Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Vince Young < LaDainian Tomlinson

I just checked the box score for the game and saw that Vince Young had an atrocious game passing, to the point where LT had a better QB rating... and LT only attempted one pass, which went incomplete.

LT QB stats: 0/1 39.6 rating

VY QB stats: 8/21 for 89 yards. No TDs, 2 picks. 11.9 rating

He's done really well passing before tonight, so was tonight a return to the old VY or a blip on the radar? With 182 yards rushing, I'd expect the passing game to be opened up.

I wasn't able to watch the game because I was with family who didn't have the NFL Network, so I don't know what exactly happened. Was he bad, or did the Chargers' D just dominate?

vCash
    Whoever moved this, it's not really a player comparison... It compares the two players briefly but it's more about analyzing Vince Young

vCash
    If you watched the game, the Titans' receivers had a TON of dropped passes (though Young was far from perfect). One pass literally head Justin Gage in the helmet as he was too late turning around to see the ball on a quick slant route (absolutely laughable). Britt dropped a pass downfield late in the game that would have been a guaranteed touchdown and Washington dropped a long pass early in the game that should have been an easy catch.

Young was far from perfect, but the Titans' horrible defense and the receivers dropping balls sure didn't help matters any...

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If you watched the game, the Titans' receivers had a TON of dropped passes (though Young was far from perfect). One pass literally head Justin Gage in the helmet as he was too late turning around to see the ball on a quick slant route (absolutely laughable). Britt dropped a pass downfield late in the game that would have been a guaranteed touchdown and Washington dropped a long pass early in the game that should have been an easy catch.

Young was far from perfect, but the Titans' horrible defense and the receivers dropping balls sure didn't help matters any...
    Mmk thanks I like VY, so I was just curious as to how the game actually played out compared to just stats

vCash
    lol. hadn't seen this. amusing.

VY shows flashes, but i don't see him being consistent enough (or having decent enough mechanics) to be anything in the NFL other that a run-first QB with decent pass skills as an afterthought.

part of it is lack of intelligence (that wonderlic was a doozie). part of it is being in a system not at all conducive to his game (a great RB, weak WR corps, etc...imagine him in a wildcat-type offense...he'd be scary). but most of it is his slow and awkward delivery. the guy is 6'5", but his release point is lower than guys like drew brees' and tom brady's. and it's a slow release...the only way a 6'6" NFL D-lineman ISN'T going to block that is if he jumps out of the way of it.

he's been about what i thought he'd be, heading out of texas. he has potential, but not much for throwing. i can't believe he's gotten to the level he's at with such an unorthodox (and apparently ineffective) throwing motion.
    Last edited by friarfan07; 12-29-2009 at 05:11 PM.

vCash
    Maybe if you worded your thread differently and didn't use the < in the title, it wouldnt have been moved.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!