in the Chicago area, I am stuck listening to that rambling homer moron piece of crap Hawk Harralson for the next 3 nights. I couldn't take it when they were in Toronto in April, so hopefully the Jays sweep to stick it to that douche.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney23 View Post
    I envy every person watching the game in T.O. the next three nights...being in the Chicago area, I am stuck listening to that rambling homer moron piece of crap Hawk Harralson for the next 3 nights. I couldn't take it when they were in Toronto in April, so hopefully the Jays sweep to stick it to that douche.
    I feel for you. But why not go to the actual game?

vCash
    Does anyone have a Rogers On Demand account that works in terms of the online website? I used to watch Blue Jays games online because I used my account but I'm not suscribed to Rogers Sportsnet, just their internet and phone not the cable.

I swear to god I will not use your ROD account online to do anything else, I'm pretty sure you can't anyways... If someone could PM me their Email adress/username + password

http://www.rogersondemand.com/channe...d=GTM_SportsLP

for that ^

it'd be great. I literally can't watch Blue Jays games for the rest of the season now..

vCash
    I think we can take 2 games here. Hopefully our offence helps out the bullpen starters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    and our offense was trash against Texas and trash the last time we face Chicago
    Way to be positive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysnraptors44 View Post
    Way to be positive
    pot calling the kettle black?

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast